Ratings vs. Abilities

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by mooseboyj, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Saw this elsewhere and wondered what TSO thought. Whats the difference between 85 and 99 man coverage? There is no real difference. I can guard Desean Jackson with Revis just the same as I can with Brandon Burton. I know cause I do it. Lot cheaper on the salary cap. Difficulty was All-Pro. I think they should bring back the Shutdown Corner abilities and such. You know for QBs give them Cannons(Rodgers) and give them Laser Arms(Peyton Manning). Give speed backs(CJ2k) and power backs(Green-Ellis). i think it brings back a whole new aspect to the game like back in Madden 08.

2. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Those "abilities" didn't do anything. They were just annoying icons to let uniformed gamers know what the players were good at.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

A) I hated that, it was really arcadey to me. Like MM pointed out above, they didn't do anything.

B) I couldn't disagree more about man coverage. I'll trade you Burton for Revis any day of the week.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I played with Revis last year, and when he got injured I could really tell the difference without him out there. A lot of people look at the ratings like their rpg stats, so they feel like a guy with a 99 man coverage rating should never get beat. As good as he is in real life and in Madden, Revis (and anybody else) won't make every play. There's also many other factors involved such as the play called for both sides, the time the qb has, and user ability. If the Madden ratings were absolute and determined everything that happens on a play, there would be no use in us holding the controller.

5. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Definitely wouldn't call BJGE a power back but I feel you, but I believe they cut it for sim reasons.

6. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

no need for those icons.. just need infinity engine

7. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

honestly this isn't anything new. Madden has really always had a problem getting the stars to stand out compared to the good to great player. It sounds like this year "production" is really going to be the stat that kind of drives this - taking a player who's got similar ratings as a peer but making him perform that much better on the field.