Rate My Fantasy Football Team

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by fuzzyl0gic, Aug 26, 2013.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

It's that time of year! I'd love to get some feedback on my team this year. I've tried FF a couple of times, and was always unprepared and the absolute worst. I had one win in this league (from my screenshot) last year, hoping for at least a few more this go around.

Feel free to post yours as well and everyone can chime in.

[​IMG]

2. fuzzyl0gic

Keller I'll owe you some money if I win. :cool:

3. fuzzyl0gic

Our scoring system:

[​IMG]

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

5. fuzzyl0gic

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

fuzzyl0gic overall a nice team. With Bell's injury status, I"m a bit concerned with your depth at RB. Murray and Forte have a tendency to get dinged up. Otherwise, it looks awesome. If you can stay healthy, you're in great shape.

kdpnutter I'd say you live and die with RG3. Nobody will beat your receiving corps, but I really don't like Andre Brown in the flex (and I'm a Giants fan). That said, Bernard could be in for a huge year. If he blows up and RG3 is equally as good as he was last year, you'll be tough to beat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Thanks I need RG III healthy but smith is a good backup I think, and Hopkins and Blackmon are the wild cards for me. Givens is gonna start at the flex for me week 1 depending on the health of Hopkins. If spiller or lynch go down I got two solid backups in them to take a lot of carries I hope.

Overall definitely a high ceiling for what you got, it just depends on health and see if cam plays like he did rookie year or like last year.

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I hear you Steve, Brown wont be in the flex it most likely is going to be one of my wrs there it just put him there because of draft position. RG III will be a big factor for me with his health but I didn't want a jay cutler behind him who could have a horrible game, Alex smith game manager solid if unspectacular scoring is okay with me as opposed to 3 INTs.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Should be a great season overall and hey definitely will be a lot of fun regardless.

10. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

I am very proud of my team this year..

[​IMG]

Also worth noting that I just put in a waiver claim on Le'Veon Bell and I will drop Redman

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What is this an 8 team league? That team is fucking jacked.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Keller

I love this team as well. Ingram might pop for ONCE in his career but if not, you've got excellent players behind him to start in the flex. Ryan Mathews can be a bye week fill in too. Patriots D the first two weeks faces Buffalo (starting the first undrafted rookie FA on opening day for the first time in the modern draft era - something like since 1967) and the Jets. Thats scary, lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Keller

I'm higher on Forte and Murray than a lot of people. Deangelo and Bell are decent guys to take a chance on given the opportunity they may get as well. Your draft is never going to be perfect - you'll always have to take a gamble on somebody and I like the guys he's gambling on. Murray has loads of talent and I think its about time he stays on the field. Forte will be fine.

14. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Your WRs suck fuzzy :wtf:

15. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Fuzzy's team on paper is good if everyone stays healthy, but Murray will get hurt, Nelson has been hurt and I worry about McCoy staying upright if he gets all the touches they think he'll get. If everyone stays healthy though that team is good.

kdpnutter's team I agree is all about RG3. If he's good I think they'll be good, but I'd be worried about RB. Bernard and Brown will probably both split carries to start they year, so you only rally have 1 full time RB. But if Cruz is healthy ( I think he's been hurt in camp too) and RG3 is good you'll probably be good.

Cole's team is good. I like that team. That's gotta be a 10 team league though right?

• Like Like x 1
  16. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

upload_2013-8-27_7-52-31.png

Money league team. 12 team league. Basically standard scoring except 5 bonus pts for 300 yd passing / 100 yd rushing - receiving. Also td's 20-49 yds are 8 pts, 50+ yds are 10 pts. So this league rewards big plays and big games. Blount I'll end up cutting at some point to add someone after the first few weeks.

17. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Can't take a screen shot from work, but here is my wife's team. I think she was pretty solid, she would like some feedback from the boys.

12 Team League
    6 points passing TD
    Non PPR League so no points per catch

Everything else is pretty standard.

Starting Lineup:
    QB - RGIII
    WR - Vincent Jackson (TB)
    WR - Hakeem Nicks (NYG)
    RB - Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
    RB - Chris Johnson (TEN)
    TE - Jimmy Graham (NO)
    W/R - DeAngelo Williams (CAR)

Bench:
    RB - Jonathan Dwyer (PIT)
    WR - Stevie Johnson (BUF)
    WR - Chris Givins (STL)
    TE - Martellus Bennett (CHI)
    QB - Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
    WR - DeAndre Hopkins (HOU)

K - Garrett Hartley
    DEF - St. Louis

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Keller

The 12 Team TSO PPR league

[​IMG]

19. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

This time of the year is awesome for FF. Why? Because everyone, in their own mind, has the best team out there. Lol. Funny how no matter what team you come out of the draft with, you feel like you have the best team ever. Haha, gotta love FF.

