Rate my fantasy team

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by DirtycashDylan, Aug 28, 2011.

1. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

picking 8th in a 12 team league

1. Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
    2. Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)
    3. LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)
    4. Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB)
    5. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)
    6. Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)
    7. Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
    8. New York (NYJ - DEF)
    9. Lance Moore (NO - WR)
    10. Braylon Edwards (SF - WR)
    11. Danny Amendola (StL - WR)
    12. Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
    13. Eddie Royal (Den - WR)
    14. Josh Brown (StL - K)
    15. Cam Newton (Car - QB)

2. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Mediocre.

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

1. Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) -- Will get his stats. With Stafford improving it'll only get better.
    2. Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR) -- With Steve Smith gone he may become the go to guy... wow, can't believe I just typed that
    3. LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB) -- His coach likes to run but I think teams will stack the box and make Freeman beat them.
    4. Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB) -- If Tebow starts, he will struggle. If Orton starts, he'll be decent.
    5. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE) -- Aaron Rodgers spreads the wealth. He'll get his but I don't see big numbers.
    6. Beanie Wells (Ari - RB) -- Pretty sure 'Zona will let Kolb throw the rock around.
    7. Eli Manning (NYG - QB) -- He certainly puts up the stats. Lets see if he can maintain that pace without much help on that side of the ball.
    8. New York (NYJ - DEF) -- They're good but the AFC has a lot of great offenses... I would of stuck with a NFC defense.
    9. Lance Moore (NO - WR) -- Brees will throw it to anybody... but I don't see him targeting him more than 3-4 times per game
    10. Braylon Edwards (SF - WR) -- He will certainly get some targets. If Crabtree manages to improve, Alex Smith may just 'work out' just enough for Edwards to salvage his rep
    11. Danny Amendola (StL - WR) -- I have no clue who he is.
    12. Ben Tate (Hou - RB) -- I know a Houston back put up some great numbers last year but I don't know if it was him.
    13. Eddie Royal (Den - WR) -- Orton is the key to his success
    14. Josh Brown (StL - K) -- Well, I do see them struggling in the red zone this year... I also see them not getting many opportunities to prove me wrong.
    15. Cam Newton (Car - QB) -- Wasted pick. He won't put up anything 'fantasy worthy'

My Grade: C+

4. Wick36

Amendola is the slot receiver for the Rams. He's a similar player to Wes Welker. He should be pretty good this year.

5. Wick36

I'll hijack your thread and post mine. ;) Also a 12 team league

1. (4) Ray Rice RB
    2. (21) Philip Rivers QB
    3. (28) Matt Forte RB
    4. (45) LeGarrette Blount RB
    5. (52) Matthew Stafford QB
    6. (69) Vernon Davis TE
    7. (76) Cedric Benson RB
    8. (93) Kenny Britt WR
    9. (100) Santana Moss WR
    10. (117) A.J. Green WR
    11. (124) Tim Hightower RB
    12. (141) Mike Thomas WR
    13. (148) Alex Henery K
    14. (165) Greg Little WR
    15. (172) Detroit DEF

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Some of your guys have known issues of pussitits.

I'll throw my shit out there too :) picked 1st in a 10 team league. Last night, with a bunch of TSO old fags.

1. Adrian Peterson RB
    2. Tom Brady QB
    3. Peyton Hillis RB
    4. BenJarvus Green-Ellis RB
    5. Santonio Holmes WR
    6. Mario Manningham WR
    7. Vernon Davis TE
    8. Pierre Thomas RB
    9. Marshawn Lynch RB
    10. Lance Moore WR
    11. James Jones WR
    12. Matt Cassel QB
    13. Michael Bush RB
    14. Dustin Keller TE
    15. Bears D/ST D/ST
    16. Matt Bryant K

7. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    y'all need to start posting settings and shit. Amendola in ppr may be huge, no ppr about useless know what im saying?! same with QB TDs and stuff

8. DirtycashDylan

Just finished up another draft with my pay league. Picking 7th of 12. Banking on Chris Johnson playing soon.

QB-Kolb
    -BN-Sanchez

RB-Chris Johnson
    RB-Forte
    RB(/WR)-Blount
    -BN-Brandon Jacobs
    -BN-Pierre Thomas
    -BN-Ben Tate

WR-Vincent Jackson
    WR-Mario Manningham
    -BN-Austin Collie
    -BN-Jacoby Ford

TE-Vernon Davis

K-Neil Rackers (Houston)

DEF-Philly

I realize my QBs aren't outstanding but I picked them up in rounds 14 and 15.

