READ - CAP MAXIMUMS

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

READ - CAP MAXIMUMS

Okay, with the bidding wars in full swing, this is a vitally important thing:

You MUST BE under the cap of 350 BEFORE you can play your week 1 game, or any game. You must also be at 53 players before you can play your week 1 game, or any game.

After the draft, you will have a few days to get cap books in order for the new season. This includes signing draft picks, cutting players to make room for rookies, and what not.

If, after that "dead time" (unknown at this point how long), you cannot get under cap, the board will begin modifying your roster to put you under cap. Be advised, we will not be merciful at this time and will cut wherever we have to to get you under cap AND maintain roster minimums.

If, after this step, we (and you) cannot get you below the cap AND maintain a 53 man roster, then you will be excused from ownership.

This goes for any owner. Board members are not excluded from this treatment.

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

OK winny, i need some questions answered, i see that when we draft people it will boot ppl to make room for the rookies. I didnt drop anyone besides the 3 required. Would you like me to do it now so they can go into free agency and be bid upon? or wait till closer to sunday(draft day). Most all will be scrubs and i doubt they will be missed in the FA period. Also what is the max ppl on a roster? 54? Will help when deciding how many to drop.
    Also i see you said cant bid past 350, the maximum, but i thought nate said that owners have until week 1 to be under the cap and till week 2 to be at 53 players. Has that changed? I didnt see it in the rules page when i just checked. Im not even close to the max cap but lets say i bid on someone and win but my cap is now at 351, is that bid null and void or do i have till week 1 to get under the cap?
    Somebody is going to mess up and the second highest bid will win, then that person, thinking they lost that bid, will bid higher on someone else to fill a hole and then all of a sudden they have won 2 ppl at the same position and are over the cap. Do you get what im saying.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

gotcha ox,
    I would suggest dropping your scrubs now..that way win can update your cap book.
    55 players is Maddens max players
    As long as you are within the cap rules when you play your game you are fine. You can have 350+ cap points on your roster at any time BUT you must be at or below 350 before you can play any game.
    I am not 100% sure if the league rules allow you till week 2 to get to minimum of 53. that might have been just for year 1

4. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Winny just said in that thread that you are not to go above 350 PERIOD

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

which irritates me because they are already ppl OVER the cap and they were signing all these players I WANTED. Board members are already over. Not to mention these teams still have to sign rookies

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

What I meant by that post is very clear. Don't go over the cap. I apologize if bids are going crazy (believe me I was going to bid on Braylon Edwards until it zoomed past 30, and I spent more than I wanted on Bryant and Goodman by a long ways), but those owners will feel the crunch when they do not get any draft choices because they have no points to spend.

All in all, it stinks for guys like us that are trying to desperately improve, but if a person overspends their cap, they either cut cap space or the league will cut the owner if, between the owner and board, we cannot get a team below the cap.

Make more sense Ox? Good cap managers will be rewarded eventually, trust me.

7. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Somebody is going to mess up and the second highest bid will win, then that person, thinking they lost that bid, will bid higher on someone else to fill a hole and then all of a sudden they have won 2 ppl at the same position and are over the cap.

what happenes then.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

There is no retraction of bids. So if a person oversigns, they may end up cutting a player they just signed, paying a premium for that mistake, and have to replace them with a scrub.

We are forcing all signings of players as a board. So if someone goes over the cap, we as a board are fully prepared to take that team and dissect them to the core if we have to. And if we as a board cannot fix the problem, then we take care of the head of the problem - the owner.

9. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Ok so what you are saying is that you CAN go over the cap but need to be below it before the first game?

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

......yes, sort of. Essentially, we are in week 1 now. So, after the draft, if you draft players but are close to the cap max, you can only sign what you have cap space for. If you have no cap space, then any draft picks you make are wasted, as you cannot sign them if you go over the cap with the signing.

Does that make sense?

11. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Yes but waiting to say that after a day of FA makes no sense at all, it seems you made alot of work for yourself and the board members becuase what are you going to do? Just skip them, probably not, they will draft ppl, then you will have to update you books with who they actually signed and who they didnt, and then the ppl they didnt sign will go to FA and be signed by someone else. It seems you will have to update your books many times when you can just wait till week 1, actually week 1, this is still the offseason my friend. I didnt know week 1 started before the draft. lol damn it im gonna find your AOL we are talking on two different threads.

12. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Well, after some collaboration, I have realized that the wording is rather poor. I will correct the post accordingly.

13. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

oh and BTW, NFL teams draft the RIGHTS to a player, if they cant sign them oh well, they still own them and they cannot play for another team until the rights are traded. Dont you remember the crabtree fiasco. Only if they are not signed for one whole season, then they are eligble for the draft AGAIN. but this time they cannot go to pre draft combines because their rights are still owned by the original team. You hear of soccer players being sold for 100 millions dollars. Thats just for the RIGHTS to the player, then the team accually has to pay the player on top of the 100 million paid to the other team who use to own him, way off topic but just insight on drafts and financing. lol

14. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Modified the original post. Hopefully this will clear up any worries and go step by step through our process.

15. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

THATS 100 PERCENT BETTER WORDING, THANKS WINNY

16. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

ok. couple of things here. The getting under after week 1 was for season one. You can go over, but before you play your week one game you MUST BE UNDER 350. You also have plenty of time to get to 53 players, so you not only have to be under 350 but also at 53 BEFORE you play week 1.

also, i know how the NFL handles rookies, but we aren't doing that here. If a rook isnt signed before week 1 then they become a free agent in week 2.

If a owner signs a player they can't afford, then they are forced to do as many cuts as they need to get under the cap. If this will destroy their team then they can cut the player, but they will still take a HUGE cap hit for the season.

any other questions?