Had my first draft this past weekend, pick 6 of 10. 1 PPR, QB 6pts per TD, Defense 15 pts for shutout 10 pts for 1-10, etc. Pretty much standard other than that. And you guessed it, I have the best team in the league ;):):

QB - Matthew Stafford
    RB - Lesean McCoy
    RB - Maurice Jones Drew
    WR - Brandon Marshall
    WR - Dwayne Bowe
    WR - Torrey Smith
    TE - Jordan Cameron
    DST - Seahawks
    K - Sebastian Janikowski

BE - RB Lamar Miller
    BE - RB Shane Vereen
    BE - RB Ronnie Hillman
    BE - WR Cecil Shorts
    BE - WR Kenbrell Thompkins
    BE - WR Brian Hartline
    BE - QB Sam Bradford

• Like Like x 1
  20. Keller

Super high on Stafford this year. Only guy with a question mark really is Miller. I'm confident that Miller can be a nice flex play but to rely on him as your #2RB is a bit risky I think. I'm high on Garcon this year as well as Fitz having a bounceback year, especially PPR wise. Hopefully you didn't spend to much to get Andre Johnson, I just see his role as continuing to diminish with his age.

Getting Gronk though you probably got him at an excellent bargain. Even if he only plays 12 games you'll have 12 games of an immense advantage at TE over pretty much any team outside of someone with Graham. Loved where he was going in drafts.

I like a lot of your bench players too. Joique has great upside because he's a complete back and fits more what Detroit likes to do as opposed to Leshoure. If Reggie gets hurt - and maybe even when healthy, I think Joique can have a role in that high powered offense. Stafford is going to throw the ball like 800 times this year, lol. Broyles has nice upside and Christine Michael is going to be the #2 behind Marshawn. Pierce has a good skillset and is an important handcuff but even so not as important of a handcuff as Tate. Jennings I'm not high on simply because of his QB. I just don't have a lot of faith in that offense outside of Peterson. I feel like Patterson will get the sort of screens and short yardage touches that made Harvin a great fantasy play last year.... and I don't know if you can say Patterson is a Harvin type player anyhow.

Good team all around but the RB depth is light, especially if Miller fails to really produce like a #2 RB and get you consistent points. You might want to try and trade one of those handcuffs or hope to get lucky and one of those guys gets hurt ahead of them.

21. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

image.jpg

image.jpg

10 team PPR. A lot of question marks, but a high ceiling IMO. Yahoo seemed to like it too, which I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Draft Grade: A-
    Top of the league! Nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall of Fame to prove you’re top of the world.
    When a bottom-half draft slot yields top-half results, that's the sign of a strong effort by the GM. Such was the case with Rice Rice Baby, which flipped its eighth overall pick into a projected fourth-place finish in wylie513 League (8-6-0, 1,777 points). Rice Rice Baby waited until the eighth round to secure their top quarterback, picking up Robert Griffin III with the 73rd overall selection. They have the highest-scoring set of WRs in the league, as they scooped up Calvin Johnson, Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, and Mike Williams for their rotation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  22. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

fuzzyl0gic I like your RB's. Forte and especially McCoy I think will have nice years. And I think Deangelo Williams, as long as J Stew remains sidelined, will have a big year as well. I'm not too big on Cam Newton at all this year. Still has no help, and if their saying he won't be running as much this year I don't think that bodes well for him fantasy wise. I like Vincent Jackson a lot as a WR. He's Freeman's go to guy and I think he'll put up 1100-1200 yards again this year. Outside of him, not too high on any of the others. I do like the pickup of Leveon Bell for when he does come back, and Jordan Cameron as a backup TE is nice. With SD's lack of playmakers on WR, if Gates gets doubled Cameron might end up being your starter. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  23. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

I am a big fan of this team. Nice draft. I like how you set yourself up with some handcuffs. If Foster, Rice, or Lynch goes down you're going to be in great shape.

24. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Yea, Gronk fell to me in the middle of the 5th and I had to take him. It screwed me over at backup RB since I missed out on Gio and Vereen by a few picks in the 6th and 7th. So I went handcuff heavy and hope one of them pays off.

I did take Andre a bit early but I like to go with consistency in the early rounds and I'm an AJ fan.

25. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Broyles sucked ass in the preseason, like total ass. But he may not be healthy yet? Joique will see time but I don't really see him scoring alot of fantasy points for Detroit. Reggie will bring home the cake.