9. DirtycashDylan

That's the idea.

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG] at your backs besides LaGarrett...

Great you got Eli at 7 but what was at 2?

Moreno at 4!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Well I was in a very similar position as you 10/12 @JMustangs league and went about the same way.We both have Finley,Eli,NYJ,Amendola (went with Fitz and Roddy for WRs.

I do believe this is the right strategy for picking late especially with PPR and 4pts for QB TDs.I still don't know your settings,but on first look your team looks better suited for no PPR. Blount is the typical case he had like 10 catches or something the whole year.

Good:
    Your WR are obviously superb
    I am super high on Finley(which I took at 38) as I believe he will lead GB at targets in the RZ,and even possibly targets/receptions overall.There is of course some injury concern,but it's football,so if I have a chance to get a player with potential as high as his I'm going for it.

Bad: Honestly I don't like what you did at rounds 9-13.My main problem is( not counting byes and injurys) you won't start any of this WRs over Calvin and Hicks.In this situation in the later rounds I'll try to get as many sleepers I can put my hands on in the positions I'm weak(in your case RBs),and hope they'll be that guy who comes out of nowhere every year.That being said with what you have:

I like (as everyone else ) Amendola with Josh McD and PPR,although that YPR last year is scary.
    Lance Moore the more I read the more I get the feeling he might repeat his season from couple of years ago,so 80-900 is completely possible

Braylon and Royall don't care much about.For me there is only a slim chance they can return to their best seasons,and both of them are not in great situations.

Other:
    Eli is a very solid pick.I was going to take Freeman in the 8th after the turn,as the teams after me both picked up QB in the 1st 2 round.Unfortunately for me Kasper who autodrafted somehow got a 2nd QB,so Eli was the last option left.The problem with him is obviously interceptions,if he can cut them down he can be very strong play.

12. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Why Stafford in the 5th round dude?!!!That's way too high,unless it's a 2QB league

If that's PPR it looks super solid,especially if you ship Blount for a decent WR

Please tell me it's PPR,cause the more I look the more I like.Great job!

13. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Did you watch Foster getting injured Saturday,cause you are picking Tate left and right lol.I like this one better then your first,but once again what's the settings?!

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

@Nick -- Yeah, I think Cam is a wasted pick. They're going to dumb down the playbook so much its going to be pitiful to watch. Teams will stack the box 85% of the time versus Carolina and make Newton's arm, which still needs some work, beat them. I think he has tremendous upside but I don't think he'll be a force just yet.

And I play in a 16 team league and will post my team later. 16 team leagues is where its at... gotta do your homework for them :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The Stafford pick isn't that bad. If he has one more 'great' performance like the one versus the Patriots he'll be great trade bait. I wouldn't have picked him that high either but it could work out.

16. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    I guess I'll put mine

in Jmustang's league
    Picked 10/12 ESPN Trowing TDs 4pts,all other TDs 6, 1 PPR
    We have some bonus points for 100/200 rushing/receiving and 300/400 passing ( I think ) which I have no idea how it will play out.We also get pts,including negative for yards allowed by D/ST.

10 Roddy White, Atl WR
    15 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
    34 Jahvid Best, Det RB
    39 Jermichael Finley, GB TE
    58 Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
    63 Mark Ingram, NO RB
    82 Austin Collie, Ind WR
    87 Eli Manning, NYG QB
    106 Danny Amendola, StL WR
    111 Jerome Harrison, Det RB
    130 Jets D/ST D/ST
    135 Kyle Orton, Den QB
    154 Stephen Gostkowski, NE K
    159 Aaron Hernandez, NE TE
    178 LaRod Stephens-Howling, Ari RB
    183 Justin Forsett, Sea RB

Rounds 1-2 :picking at 10 I decided to go WR-WR as all the good RBs were gone,and with 1 PPR the top WRs will outperform a lot of them anyway.Trilled to get Roddy and Fitz there

Rounds 3-4:Best was my top choice( Bradshaw/Felix/Blount who I don't like in our format-the others).I know he's been injured,but I really liked Harrison as his back up,so I was happy there.Picking Best I knew I'd have to take Harrison at the 9th or 10th round ,which was pretty much his ESPN Ranking.

