Rapid Fire: Official Pick Reactions

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by ThaBayouChef, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Figured this would be a good spot to keep the nonsense out of the "Official Pick" thread. Now all we need is for Hulk_hagen_55 to make his selection! ... LOL j/j bruh, no rush! :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I tried to offer trading him all my 1st round picks if he would just pick his team already. Sadly he didn't bite. :confused:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Hulk is grabbing RGIII... the only reason he wouldn't...is just to prove me wrong

• Like Like x 2
  4. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Alrighty...hope to update this after picks are made....

1) Ninersfan80 - 49ers Couldn't have been a more obvious choice in this entire draft in my opinion. A true niners fan gets his favorite team and has a plethora of weapons on both offense and defense to have some fun with.

2) LtJustice - Seahawks Judging by the success Jim had last year with the Panthers, the Seahawks were a no brainer pick here as well. With Russell Wilson doing his Cam Newton impression and a stacked defense lead by a monster d line and secondary, Jim has a team in the mold of his Panthers of last year.

3) Hulk_hagen_55 Raiders - The first major shocker of the draft. While Aaron is known for taking on projects and building a team to his liking, this team may be one of the biggest projects in the game. One positive is that they're basically a blank slate.

4) thafuture3886 Colts - Another pick that may come as a surprise to some but with a young stud at QB and plenty of 1st and 2nd year players on the team, the upside of this team is through the roof. Sprinkle in a few veterans and this team can be dangerous.

5) ncsu12ddr Panthers - Another fan getting his favorite team here. Not a big shocker here and with Cam Newton at the helm who can blame him. This team has some holes to fill but the cupboard is definitely not bare.

6) DJDunn6 Dolphins - After threatening me not to take the Fins with my pick, i already knew where this pick was headed. Another fan picking his favorite team here and after the big offseason this team has had this team is definitely heading in the right direction.

7) krtgolfing Packers - Getting the Packers at 7 is a steal. This team is absolutely loaded on both sides of the ball and has arguable the best qb in the game. Ryan should have a fun time playing with these boys.

8) saintsdave75 Texans - For the 2nd year in a row, Dave picks the Texans and is very familiar with this team. They still have plenty of weapons on offense and the pickup of Ed Reed should solidify the back of the secondary for a couple seasons.

9) CSteud Redskins - Chris gets RGIII to fall into his lap at #9. Many pegged the Skins going higher but once they fell, Chris could not resist snatching them up. This team is more than just RGIII however, with weapons of offense and a solid defense and should be a problem team for many.

10) redlishus Chiefs - A nice pickup by Troy here as he takes over a really talented team in Kansas City. Finally with a QB at the helm and one of the most underrated defenses in the league, expect this team to be a contender from day 1.

11) MrWitness36 Falcons - I for one am shocked the Falcons made it this far. Armed with possibly the best offense in the game and a defense that can hold its own, Lawon gets a steal at #11.

12) sactown Bucs - Another fan picking up his favorite team here. This pick should come as no surprise to anybody. The Bucs have an explosive offense and the offseason pickups of Revis and Goldson should help their secondary immensely.

13) CTfromDC Bengals - A team that many people had pegged as a sleeper finally comes off the board at #13. Loaded with nothing but young talent this team is clearly on the rise and Carl will enjoy watching these young pups grow throughout the franchise.

14) ThaBayouChef Titans - What may come as a shock to some, comes off as a great pick in my eyes. The Titans have a loaded offensive line and plenty of weapons on offense for Locker to grow with. The defense needs some work but definitely has its share of playmakers. Welcome to the AFC South!

15) Michael Overman Bills - A shocker considering all the talent that was still on the board with this pick. But after passing on the Bills last year in favor of the Brownies, Michael couldn't pass up the opportunity to have some fun with EJ Manuel and CJ Spiller.

16) klaximilian Jets - TJ gets his favorite team to fall into his lap at #16. He and his brother may have been the only 2 seriously considering the Jets but contrary to popular belief, the Jets aren't the big rebuilding project that many think they are.

17) heathh Lions - Lions fall a little further than I would have predicted and Heath picks up an offensive juggurnaut lead by Megatron, Stafford and Reggie Bush. The defense has some nice pieces after a solid free agency period and could be a team to look out for.

18) coachmimz20 Saints - Another offensive jugguranaut goes at #18. Lead by Drew Brees and Jimmy Graham expect Kris to give the NFC South headaches for years to come. The defense may have been the worst in the nfl last year but they have madden talent.

