Random Thoughts (Week 1)

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by _MG_, Nov 28, 2011.

1. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Welcome to MG's random thoughts. Most weeks (can't promise every week) I will post a thread with just my random thoughts pertaining to whats going on around the league.

Hope you enjoy the read. Here we go...

RANDOM THOUGHTS
    Week 1
    WTF is going on with all these interceptions?
    [​IMG]
    I know, I know. It is week 1...the defense is always ahead of the offense this time of year and it takes a few weeks for offenses to get settled in. I am still shocked how many interceptions were thrown this week. With three games left in week 1, HK has tallied a total of 46 interceptions, or more than 2 interceptions per team on average. That is just plain bad football. The worst part is the fact a lot of these teams that threw these horrible interceptions would have won otherwise (I am looking at you Redskins, Titans and Cleveland).​
    Let us hope these Qbs figure it out, or we are in store for one UGLY season offensively!​
    Matt Schaub and Tony Romo are still jobless...
    [​IMG]
    Seems like last season was a bad year to be a starting quarterback in the great state of Texas. Both NFL teams starters last season are still jobless as week 1 is coming to a close. Lets take a look at where each guy might land and then I will give my predictions on each player.​
    Teams needing a QB
    Tennessee Titans - After a disastrous start for the Titans week 1 against the Colts, lots of reports came out that they were on the phone with Tony Romo. Apparently, those reports were either false OR the Titans got cold feet and decided to stick with Locker. I think Tony Romo would fit this offense perfectly with his ability to move around in and out of the pocket (the same way Locker can) and make accurate throws.​
    Cleveland Browns - The owner of the Browns knows where I stand on Colt McCoy, and I am sure you all do too. He is pure garbage. This team can go places with a QB, they had a huge off-season bringing in stars including the gem of the off-season Desean Jackson. They would have won their week 1 game if Colt McCoy didn't throw 5 interceptions. The Browns need to desperately look into a move to land a QB who won't lose games for them single-hand-idly. Romo OR Schaub would be good.​
    St. Louis Rams - Now, now, now. Hear me out. Sam Bradford has been less than stellar for them for a while now. I am not expecting them to bring in either of these guys to start, but perhaps a capable backup could push Bradford and motivate him to play better. The Rams are a very good team with a sharp Bradford behind center, perhaps a move to bring in Schaub or Romo would push him to greatness.​
    Seattle Seahawks - Just from looking at their week 1 assault and battery they put on the Detroit Lions, it appears this team is far improved from last years disappointing campaign. Only thing missing? A quarterback. Perhaps those controlling the Seahawks will see how much potential this year has with this current team and will give a QB a call to help guide them to the playoffs. That is a winnable division for them if their offense really starts to click.​
    MG's ALWAYS RIGHT Prediction:​
    Tony Romo will be the starting Quarterback for the Tennesee Titans by Week 4. They will re-consider their decision to back off and give Tony another call after another Jake Locker flame out next week against the Jets​
    Matt Schaub will retire. I don't think Seattle has the cap space or cojones to go all-in this year with a QB like Schaub, and I think Cleveland is committed (for better or worse) with Colt McSuck this season.​
    Raiders, Falcons and Cardinals: YEAR OF THE UNDERDOG?
    [​IMG]
    In the three biggest games of the week, all three teams favored lost. The defending champion Baltimore Ravens fell to the Oakland Raiders 45-21, the Atlanta Falcons dismantled St. Louis in a playoff rematch 31-6 and the Arizona Cardinals took down the NFC Champion Minnesota Vikings 24-23. What an amazing start to the season for these three teams. All three teams won in different ways.​
    The Raiders offense was unstoppable, with RUN DMC (my MVP pick...go ahead, check the other thread) just embarrassing the Super Bowl Champs. If he can keep it up, I believe Oakland is the best team in the AFC.

The Falcons did it with quick strike touchdowns and costly turnovers by Sam Bradford. I think their new improved offensive and defensive lines should really help them do damage this season deep into the playoffs.

The Cardinals did it with a Quarterback who many thought should have been benched two years ago. Kevin Kolb had maybe his best game as a Cardinal, throwing 2 touchdowns and more importantly throwing 0 interceptions. Could this be a turning point for Kolb's career and the Cardinals? We will see, but it sure was a promising start.

That's it folks, hope you enjoyed the read. See y'all next week.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Good job with this. The Rams are fine at QB though, 1 game won't change anything QB wise :)

3. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Just a suggestion, a bit of a stretch I agree.

Just looking for a reaction, I am the Jason Whitlock/Skip Bayless of Hard Knocks.

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

5. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

LOL at Charlie Whitehurst at QB with Schaub and Romo out there.

Pony up the cash Matt!

Also, I think you can add the Panthers or Saints to the Underdog list and remove me. I think its gonna be a barn burner for that division.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Damn no love for the colts and no manning smh jk

7. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Ok....I may be forced to make a change.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I don't throw the ball enough to justify this lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. G_T_G

G_T_G BEAR DOWN

Rather spend the money on your corner addiction I bet lol

I know what you mean though.

10. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Funny you say that. I'm looking to get another corner actually. EA is absolutely pathetic and has Joseph regressing like crazy. No reason he should have regressed either of these seasons. He's now a mediocre nickle corner at best. And he's soaking up all of my cap lol.

Him and LeRoy Hill will not be Seahawks next season.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteamboatReb

SteamboatReb Walk On

Good job dude!!!!That is just what Matt Hill needed to light the proverbial fire under his ass. Coverboy for a "WTF" interceptions blurb. lol. If Washington can manage the TOs, we are gonna compete this year.

• Like Like x 3