Ravens vs Bengals (Not your typical write up)

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by guitarDADDY1208, Feb 9, 2015.

1. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

Jul 12, 2013
    This is not your normal write up nor do I intend for it to be. Instead I will only say that the Ravens got the win but at a very high cost. I am fully aware of the rules of the league in regards to 4th down rules. I did however fail to realize that they applied not only to regulation but to over time as well. On 4th and inches from my 37 yard line i chose to go for it in a 3-3 tie game. My thinking was that it would be ok given the high cost of the risks involved in that situation. Had I been stopped my opponent would be in FG range and the game would have been over, or if I punted all he would need is a FG to win rather than a TD that I needed since I got the ball to begin the OT period. After extensive talks with Jim - LtJustice and Doug - CHUNKNESS I have been corrected an now know that it was a violation of league rules and action has been taken in the form of a 4 game player suspension of both my best offensive and defensive players so starting in week 10 both QB Sergio Murray and MLB Kam Chancellor will be removed from my depth charts able to return in week 14.

Now given the fact that this was a division game and I play the Bengals again in week 16 I am taking it upon myself to add an additional one game suspension to those players when my team travels to Cincinnati. The old saying about what happens when you ASSUME holds true in this very case. I made an ass out of myself for even thinking that my actions would be ok and for that I apologize to everyone in QSF.

As for my opponent Avery - AveryB my error in judgement led to me getting a win that I did not deserve and unfortunately there is no way to take it back. All I can do is offer up my apologies for stealing a victory from you. Trust me when I say that since last night when I was told in fact by Doug that I broke the rules in that play call I have felt nothing but remorse for my actions. All I can truly say is that it was a mistake on my part and for that I am deeply sorry! I am grateful that my violation did not end up in a dismissal from the league and am happy to comply to the player suspensions but the suspensions end before our next meeting so out of respect for you I am imposing the extra game suspension on my players to include that game. Other than giving my apology it is the only thing I can think of to do in this situation. AveryB I hope that you can forgive me for being a dumbass.
    • Like Like x 7