Ratings and Stars

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MSU124, Jun 17, 2010.

1. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Ratings and Stars

Looking at the ratings and stars, I'm not sure if C-USA and MAC are on the same level. About 3/4 of C-USA teams hare 3* and 70+ and only 1 team(Cent Michigan) is a 3*. Thoughts?

2. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm not sure what to think. I have always figured the Sun Belt to be the MAC's equal but it's up to the commish. I would like to go ahead and say that if we change from CUSA to the Sun Belt I claim dibs on Troy. lol

3. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Mid tenn st here.

4. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Only problem with Sun Belt is you don't have a CCG whereas you do with the MAC and CUSA.

5. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

That is true. CCG are fun

6. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

True, but the ACC has one and the Big Ten doesn't, and those are the 2 BCS conferences we're allowed to move up to once we qualify. I don't care what conference we use. I was just going along with the fact that the C-USA has a head start in prestige and ratings over the MAC.

7. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Agree. Just pointing that out. Not sure if change is in order.

8. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

I think if we were to change conferences, it would have to be CUSA and WAC/Mountain West, or MAC and Sunbelt/WAC. I think those are the best matchups of team caliber. Personally, growing up and living in BigTen and MAC country, I'd like to see us keep it as is. I would strongly advise against using the Sunbelt as there may only be 2 worthwhile teams in that whole conference, and I really don't want to play Dwight Dasher. The WAC could be interesting, but looking over the group, I don't see many West Coast guys here.

9. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

I just ran some stats from the youtube post with prelim dynasty ratings and here is what I came up with:

Conference_________Avg. Stars_________Avg. Overall
    C-USA______________2.25________________75.6
    MAC________________1.85________________68.1
    Sun Belt_____________1.11_______________ 67.8
    WAC________________2.11________________72.6

Based on this, C-USA and WAC seem to be better matched overall. Of course using the WAC would mean that we would have Boise thrown into the mix (5 stars, 93 ovr.), and they seem to be far superior to any other team in the mentioned conferences.

Just some food for thought. I don't know what the right decision is, and obviously it is the commish's decision

10. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

If we do decide to switch conferences, there should be a system for choosing teams, like random drawing order, or pick in order you signed up. So if someone doesnt check the board the hour we switch, they don't get screwed with a worse team.

11. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Hey guys.
    Sorry I'm just now responding to this; Just got off work.

You all make a good point here that the MAC and CUSA aren't equal according to preliminary ratings. Keep in mind though that Houston pushes that ranking up quite a bit.

In talking with another commish, I chose the MAC and CUSA because they both had Conference Championship games, and I wanted to have interesting battles for the Conference Championship games. I know the Big 10 doesn't have one, but I thought that the Big 10 was a good fit as the bump-up league for the MAC as:

1. Both being Midwestern leagues
    2. The tradition of MAC coaches becoming great Big 10 Coaches (Tons of coaches from Miami (OH) have gone on to be tremendous Big 10 coaches, and since building a Coach's legacy was the base behind the league, I thought it fit).
    3. There aren't a ton of non-premie Big 10 leagues on the site, and there are a bunch of Midwesterners here

I would really like to keep the MAC as one of our leagues.

On the other hand, if you all want to drop the CUSA and pick up another, I wouldn't mind that. There are several issues with the other conferences though:

1. The Sun Belt sucks and the difference between the CUSA and the MAC isn't as big as MAC to Sun Belt, IMO.
    2. The WAC doesn't have a championship game, and we'd have to blacklist Boise State, so I don't know how attractive that conference is without them.
    3. Changing the Feeder league to a West Coast team means the Big-time becomes the Pac 10, which I'm fine with as the champs of both leagues would play in the Rose Bowl and neither league has divisions (yet), but I'm not sure if others are okay with that. If we decide to go with the Sun Belt, our natural proximity league becomes the SEC, which might be more attractive to some people than the ACC.

If you guys would like to see a change, we could do that as long as we take a vote on it. I'd like to keep the MAC, and I'd be a little disappointed if our feeder leagues didn't have divisions, but if you all see Balance of Power as a bigger issue, I can definitely see your point.

I'll put up a poll with some options here in the next few minutes.

12. cuaacards

cuaacards Walk On

balance of power will change, my vote goes to keeping both as is

13. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

Agreed!

14. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Why not 3 confrences and feed into sec, acc, and big 10. 4 each.

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You guys should just all have to start with 1-2 star schools

16. MSU124

MSU124 Walk On

Or that.

17. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Nah. That'll kill the Conference races, and I really want to keep us in two conferences. It'll make the Conference season matter, and helps build rivalries.

18. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I would rather stay in conferences to start. That way nobody can dominate a certain league by defeating CPU teams all year long

19. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Nailed it. This is why we're staying in a small number of conferences. It also makes my job much easier as far as scheduling, and promotes the building of rivalries.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU MORS. THE REDHAWKS ARE COMING!

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I think MAC and Sun Belt is the way to go. Very even teams ratings wise and then we would truly be building up teams from scratch.