Rankings Are So Stupid

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Sep 11, 2010.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Rankings Are So Stupid

If your team happens to pop up in my "little" rant don't get offended.

1. How does South Carolina jump into the rankings? I don't care they beat Georgia... they are 1-2... holy ish, the SEC lovefest continues.
    2. Florida State MOVED UP a spot from #17 to #16 AFTER beating an 0-2 team, c'mon son...
    3. Georgia is still ranked... for real dude?
    4. A 1-1 Ohio State team is still IN THE TOP FIVE they don't move the 3-0 MSU Spartans to that spot they keep them damn buckeyes there

I hate that the rankings go by "division leaders" and not actual records so to speak. I know its early but I really hope that in next year's game they give US, the coaches in the OD, a vote in the polls.

2. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

I agree the rankings in the game are totally screwed up, it is literally stupid. I shouldn't be ranked even if my two losses are to top ten teams and neither should any other two loss teams at this point. I think in the game the rankings don't change enough from week to week. So a lot of times the preseason ranking is so important because if you are behind a team you will likely never jump them unless they lose and you stay undefeated. But I will say that I am glad to be getting some respect from the rankings because my first two years I didn't get any, like in my first year I was 11-1 going into the SEC Championship and ranked #13, and I had beaten some good teams.

3. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i will agree the only win Ohio State has is against my Terps which dropped us to 0-2 so their would lose should have dropped them alot more than it did

4. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

That's what I'm saying it seems like there is never much change in the polls from week to week.