Ray Rice

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

BobJr
    AzureEffect

wtf is going on?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Bob cut him to pick up Deangelo Williams. Then Azure effect picked him up

3. Keller

I don't think that's really the fairest of things to happen. Most people probably had no idea that he was even cut.

Don't you think it would be more appropriate to have an actual FA bid period on a player like that?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Emmdotfrisk

I think its fair to have all players at FA bid, regardless if they are 50 ovr or 90 ovr

5. Keller

We generally open things up to first come first serve, that way the system is more responsive and doesn't require someone opening and closing and processing every 24hours.

That said, player like Rice aren't normally just dropped into Free Agency either.

6. Emmdotfrisk

yeah, there is some pros and cons to both processes.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Anyone over 75ovr should go through waiver process and be there for 24hrs. team with worst record gets bid

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keller

Our tools aren't that granular. Its either FA bidding process or open season. Thats it.

9. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Well Williams was cut; and it wasnt a bidding period as that was locked. If it was LenDale White then it wouldnt be a problem. He saw an opportunity to get DeAngelo Williams and his backfield was stocked so he cut the "slower" Ray Rice...I picked him up and paid the appropriate amount as stated by the 84 OVR and better rule.

If you would like to remove him from my team AND credit me back Chris Kuper 85 OVR G who I cut and my 9 million cap space back; I wont be upset but I did nothing wrong in this matter. Like I stated; just restore what was there before I picked him up and you can feel free to have somebody overpay for him in another Free Agency bidding.

10. NDCOLTS1979

then you have to leave it open. with the injuries that happen it would be a bunch of bs to have to wait for it to close to add the guy especially if he is needed the next week

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keller

I wasn't accusing you of any wrong doing. Just trying to be fair to other owners who may have been interested in Rice - or Kuper for that matter.

12. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

If I dont have Rice then Kuper is not available as I cut him to help with the rule of Signing an 84 ovr or better player. Im fine either way as long as my stipulation is met because this was a chain reaction.

Williams Cut - Ray Rice Cut - Williams signed - Kuper cut - Ray Rice signed.

In that process I had 4 mill free space before Kuper was cut; freed it up to 9 mill to sign Ray Rice.

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Waiver process would be easy, you have a period for everyone to silent bid then lowest team gets him and his contract

14. NDCOLTS1979

Thats what we do in HK. we have a place where we put our bid in on someone then lowest team gets him and makes the player an offer then hes on team. No real iq needed plain simple and gives everyone the chance to grab FA

15. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Hmmmmmmmmmm :eek:

16. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I tried trading ray rice.. No takers. So after the season started I signed deangelo and cut rice, did I do something wrong here?

17. NDCOLTS1979

no you didnt.

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I woulda bid on Deangelo but the 24 hour bid process got cut off at 18 hours. I went to drop a bid and saw it was closed

19. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I would have put in a trade offer to Ray Rice, never saw him on a trade block, and as for DeAngelo, I went to sign him in FA and saw Ray Rice cut and DeAngelo signed, and wondered the same, wtf, we should bid on a player like that, kinda like MLB's system for foreign players, best bid wins the player.

I mean it didn't matter against me to face DeAngelo because he ran for like -11 yards on 9 carries, but still I would have liked a chance at either Williams or Ray Rice. I have Chris Kuper and I have no problem giving him back to the Titans and getting the credit back on it in order to put in a bid for Ray Rice.

20. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Free agency has always been first come first serve after the bidding period.

• Like Like x 1
  21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Have we ever had a Ray Rice type player cut after FA has been over?

22. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

No but we cant control when a owner wants to cut a guy. We cant just go by a certain rule for a year then all of sudden change it because we throw another variable into the situation that's a rare occasion.

23. Emmdotfrisk

MLB uses a waiver wire system which Kelle said was granular and unacceptable.

24. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Which of course we use in HK. Lol

25. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    As I stated I tried to bid. It wad closed early, so what was I to do?