19) CaptMoe Cowboys - What comes as no surprise to anyone, Moe ends up with his Cowboys again. The Cowboys have a solid team all around lead by Romo on offense and Ware on Defense.

20) cry_havoc Giants - Another fan favorite getting his team here as James finally gets to play with his Giants. It'll be interesting to see how James handles this team as he's known to trade away guys for his system.

21) Warhawk AKA dreadman - Third NFC East team in a row lands at #21. Jon inherits everyone's darling from a few seasons ago but my how the mighty have fallen. The Eagles still have plenty of talent and Vick is still the ultimate threat in madden but the defense needs work.

22) Phenom - Finally, Peyton and the Broncos come off the board. Many may have been scared away by Peyton's age and a lack of a successor at QB but James lands a team that is ready to compete from day 1.

23) CowboyMike70 Ravens - Took a little while for the defending superbowl champs to come off the board but Mike picks up a very underrated team that has plenty of youth and talent.

24) PepperNY Patriots - The Pats fall to 24 as Rob happily takes them. This team has some holes to fill on the offensive side of the ball but the defense should be one to watch out for.

25) LLCoolGrey - At 25 the Bears are finally off the board. I'll admit i'm not too familar with this team other than Forte/Cutler/Marshall and I know the defense has been one of the best in real life but can they do so in the virtual world?

26) Juan Valencia Vikings - It took a little longer than some may have expected but Juan snatches up AP and the Vikes at #26. Armed with 3 1st rounders the Vikes appear headed in the right direction.

27) Easy Dez It Rams - A team i thought would garner more interest earlier falls to 27. The Rams are loaded with young talent everywhere and the defense is very underrated. This can be a surprise team this year.

28) KNICKSFAN_84 Chargers - Michael takes the Chargers off the board at 28. The team may not be the sexy pick as it was in previous years but the Chargers can definitely make some noise this season.

29) dablakpope - Another team i thought would be gone earlier falls to 29. Being a Steelers fan it's hard to admit when the Browns are trending in the right direction but indeed they are thanks to good drafting.

30) AveryB Steelers - FINALLY THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL COMES OFF THE BOARD! In all seriousness, the Steelers are definitely a solid team and I was close to taking them myself. They have some salary cap issues, but what team doesn't?

31) CHUNKNESS Jags - As soon as the Vikes were off the board, i had this pick pegged. Everyone that knows Doug knows he loves a project team and this may be his biggest project yet. Aside from MJD and a couple other players, this team is in for a complete overhaul.

32) @miki Cardinals - The Cards surprisingly fall to 32 and Miki should be very happy. Armed with a great defense and a decent offense, Miki could have done a lot worse being the last pick.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
  5. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Was it that obvious?

6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Feel free to update your trade block with any of those 90+ offensive linemen at anytime!

7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

You can have Goodwin

8. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I call dibs on Iupati..

9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. thafuture3886

Other than the name, constant mentions of the 49ers and how bad you wanted them? Naw, not obvious at all :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Hmm maybe I should of downplayed it lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Back to back surprises!! Love it!

• Like Like x 3
  13. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

At first I was, very surprised to see Hulk take the Raiders. But upon second thought, it makes perfect sense if you know him. McFadden is going to be dangerous in Hulki's hands.

Curtis I had pegged for the Redskins or Panthers, because I know he wanted a good, young mobile QB. But really, while Luck isn't a running quarterback per say, he is plenty mobile enough that Curtis' opponents are going to have to spy him quite often.

Nice picks guys!

• Like Like x 4
  14. thafuture3886

Redskins were my initial pick when i saw i was picking 4th for that reason above. But after doing a little research, i couldn't pass up on all the young untapped talent the Colts have as they have built so much through the draft the past couple years

• Like Like x 2
  15. thafuture3886

Updated through pick 4...

16. CHUNKNESS

No surprise by David's pick. You're up Danny! DJDunn6

• Like Like x 2
  17. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I predict the Phins.

• Like Like x 4
  18. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

DJDunn6

Your up!! Know Chunk tagged ya but I double bugging ya!!

I predict the Packers for DJDunn!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Better get your top two list ready to go then :snaphappy:

• Like Like x 1
  20. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

He is picking the Dolphins.. Just saw his avatar!! Hint hint...

• Like Like x 2
  21. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

You taking a shot at me smartass!!JK.. That was probably me as a kid!!!

23. CHUNKNESS

So who's it going to be Ryan?

• Like Like x 2
  24. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

That would be a great question.. Stay tuned to find out.. Will be making it here shortly after a little research between three teams. One probably a shocker...

25. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

• Like Like x 3