read last post, do not read into anything else though

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Jul 24, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

read last post, do not read into anything else though

This is going to be added to the rules if that is okay with anyone...

Does anyone have a problem with this? For the guys who have already have restarts..this doesnt apply till week 2.

Also, I realize at some point you may be penalized even though you are innocent, but I feel this needs to be in place for a while until I get a feel for everything.

2. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Sounds fair to me.

3. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

That sounds ok - I think that if we do have to restard but have it taped or webcammed and it shows that we really weren't getting beat or something than we will be deemed innocent?

Just thinking that the proof may be in the pudding :)

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

So my restart because of my faulty 360 in which I have to send back to get repaired is strike 1 and now everytime I log on I have a chance of losing 5 hrs of recruiting. Again I think we have a good group of guys, guys who I hope would play on the up and up. I think 5 hrs is excessive MHO I agree with a penalty but 5 Hrs how bout 2.5 hrs on 2nd offense and then 5hrs on third. We should be able to police ourselves. This is a community of Sim players I am here for the enjoyment of playing win or lose with guys who play and like the game as much as I do.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

york...it clearly says that that is not the case.

and that the rule wouldnt take place until week 2...

the question is simply having a rule or not. It's up to you guys...it would be awesome if there wasn't a single person that wasnt tempted to restart their game just because their best play got injured for an entire season. but that just ins't the case is it.

I can deal with people case by case, but I don't want to hear any complaining on my judgements...that's why I think there should be just a flat out rule. If you have to restart your game more than once...you get docked some time...

like i said...this is up for debate

6. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Sorry Murk I didn't read the whole post about starting in week two. I still think that what I posted can happen and this is why I say no rule. I think that to punish people for faulty equipment sucks. I like dealing with it on a case by case basis. To make a rule about something that can involve my system working correctly or say a power surge or my internet going down or my kid falling and having to take him to the emergency room. Habitual offenders need to be dealt with and I have faith in you making the right call. NO RULE!!

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'm sure everyone understands why restarts raise eyebrows.

That being said, I saw the few restarts yesterday and really didn't think anything of them because they were playing nobody and ultimately smoked them anyway so I don't know why those games would've been restarted on purpose. I really have a hard time believing they were. I'm not sure about the rule either. I kinda think it's fair, but then again I saw enough close, tough losses yesterday namely Akron, BG, and Tulsa where there weren't any restarts or bitching about it that it gives me confidence that we're all grown men here and aren't going to punk out and quit games. I think that's why we all sought this website out in the first place isn't it?

I do think though that if any of us start to get more restarts than we really should that it needs to be looked into and we need to make a decision on it.

I would vote tentatively no to the rule, however lets see what happens this season and we can make some decisions when/if necessary. I also think Nati's idea about the picture or web cam video is a good idea. I would bet everyone here either has a webcam , or a phone with picture/video capability to take a quck 5 second clip of the frozen screen with the score and time of game for evidence. I have that capability and will do that if I happen to have a restart.

Just my opinion.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

okay...that's usually how I take care of it.

But that is going to require me to be an asshole at times.
    And for you guys to do nothing shady.

If you are gonna lose...lose. If your best player goes down..let em' go..its just a game.
    Also, no spamming for recruits. No extra offers of schollys or extra visits. Thats just bullshit

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

troy...

another reason people restart..probably more common is injuries.

but okay...no rule.

if at any point someone feels someone is being kinda cheesy on restarts...as a group we need to call this person out imo

10. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I don't think the restarts always have to do with getting beat like Murk said, sometimes the star player on the team may get hurt and he is out for the year. Its not always about the current game, sometimes the restart could help for the rest of the season.
    I'm game either way.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Once like what york described is fine.

But repeat offenders should be punished.

If something like york described happens over and over again, please get a new 360 or something. Otherwise, it looks VERY VERY shady.

12. BDSDIGITAL

My board is like 27 deep I have 23 available scholarships. But I'm only offering scholarships to 23 guys and if one commits elsewhere I'll move my scholarships to one of the last 4 on my board. That's not spamming is it? I think that's fair practice.

13. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

What you are doing is not what I was describing...but it is breaking the rule.

You can't offer schollys to more than how ever many you are allowed to sign.
    If somone you offered a scholarship to decides to commit somewhere else...then you can offer a scholly to someone else.

so what you are going to have to do is delete all the extra guys you gave schollys to and then readd them to your recruiting board

You are creating an unfair advantage since offering schollys raises interest

14. BDSDIGITAL

I"m pretty sure I only have scholarships to 23 guys and I have 23 available. I just have 27 or 28 on my board that I'm talking to but not offered a scholarship.

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Castor that is ok you can do that you can have 35 on your board but can only offer 23 of them schollys

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Then you are fine.

It's good to have those other guys there just in case a scholarship frees up

17. BDSDIGITAL

Ok well I will make sure my board is within spec when I get home today. Who all has posted their board? Is that required?

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey Murk I have a couple of questions about scholarships allocated. You have simmed a year correct? The new guys that are added to the recruiting pool did any of them have interest in the small schools or are they all 4-5 star recruits and should we leave a few schollys free just in case for these recruits. I know I can sim it myself and answer these ?'s but in your case do you see Central Meeechigan keeping a few ships off the table for those new recruits?

19. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Nah...none of the added recruits were looking at CMU..or any of us.

troy...no, that is not mandatory...I saw someone do it, so I decided to do it.
    I think it'll be fun to see if there is anyone else going after the same guys though

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

While they may not be interested in us, is it VERY easy to get them if you have one very high or most lined up with one of your B or higher pitches.

Are we allowing people to sign these guys up if they have the available space (and they are within the normal recruiting guidelines)?

I'll be doing this tonight. Was going to write them down this morning before leaving for work but didn't have enough time.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, if someone has met the criteria to offer a scholarship to a 5 star player they can go ahead and do that. why not?

22. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Ok. Sounds good to me. Just wanted to make sure.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

This doesnt mean you can only shedule visits to people with offers.

This means that you can not offer a scholly or schedule a visit, then take the recruit off your board, add them back to your board, and offer or schedule again. That is the glitch.