Ravens looking to get rid of 94 OVR LG for a draft pick

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by fuzzyl0gic, Feb 2, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I need to free up some cap space this season, so I want to trade LG Ben Grubs for a round 1 draft pick. This is the last year of his contract, and he gets 12. Any takers?

@Keller
    Is this a sane trade? I'd be willing to trade with the CPU as well.

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Sold [​IMG]

Browns 1st Round Pick

for

Ben Grubbs

@fuzzyl0gic

3. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

fuzzy, u can get a lot more for grubbs than a 1st rounder.

4. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

But with the salary cap hell the Ravens are in at the moment. So he gets a lot of value by sending Grubbs out, he gets rid of that 12 salary and gets a first round pick out of it, and doesnt have to take any salary back but if your serious about trading him fuzzy talk to me we can definitely work something out and the 1st round pick for Grubbs isn't enough well we can work something out.

@fuzzyl0gic

5. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I know his cap situation, but does he need cap room that bad that he would be trading one of the best OL in the game? If he is gearing up for free agency, there is no better player or group of players worth $12 than Grubbs. Grubbs hauls a 1st rounder, a 2nd rounder, and an above average, B pot player

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

At almost 30 years old, no one will pay that. Absolutely not. You wouldn't get that for a top of the line CB like Revis at that age, or even for Joe Haden who is a top flight CB or even for a top of the line WR like Larry Fitzgerald. That is astronomical.

7. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

kdpnutter- your O line is going to be nasty! You already outbid me for the LT in FA.

CT

8. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Yeah, O-line was the priority of my offseason, along with LB and really got that done. Working on some offensive fire power now. With trading away my draft picks, free agency this season is a big deal to me.