1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Rankings Are So Stupid

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Sep 11, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Rankings Are So Stupid

If your team happens to pop up in my "little" rant don't get offended.

1. How does South Carolina jump into the rankings? I don't care they beat Georgia... they are 1-2... holy ish, the SEC lovefest continues.
    2. Florida State MOVED UP a spot from #17 to #16 AFTER beating an 0-2 team, c'mon son...
    3. Georgia is still ranked... for real dude?
    4. A 1-1 Ohio State team is still IN THE TOP FIVE they don't move the 3-0 MSU Spartans to that spot they keep them damn buckeyes there

I hate that the rankings go by "division leaders" and not actual records so to speak. I know its early but I really hope that in next year's game they give US, the coaches in the OD, a vote in the polls.

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I agree the rankings in the game are totally screwed up, it is literally stupid. I shouldn't be ranked even if my two losses are to top ten teams and neither should any other two loss teams at this point. I think in the game the rankings don't change enough from week to week. So a lot of times the preseason ranking is so important because if you are behind a team you will likely never jump them unless they lose and you stay undefeated. But I will say that I am glad to be getting some respect from the rankings because my first two years I didn't get any, like in my first year I was 11-1 going into the SEC Championship and ranked #13, and I had beaten some good teams.

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i will agree the only win Ohio State has is against my Terps which dropped us to 0-2 so their would lose should have dropped them alot more than it did

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

That's what I'm saying it seems like there is never much change in the polls from week to week.