Information RB Ratings

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Big Suge Knight, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    MJD #1 is questionable for me. I'd take Rice or Peterson over him. He had a best of a year but it's all volume based. Thoughts?

2. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

No problems with MJD as #1. You could make a case that Peterson, McCoy, Forte, and Rice could have number 1 too. I was surprised that Marshawn Lynch didnt crack the top 10.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lynch isn't special to me. Everyone on the list is special, except Turner I guess.

4. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG]
    The Vikings agree with the ratings! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

I think MJD should be rated the highest of all the backs he earned it. Over 1600 rush yards with 0 threat of a passing game. Should only get better

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

...says the guy with MJD as his avatar :rolleyes:

I'd change a few things:

1. Peterson
    2. Foster
    3. Jackson
    4. MJD
    5. Rice
    6. Forte
    7. McCoy
    8. Gore
    9. Turner
    10. Charles

7. LSUTRUTH

Lol it is like that because I'm the jaguars lol

However I do believe that Steven Jackson has lost a step or two. And I also believe MJD can do more than ray rice. I would of put AP first MJD second. However with Peterson coming off a major injury that could put that in doubt

8. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

How long have you been a Rams fan?

9. I Peench

Have no opinion on the Rams one way or the other.

People forget Jackson got hurt against the Eagles and missed some time last season. Also, Jacksonville's offensive line is very underrated. Far superior to St Louis'.

10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    You do realize that as of right now the Jags are missing 2/5 of their O-line and are questionable to be in place by the first week....

11. LSUTRUTH

You do realize that the Jags OL was hurt all season. Their pro bowl TE was awful last season. The WR core was one of the worst in the NFL. Just saying he does more with less. At least the Rams have a qb of the future. And some decent WR. People forget about Brandon Lloyd and how underrated he is.

12. I Peench

Which has absolutely nothing to do with rankings, seeing as at didn't effect MJDs production last year (outside of Britten). Meester and Monroe are superior to any offensive linemen the Rams have. I'm not knockin MJD, just saying Jackson is ridiculously underrated.

13. I Peench

Uh...outside of Britten, who was hurt? That banged up OL is SUPERIOR to the Rams.

Just double checked, 4/5 of their OL was healthy almost the entire season.

14. LSUTRUTH

Considering Monroe was hurt last season as well and the Jags actually graded as an average run block team all the more supporting the notion that MJD did more with less

15. LSUTRUTH

Missing games doesn't always mean you aren't hurt. Just ask Jake Long. You could clearly tell his injuries had affected him. Same with Monroe. Mester is old.

I'm sorry the rams line consisted of a number 2 overall pick. A former pro bowler in Jason brown as well as rodger staffold( hurt last season) bell was pretty solid as well.

16. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    they did sign blackmon today btw LSU....Still sounds like the team has a case of the drops in the end zone based on teh scrimmage on Friday

17. I Peench

Where are you seeing this? Monroe played in 15 games and started 14..

Saffold and Smith were hurt for the Rams as well. Smith was hurt essentially the entire season. I believe their C and LG were hurt off and on as well, so they only had Dahl there consistently.

18. LSUTRUTH

About time. Robinson has been banged up. And mike thomas has been struggling big time.

19. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    i started 14 and played maybe a 1/3 of those games he started. It was all over sports radio in Jacksonville.

20. LSUTRUTH

Like I said Monroe was banged up as was the whole group. I'm only like 45 minutes south of Jacksonville you get the jags on tv all the time.

21. I Peench

Ah I see

I will entertain the argument that MJD is better than Steven Jackson all day long LSUTRUTH. But the offensive line argument is absolutely garbage. QB obviously goes to STL, even though Bradford missed a lot of time. Lloyd was acquired in October, but outside of that no team had any receivers.

And it doesn't matter much they were banged up, but played. The STL offensive line was still substantially worse, as were their injuries.

22. LSUTRUTH

And who is Danny amendola or mark Clayton? Plus Lloyd are all better than any WR who played a down in a jags uni. I don't think the OL difference is as big as you think. Like I said the jags OL was banged up last season.

23. I Peench

Clayton played in one game then was hurt. Amendola was out with a torn tricep. Plus if you want to use the injury effects performance argument, Jackson was hurt with that hamstring all season.

C'mon LSU, at least do some research before you argue! I did mine, couldn't account for "playing through injuries," so I concede that.

I'm done :p

24. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Can't wait for the rest of the RB's to come out , need to see where my Denver backs are. Hope they did not play me :(

25. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Kind of surprised Fred Jackson didn't make the list at all. I think I'd slot him in there around 8 or 9. Maybe his injury last year is what really took him down. As far as I'm concerned though, no one runs with more heart than Freddy - at least not currently.

Some facts to back it up.
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/01/three-years-of-the-elusive-rating/

I think talent wise the clear cut #1 is Peterson. There is no one in the NFL that can match his skillset. As far as rating go though there are a lot of factors like production and such so I understand if he gets moved down a bit. If I had to take 1 guy though, I'm taking him.