Ratings Lock

Discussion in 'Archive' started by DrunkenSoldier, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Just noticed this, i think it was recently added to the rules.

What if you havent even maxed out your golfer?
    Im assuming i can keep making him better till i'm up to my 240 total.

Looks like a good rule, so guys wont be changing there golfer ratings each week to adjust to different courses

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Correct - I thought I had put that part in there but I was wrong. I just added that... if you are under 240 you may continue to build your guy until he gets to the total allowed.

3. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Question...Are we allowed to modify our golfer from course to course or round to round? Of course staying under the 240 limit. But say if were at 60-60-60-60 and we shoot round 1 and realize the greens on a particular course are tough, before round 2 can we change to say 50-50-50-90?

4. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

5. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No, you cannot do that at all.

Read the clarification please.

If you were 60-60-60-60 and wanted to boost your putting, the most you could move it to would be something like this: 60-60-58-62 or something like that

This allows some variability from course to course for your golfer, but also avoids EXACTLY what you are asking to do.

6. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ok, glad i asked before i got close enough to finalize my guy. still around 40 in each category. thanks

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah, the point of this is to consider everything as a whole so that you can make MINOR adjustments, but are pretty much fully there.

8. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

- The maximum number of ratings points spread across all four ratings categories will be 240!
    .....- The maximum allowed per the game would be 400, or 100 in each category
    .....- You may have any combination in any individual category as long as the 240 maximum is not exceeded
    .....- If math isn't your thing, this means that you need to average 60 points per ratings category
    .....- These ratings limits must be held to even with ratings bonuses acquired by apparel! If you have a 3% apparel boost, make sure that you take some of the actual skill off so that you are not over the limit.

What's bolded is why I'm now confused. I can understand if what you have at the START of a tournament must be maintained throughout, but between tournaments we can't tweak our attributes? I ask because I know of several fairways throughout the courses we will play on the TGA Tour that tough to reach if we happen to get a stiff wind in the face -- so for those courses I was going to sacrifice something in order to boost my power.

9. niuhuskie224

niuhuskie224 Walk On

With all the talk of making this as close to real life (live weather vs. random) you cannot change period I would say.

Can a golfer in real life say, I am going to take skill from my putter so I can drive the ball an extra 50 yards? No. So why should this be any different.

If your golfer gets better, that is one thing (you start at 50's across the board and earn more XP) but I say once you have allotted points to a specific category it should stay in that category. No changing period.

10. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    Once your golfer tees off in any NON-EXHIBITION TGA Tour event, your attributes will be locked with that golfer, within a +/- 2 range in each of the four categories. This will be in place to ensure that no one DRASTICALLY changes the way their player is set up for one course vs. another course. The flight captains will be responsible for recording the four category totals for each player and this will be tracked.

You have until your attributes are "maxed out" (hit 240 total) before this will take effect. If you are playing with under 240, you may continue to build your player without having to lock in his attributes.

@Basis please clarify the +/- 2

11. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I think he kind of did already.....

12. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    i'm kind of lost cause the example he gave was with 60 across the board...

70-50-50-70 is allowed right? and then you can change it to say 68-52-50-70

13. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I have no problem with the rule. It makes sense, it's like when we start the tour, we are no longer created golfers, but "real life" ones. and as someone pointed out...Tiger couldn't say I need to putt better, and before the final round on Sunday, take 5 pts off his power and add it to his putting. We are who we create/make our guys be.

What I would suggest @Basis4aDay56 is anyone who is at the 240 mark right now...allow them to edit their guy between now and the 18th/Augusta. That way they have some leeway to make their golfer how they want before the tour officially starts. The guys under 240 pts (like me) have a few days to get there, and should be by the 18th. So that way we all can create our guys how we want...and when we tee off on the 1st hole of the Masters...we will be locked.

Should also prob create a thread or something so we can post our guys attirbutes how we are going to "lock" them at.

14. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I believe that is correct

15. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yes

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We shouldnt be able to change them at all, you dont magically start driving shorter one day and putting better the next smh

17. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'll bet Rory (driving) and Tiger (putting) would disagree with that statement, lol

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

wrong. You have off days, you dont magically increase and decrease in skill based on what YOU want to change. Its a video game, so you are changing variables that you could not change in real life, especially DECREASING them.

19. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I agree, I was making a joke.

Anyway, as a flight captain, I'd prefer less book keeping, so static attributes +/- 2 is perfect.

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That is more so the reason, believe me... I'm not even going to get into it.

21. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Hell, hoss, no reason to get into it, it is the way it is. I like the challenge of the cap, will make for some good, challenging golf.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Really without getting more into it, it is to keep flight captain's responsibilities to a minimum. That's it!

Cheers!

23. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Shall we just post then each round everyone's attributes?

@Basis4aDay56 ?

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No - the flight captain will have to check each time, but they will know the range.

25. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

BUMP

I haven't had any sent in recently... make sure you are doing this and checking everyone's ratings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.