Random thoughts

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by RaveDown, Jul 1, 2009.

1. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Random thoughts

I think we should start the dynasty maybe 2 weeks after release. That way we can get familiar with the game to see how the sliders should be adjusted and to test out recruiting to see if there needs to be restrictions. Also to wait for the patch (if it does not take to long to be released).

Advancing the dynasty, there should be a set time after the week has been advanced to when it will be advanced again. Like if you have a user vs. user game you have 72 hours to get it in, you can work with this a little bit because for me OD are about the user vs. user games. But not to much IMO because I hate waiting 4 or 5 days for an advancement, but I do have ADD. If you have a CPU game you should have 48 hours to get it in. If everyone else is done and it's and 48 hours has gone by, the week should be flipped. It only takes an 1 1/2 to recruit and get a CPU game done.

I know I'm impatient and hate waiting around for it to be advanced because a few people are taking too long. I've played in dynastys with other guys who have familys and full time jobs who could get on every night to play their game.

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

I think we should start the dynasty maybe 2 weeks after release. That way we can get familiar with the game to see how the sliders should be adjusted and to test out recruiting to see if there needs to be restrictions. Also to wait for the patch (if it does not take to long to be released).
    co-sign

3. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I agree with waiting wholeheartedly, but my personal problem lies in Oklahoma Coaches Clinic falling from 26th-30th (maybe 31st) and I HAVE to be away and be there. Its no biggie to me if my stuff has to be simmed for a bit because thats the way the cookie crumbles, also, I dont want to be a reason we dont start until the end of July lol.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

When do rosters usually drop?

5. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Well if anything I could try to schedule a bye week for uduring that time. We'll figure something out. Also Ravedown, we are definitely going to have a fixed advance deadline each week. Like you I don't like waiting 4-5 to advance. We need to keep this thing moving as best we can. We will def wait a couple weeks to test ou sliders, as soon as we hve something set we will start the dynasty.

6. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Like I said, if we have to sim mine, NO problem. I knew this was coming when I signed up for the league and that there was a good chance in the first year I'd have to let one be simmed, no sweat off my back. I'm with you all in the fact of keeping it moving, I need all the years in I can get before NCAA 11 if I want a snowballs chance in you know where of turning Duke around lol.

**EDIT** And P.S Hotrod, ya care if I start working on a Duke thread in the summaries section? What can I say, I'm a freak.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah have at it Jman. Hopefully most of the guys will do some great write ups from time to time.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Fried cheese curds are delicious.:)

9. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

We also plan to wait on rosters correct?

10. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Round 2

Setting DLine play to aggressive is retarted. I noticed a guy was getting sick pressure on me and finally noticed "User jump snap" at the bottome of the screen. It has nothing to do with user though, becuase if I notice someone is doing it to me I do the same and I never jump the snap manually. The main problem is that there is no counter to it. You can fake hike all you want, but the majority of times they still jump the snap. The DLine pressure is good enough IMO as is, I would say a rule that no one can use this.

Man defense is the best I've seen since playing online, it's actually worth while running. Shit, you could run as your base D if you like it. There's an unpredictability to it, unlike in years past you knew a WR would be open if you ran a certain route. Should be interesting in recruiting to see if the ratings matter and Man Coverage actually determines how good a guy plays it. But with EA and their inability to make some ratings matter you never know.

Strafe picks are not as sick as last year. They still work but you just can't any guy to jump really high and pick it. Which means the swat button will actually be used this year.

I have two videos on easportsworld.com, one is a one handed pick six and the other is when I "intercepted" a pitch. The amazing thing is that my guy picked it by himself, I though it was just gonna bounce off of him and hit the ground. I damn near shitted myself when I realized I caught it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/9753/videos

Also I have off Wed., Thursday and Friday. I'll be online most of the time playing NCAA. So hit me up if you wanna run a game

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    We'll have to continue to evaulate the effectiveness of the aggressive pass rush. I do feel you regarding strafe picks. User control while the ball is in the air is more difficult than '09. I think that is a good thing. Defensive AI is def a lot better as a whole.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Newb Slice killed me last night with the jump the snap. Even when I kept a TE in to block him it didn't matter.

With them making ball in the air movement more difficult and taking out the really high jumps it really makes zone coverage real shitty in my opinion. Sure no more crazy INT numbers in a game but the defense never seems to play their zones right. And curse whoever mapped swat ball to the LB, the most difficult button the use on the controller.

13. Blaza

I like the running game alot. Of course, knowing when and when not to use turbo has always been a staple to a good running game, but you REALLY have to lay off RT this year if you want to be effective. If you are holding turbo at any point behind the line of scrimmage, you can pretty much count on no gain.

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Not sure if it will make a difference but with the penalty sliders turned up maybe some of those jumped snaps will be offsides? We need to test that out before making the decision to outright ban aggressive pass rush.

15. The Knee

The Knee Walk On

i dont know how much that jump the snap is really helping. i do know that if you pick run commit left or right and have a blitz to the same side and are on aggresive you better be in shotgun. they come quick. someone is mostly open but the rush is sick. pass commiting on a pass play doesnt help the pass rush for some reason again. hopefully the patch will make things play out a little better. sounds promising on the ps3 end.

16. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

does anybody else have a problem with how often and easily the QB makes one of the Tom Brady tuck rule passes while there is any type of pressure?

17. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

are you guys nit picking? We should probly play a full season before we make serious changes like not allowing aggressive pass rushing.

18. Blaza

Agreed..

19. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I'm really not trying to have like 100 new rules added to what we have. Last thing anyone wants is 8 pages of rules to follow. For season 1 we will try to keep things simple, I will add some things to the rules over the weekend and put polls up for some other possible rules.

20. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

I don't care whether or not if it's allowed. But jump the snap makes a HUGE difference in gameplay. Play a half with it and then play a half without it.