Ravens GM Questions Coach Ability to Win Big Games

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by coachmimz20, Jan 21, 2013.

1. coachmimz20

coachmimz20 Walk On

If a loss was not enough, Ravens GM, B. Raven questioned Baltimore head coach Kris Mims ability to win in the playoffs. "Two years in a row a first round bye, and for two years in a row a loss on last second field goals after having a lead in the 4th quarter".. Ouch....He would later add " You have to wonder the toughness and mentality of a football team who can't finish games in December and January"

Despite winning the AFC North 2 times in a row (outside of a the strike shortened CPU year) and compiling a 10-2 division record over that time, Baltimore has lost in the Divisional round 2 straight years. Nobody can question the big play ability of the Defense which ranked in the top 5 again for a second straight year.

The GM even went to great lengths to consider putting Mims on a sabbatical for the next two years delegating his duties to salary cap guru C. PeeYou. Mims was not happy with the decision, or suggestion. "We won 23 games during the regular season over the last two years, did we accomplish our goal? Absolutely not, however there has been coaches of much better caliber to come up far shorter than what we have done here in Baltimore." he would add, "However, if they dont want me I will be out of a job for what.. 5 minutes?! I can go coach my first passion, baseball"

The saga will continue as it looks like the front office will make the move for the next two seasons. It was also noted that Mims will relinquish his Defensive Coordinator duties and bring in former Raven great, Ray Lewis to run the defense. It has also been stated the offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell has been resigned for 2 more years.

manteca.jpg
    ** Head Coach Kris Mims, seen a few hours after his loss to the ravens attending his sons baseball game. Speculation runs rampid, does he switch professions?**

• Like Like x 4