Ravens defense continue strong start in win over Cleveland

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by guitarDADDY1208, Nov 12, 2014.

1. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Steve Smith Sr. torched the defense on this 58 yard TD catch!
    The Ravens played poor host to the visiting Cleveland Browns as they came away with a 23-6 victory improving to 3-0 (2-0 AFC North) on the young season. The Ravens coming off their miraculous win in week 2 over the Bengals needed to make a statement before beginning a grueling five game road trip. The Browns were looking to bounce back after suffering a loss to the Bills. Offensively the Ravens did not perform as well against a tough Cleveland defense as they had the previous two weeks. QB Joe Flacco only managed to go 8/15 passing with 192 yards and 2 TD and the Browns defense held HB Bernard Pierce to only 50 yards on 18 carries. The real story of this game as well as the key factor in the Ravens 3-0 start has been the play of their defense. Rookie DE Jeffery Myers led the way getting to the QB three times. Browns QB Johnny Manziel had a tough time against the stingy Ravens defense throwing 3 INTs and getting sacked 8 times.

The Browns will play host to the Indianapolis Colts in week 4 as the Ravens travel to Kansas City to take on the Chiefs.

Good Game as always LtJustice looking forward to round 2 at The Dawg Pound in Week 14

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Just keep in mind that terms like "dominate" and "blowout" should be used sparingly. While I'm sure Jim has some tough skin and can handle it like a big boy; sometimes it can be seen as beating your chest or kicking an opponent while they're down. By no means do I want to take away from your win and your recent team success as you have earned that right to self promote your team. However, be careful not to toe the line between respecting your opponent and mocking them. I don't believe that was your intent here nor do I think Jim will be harmed by your recap, but I want to make sure you (and anyone else who reads this) understand the importance of keeping our recaps objective. Nice win and continue to use that momentum on the road!

3. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

After reading over it again I saw how only a single word and the title could lead someone to view it that way so in respect to both the league and Jim I did a little revising it didn't need much.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Thx Michael! (y)