Random TMFL Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Kasper, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

So I wanted to make this thread, because I love doing content- however, since I have the attention span (when it comes to video games) of a caffeinated squirrell, I thought I would just run with this title and put what I want in this thread when I want to. You will see things from draft stories, to who's team is hot + who is doing terrible, playoff yadda yadda yadda; I think you get it.

Maybe this will liven things up a little bit around here.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

League members should comment more in other threads, more specifically the game of the week and NFC North blogs :)

More chatter pleeeeeeeeaaaaase

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

4 THINGS WE SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT

1) The 49ers Perfect Season
    [​IMG]

Sure we all know biggcoug65 is probably the best user in the league + he has arguably the best roster- but a perfect season is still a perfect season. Some notable wins along the way have been: a 58-0 beatdown of Hova and his Lions, a combined 74-7 score against Seattle this season, two very close wins against Baron and his upstart Cards, and other outstanding wins against very good teams (34-27 over Carolina, 41-28 over Dallas). That is quite the resume-- oh and to add on to that, he is the reigning Super Bowl champ!

So the question arises- will San Fran lose a game this year? I'm not talking regular season (sorry Dan, though I do hope you beat him and am rooting for you!) Honestly, it would be hard for me to personally bet AGAINST Cougs not taking the title this year and completely running the table. So question one is simple: Does Cougs run the table this year and why?

2) Empty Teams
    [​IMG]

Raiders, Giants, Redskins, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Indy.... all holes we will need to fill as a league here shortly (as far as I know- if I am incorrect on any of those please correct me fuzzyl0gic ). Now I am a firm believer that everybody should be helping with the search. I don't mean we should all have a status on the site stating the openings, but we've all been in leagues with other people- reach out to some folks!

If you ask me, there isn't anything better than reuniting with old buddies from leagues on TSO. I personally couldn't be happier to have a few former Orange Crush guys in TMFL with me in Sawemoff, hornfaninbama, Phil, and Fuzzy (I tried to get BPHusker to join guys, but he has gone next gen :( ). So blah blah blah, ANYWAYS- question two is another simple one: Who are some guys you've played in leagues with that you think would be good fits for the league?

3) Worst Division In The League
    [​IMG]

Alright maybe it isn't a huge deal we aren't discussing this, but it's always an interesting topic. Sure lots of divisions like to thump their chests and call themselves the best, but who is the division that is hiding in the corner hoping nobody notices them being you know.. bad. Let's take a look at our candidates (out of division record in parentheses).

AFC North
    Ravens 7-7 (3-5)
    Bengals 5-9 (3-5)
    Steelers 5-9 (2-7)
    Browns 4-10 (2-7)

TOTAL: 21-35 (10-24)

AFC West
    Broncos 7-7 (3-6)
    Chargers 6-8 (3-6)
    Chiefs 4-10 (2-6)
    Raiders 3-11 (1-7)

TOTAL: 20-36 (9-25)

So right off the bat lets take a minute to note that this pretty much solidifies the NFC as the better conference. I did some quick "math" (my math, so take it with a grain of salt :ROFLMAO: ) but the AFC is 16-38 :dead: against the NFC this year as of the time I did this according to the website. So there you go NFC guys, stroke that Epeen.

Now moving from Goliath over to David's younger, more fragile brother Steve (fact check) let's figure out who is the worst. Based purely off numbers, AFC West takes the cake as TMFL's Toilet- but I'm curious what you guys think still. Both divisions are currently missing a user- but Pitt is an aging team while Oakland is probably one good user away from being a playoff contender. Because I like keeping things simple for you nitwits, question three: The worst division in TMFL is ______ because ________.

4) MVP! MVP! MVP!
    [​IMG]

Adrian Peterson, Cam Newton, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Arian Foster-- who is MVP this year? Geno is the reigning champ and is playing well, but his team isn't where they were last year (I don't think anyways). The best team in the league doesn't have a guy necessarily "dominating" outside of the entire defensive unit- the carries are split between Santez Etuk and Frank Gore- so this seems like a wide open race to me. To help, I will break down the race using the players I listed above.

Adrian Peterson: 2,127 yards, 20 TDs

Cam Newton: 4,473 yards on 62%, 38 TDs, 30 INTs, 449 rush yards, 9 TDs

Geno Smith: 3,955 yards on 63%, 35 TDs, 16 INTs, 795 rush yards, 9 TDs

Arian Foster: 1,634 yards, 24 TDs

EJ Manuel: 3,946 yards on 68%, 32 TDs, 11 INTs, 443 rush yards, 13 TDs

Who is TMFL's MVP?

Enjoy.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  4. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

the 49ers are a hot team right now...seems to be pissing everyone off and driving them away from doing stuff like the SRS fuzzyl0gic and the power rankings Hova

• Like Like x 4
  5. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

1. No comment, but I am hoping I can win the Bowl again
    2. I'll look into it, this is my first time in an XBOX league
    3. Tough to say, I haven't played anyone in the AFC West, but Papa Perry and the Steelers at the time were both good games for me, so I will say the AFC West SUCKS the MOST
    4. Gotta be EJ Manuel. Cam Newton has way too many INT's to be considered; Adrian Peterson just rushed for over 120 yards in a loss this week, so if Ponder has a bad game they lose; Geno Smith is 0-2 vs Manuel I believe; No Arian Foster because he isn't even at AP's level

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Excellent, excellent I say!

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I put Foster on the ballot because, ya know, I made the ballot :)

24 TDs though!

8. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Coug knew his comeback bid was doomed to failure in our first game so he conspired with my power company to flip the switch! :(

9. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

49ers RB's - 2667 yards 6.16 ypc 31 TD's, add in another 447 yards receiving and 7 receiving TD's

10. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

lol, I knew it had worked when I saw that you left our chat

11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Bastard. :cry:

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

AP has over 2100 yards already?!? Holy effing cheese dick arcade balls

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

If both were one guy, MVP wouldn't be a choice.

14. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

Next season it will be one guy...

• Like Like x 1
  15. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

kbye.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

30 interceptions!?

17. fuzzyl0gic

I blame Obama.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dakota7

Ted Cruz

19. fuzzyl0gic

For years and years of many cycles of Madden and NCAA, I've never learned my lesson. I always throw a lot of boneheaded picks.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Sometimes 6 in one game if I recall.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

No love for Steven Jackson?

22. dakota7

Didn't he retire?

• Like Like x 1