Re-vote

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Sep 27, 2009.

?

Should we allow chew clock?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Re-vote

It was brought to my attention that chew clock would provide a disadvantage for the defense. It would not allow the defense to properly make an audible which is one of our rules. I want you guys to re-think and re-vote. I am still voting yes because I myself will be manually running the clock against a user. Taking my time to pick the right play which you should be able to do. Assessing the defense and making audibles. Not rushing my offense and keeping the opponent off the field which is reality.

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

If you had voted before and are mad that you are having to do it again, dont be mad at controllerabuser.. Be mad at me.. Here was the example I gave to controller to prompt re-thinking in your guys votes..

If you are on defense, and a guy has chew clock on, you ultimately have 10 seconds or less before the guy snaps the ball.. That being said, if you come out in a zone defense, and the other guys comes out in trips left, you will most likely wish to audible to man up on that heavy side..

Our rules state that if the defense is to call an audible, the offense cannot snap the ball until the defense has set. But with chew clock on, there is not adequate time for you to audible your defense and the guy the wait on you, so either you dont audible, or the offense snaps the ball while you are still moving guys around..

So please keep that type of situation in mind and revote on this poll.. Let me know if you have any questions

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Ok are we voting on wether we can manually run the clock down or are we voting on turning chew clock on?

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

The vote is for allowing chew clock the whole game.. You are allowed to manually wind the clock down in any situation..

5. controllerabuser

With 8 minutes set for our time, you can manually run the clock.

It is chew clock that is to be used for anytime. That is what the vote is for.

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

How about not allow chew clock option, but allow users to take their time and manually run the clock down. This gives the defense time to audible and adjust, ect.

7. controllerabuser

Right, but i don't want people to let the scores get out of hand.

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Well im all for it. Good ball control offense is a common strat used in all of football.

9. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Good point Hack I hadn't thought of that one. I think it's clear now that chew the clock shouldn't be used. But the option of trying to control the clock can be your choice as a coach. So you can still decide to try to keep the other offense off the field but it does not effect other rules in the league.

This is kind of a slippery slope we are on. How far are we going to go over one possible rule change. Do we let one possible rule change, change the entire way the league is formed. Do we put in rules that you have to snap the ball by a certain point on the clock like 5 seconds. Because I think we all agree it should not be abused to run the clock down to 1 second before every play.

10. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

I'm pretty sure the max amount of time you get is 12-13 seconds. That's is from the time you leave the huddle so you need to get your players into position to snap the ball. By the time they get to the line you will have about 8 seconds to snap. If the defense comes out in defense and does not like what they see with your set and want to audible they would not be set in time for you to snap the ball. So you either run out of clock or break one of the original rules of the league.

11. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Buckeye i'm just browsing some forums while i'm watching NFL football so i'm not on my PS3.

12. controllerabuser

Ahh, I am watching my damn Vikings getting beat by 1 after dominating the forty whiners. I to think you have adequate time to audible. You hit two buttons to audible. In my eyes it takes 2-3 seconds. Every play I hit the button to view the play from up top. I make my adjustments very quickly if need be.

13. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The thing is the offense is at line with approx 7 seconds left on playclock. Offense leaves huddle with 11-12 sec left on clock.

If they make a slight adjustment the defense really doesn't have time at all.

I use chew clock a lot in blowouts, that's what I see.

Someone can confirm that though

14. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Yup so lets say you break your huddle and get up to the line at 7 seconds on the clock. Then your opponent decides they want to change the defense they are in to better combat what you lined up in. Lets say we give that players 3-5 seconds to see what you lineup in, react to that and hit audible and select which audible they want to go into. That gives the defense 2-3 seconds before the play clock runs out to change from one defense to another defense and to come set. The defense would still be in mid change if the player snaps the ball which is against the rules.

15. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

depending on play you call in offense, you barely have enough time to get player in motion, whether manual or auto.

16. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Yeah if your in a power o type play that the TE or FB needs to motion to the other side of the line it's really hard. Or the crack back blocks with the WR's.

17. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Esp with teams like WKU which have slower players and poor awr, the guy usually doesn't finish the motion

18. Chiang-Shih

Chiang-Shih Banned

Is everyone reading the entire thread and all the cons this idea brings? I really can't see how 5 people once again agreed to this with how many negative points that have been brought up by multiple people. So if someone doesn't like that your running the clock down they can just audible a few times and bang it's 2nd and 20 for you.

19. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I voted no. Reasoning: I am always working the clock to around 12-15 seconds with play selection anyway. My play selection has become incredibly varied since going away from ask corso on 09. By the time I break the huddle and come set, there is usually 10-13 seconds on clock. I let defense get set, then run my play. It allows for defense to audible, auto-motion plays to run, and any changes I feel I need. Just the play style now. Very rarely do I feel rushed in my routine.

Mike