From there I was going to either get one of the other RBs or 1 of the top 4 TEs who get pretty much WRs numbers.Once Gates was gone a pick after me,I figured the chance of Felix Jones being available at 58,is better then Finley/Clark/Witten. I went with Finley,which some people saw as a reach compared to Clark/Witten.For me they are about the same and I like Finley the best

Rounds 5-6 : Time for some running backs. I made a mistake as I didn't see BJGE was still available.Ryan Matthews was also on the board,but I haven't seen anything from him last year to like.I know I defended Best being hurt,but even when RM was ok I wasn't impressed,plus Tolbert scares me a bit

Rounds 7-8 : Another mistake(well sort off).So far for most part my draft has gone the way I expected.I was to target Freeman as my QB except it went wrong by my fault.The 2 teams after me already have Vick and Brady as their QBs,so I decided I can take Freeman after the turn and pick a RB/WR.I picked Austin Collie (to whom I'm sending an extra padded hellmet).The 12th pick Casper is on autodraft and has it setup to get a QB,so I cry as he gets Freeman

I get Eli Manning instead and hope he'll cut the interceptions

Round 9-10 Adding depth.Amendola's name has been kicking around,so I have him planned for this round.Harrison is the obvious handcuff for Jahvid Best.

Rounds 11-12 I never pick a Defense this early,but As I mentioned we'll be getting/substracting points for D/ST yards allowed.Add to the fact this is 12 team league,I didn't think there will be enough good ones on the wire to stream.NYJ are the last left of the "stingy" ones.As a sworn Pats fan it hurts me to do this and I actually took the full 90 seconds to think before making the selection :).Orton was the last decent QB left

Rounds 13-14 Compensating for Green and NYJ,I pick the Pats kicker and TEs. I actually love Hernandes and think he will get a lot of looks this year

Rounds 15-16 Very slim pickings.With Ryan Williams done for the year LaRod is 2nd RB in ARI and can actually catch balls,so I'm taking a flier on him for now.Forsett I already dropped for Delone Carter

So there you have my team.I'm obviously stoked for my WRs.Health will be the key for my team :If healthy Best can be top 10 and Finley can put top 15 WR numbers.hopefully Ingram/Green will step up.Not too trilled with my QB,but 4pts for TDs minimalize it a little bit

17. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Agree on Newton.

Disagree on the 16 teamer.They are a crapshoot,unless played roto style,which is not fun for football.There is just too much variance on week-to-week bases when you are going that deep into the roasters.One injury can be devastating.where you pick in the draft plays a huge role etc etc

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

16 team leagues are fun!! The talent gets spread and it really makes you 'root for the little guy'. I love stats and 'big' leagues allow me to check everyone's stats and not 'star watch' all the time.

19. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Gonna have to dumb it waaaaayyyy down. Just saying.

20. Wick36

It's a 2 QB league where QBs are weighted pretty high.

21. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I did a 14 team non-PPR auction draft yesterday. This is probably the least happy I am with any team I have ever drafted (at least before the season starts). I spent a great deal of time researching this, including reading a very good article on ESPN about auction strategy. I then went on to follow none of the advice in that article and over spend on a position that I never spend money on (QB).

Here is my roster.
    Position - Starter/Reserve
    QB - A. Rodgers/K. Kolb
    RB1 - F. Gore/K. Hunter (more of a hand cuff)
    RB2 - K. Moreno/W. McGahee
    Flex - M. Tolbert/D. Sproles
    WR1 - Ca. Johnson/M. Williams (SEA)
    WR2 - J. Ford/Jac. Jones
    TE - J. Cook
    K - R. Bironas
    D/ST - Falcons

22. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

PPR League

Picked 6th in 12 man League

6. Ray Rice HB Balt
    19. Philip Rivers QB SD
    30. Reggie Wayne WR IND
    43. Jahvid Best HB Det
    54. Anquan Boldin WR Balt
    67. Marcedes Lewis TE Jax
    78. Lance Moore WR NO
    91. Eli Manning QB NYG
    102. James Jones WR GB
    115. Roy Williams WR Chi
    126. Bears D/ST
    139. Darren Sproles HB NO
    150. Arrelious Benn WR TB
    163. Lawrence Tynes K NYG
    174. Tony Moeaki TE KC
    187. Rams D/ST

23. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Surprised Ray Rice lasted to 6 in a PPR league. He and Best both should catch more than 50 passes this year so they are solid. Boldin and Wayne also have increased value in PPR so they were good pickups and I think Rivers is gonna be second best QB this year behind Rodgers.

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, I jumped all over Rice...could not BELIEVE I picked him up.

25. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

You better hope Best stays healthy though, since you have no real depth at RB. He is a bit injury proned and I don't think you want to play Sproles at HB #2 for an extended period of time. I am assuming you start at least 2 backs.