Ratings By Position - QB, RB, WR & TE

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by BlyGilmore, Aug 6, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Here are the complete ratings for QBs in Madden 13. I've stripped out ratings that don't apply, such as blocking, kicking and defensive ratings.

Also available here:
    Link

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  2. BlyGilmore

Eli - 96 Playaction and 96 Deep ball. Both appear to be the best in the game.

Yum.

What are the Jets going to do? Tebow vs. Sanchez is intriguing at 77 vs. 80 overall, and some of Tebow's ratings are insane for a QB (86 trucking, 97 ball carrier vision, 83 strength, 82 stiff arm).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  3. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

With those ratings for Tebow, I think I would start him and try to perform well and have a good season. With this new system, he could improve his throwing ratings drastically and turn into a pretty good passer possibly?

Peyton seemed to have taken a hit though...I know he missed a full season but he was still one of the best if not best in the game in real life. Guess I'm lucky he appears to be starting the season opener and not on the PUP list. Not sure what I would do then....Still, can't complain...hopefully he can give me 2 full seasons of production enough to get another franchise QB in the 1st draft.

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I will say that Mark Sanchez is our starter for the upcoming season. Now, barring any preseason injury or off the chart growth in the coming weeks, this will not change.

5. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Stafford looking good.

With receivers like Megatron, Young, Broyles and Burleson, and a good TE like Pettigrew, you guys are going to laugh at how much I run the ball.

6. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Looks like Flacco is very solid this year. Liking the 95 Throw Power. Should be able to go deep to Torrey Smith.

7. BlyGilmore

TLY Jets 2012 strategy ... go 4-12 this season and draft the best QB available to them.

8. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

...and trade that QB by mid-season to someone in desperate need, with the hopes you land something even better!

9. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

So shocked that Vick is an 89 especially after that horrid season he had, hopefully he redeems himself this season.

10. BlyGilmore

no mid-season trades ;-)

11. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Luck lookin great!

12. BlyGilmore

runningback ratings have been added to the spreadsheet above.

13. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I haven't kept up with all of the blogs, etc. - has "Potential" been stripped out of the game? And if so, what is progression based on in M13? I've heard performance, as well as scheme. That said, I also don't believe that AP will drop 8 points if the Vikings run a pass-heavy offense (please correct me if I'm wrong.) Does anyone know more about the logic behind progression this year. It has been my pet peeve the last couple of releases - really no rhyme or reason to who goes up and who goes down year to year...

Also, if there is a thread somewhere that discusses this at length, please point me there instead!!

Thanks,
    JSimms

14. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Side comment - this Viking roster is going to be HORRIBLE!! Worst starting QB in league in Ponder; extremely slow linebackers, etc. My only real goal for the first season - keep AP healthy and make a run at a rushing title...I could be in for my first losing season in Madden.

15. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

it is based on production and intangibles. The Ask me about CCM thread explains it all very well.

16. BlyGilmore

There is no more potential rating.

Instead they've added a few other things.

Production factors into a players overall. As players produce on the field, it increases and they get better. For rookies they made it sound like this starts at zero and goes up from there. So this is part of progression.

Players also receive points for achieving certain goals during the season. As coach you can then use these points to directly increase player ratings. (Coaches also have goals, get points and can unlock traits).

Players are also better in certain schemes. If your team matches that scheme it impacts their overall (so once things get rollling, teams are going to see different overalls for players they're drafting and free agents).

17. BlyGilmore

Wide receivers and tight ends added to the top thread.

18. CalebMackie

Newton at 89 is so overrated imo

19. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

No way Cam Newton is better than Jay Cutler. Of course, the physical ratings like speed inflate ratings a lot, and because QB awareness means nothing in a 32-user CCM, a lot of these overrated QBs are gonna succeed.

Also, Brandon Marshall's Trucking (85) is higher than Matt Forte's (78) lol. Not saying any should be higher or lower though cause Marshall has the highest trucking for a WR in the game with Anquan Bolden so it's all good haha...except for those puny DBs. :cool:

20. CalebMackie

Brandon is a beast after the catch but I do agree that it might be a little high lol; the Bears are gonna be a sick team this year for sure.

21. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Yeah man I'm hoping. Only things I'm not sure about are our DBs and our Wrs after Marshall.

22. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Wow, so after one year Cam Newton is a more accurate QB than Jay Cutler? Like, in almost every single important QB rating other than THP and Deep Accuracy? LMAO I usually don't care about ratings but I fail to see how his ratings are on par with vets like Big Ben and Tony Romo. And I think Cam is the future but...that's ridiculous.

23. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I can see why EA bought into the Cam Newton hype, I've done like 12 mock drafts and 2 real ones for fantasy football, and Cam is usually about 4th or 5th QB taken. Plus I hate Cutler. haha.