Ravens D stops Saints 17-16

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by coachmimz20, Feb 24, 2013.

1. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

Nov 21, 2010
    It was the Ravens defense that made the two biggest plays of the day. Coming into a 2 game losing streak and then a bye gave them alot of time to think.

Unfortunately the Saints came out moving the football down the field until he attempted a pass for Graham which was picked off by Jameel McClain and taken back 75 yards for the first score of the game.

The Saints would score the next 10 points, but with 17 seconds left the Ravens hit 2 20+ yard completions to end the half with a field goal and a tie.

Going into the 3rd quarter the Ravens moved the ball down the field only to miss a 48 yard field goal, what was a defensive battle from the beginning. The 3rd quarter saw 0 points. However Ray Rice took a 2 yard run for a score to give the Ravens a 17-10 lead early into the 4th.

With 33 seconds left the Saints scored and decided to go for two, instead of a draw that would send the game to over time. Out of the shotgun they attemped an inside handoff which was snuffed out by a blitzing secondary as the saints were hit in the backfield for a loss of 1 and the loss on the game.

• Like Like x 6

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    wow, what an ending! nice win Kris. thx for the recap.
  3. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Jul 22, 2010
    Bold choice to go for the 2! Nice stop and recap!
  4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

May 9, 2010
    Nice defensive game Kris. I felt if I didn't go for 2 that I wasn't going to win so I'm not looking back as that being the play that cost me the game.

Congrats on the win.
    • Like Like x 1