Read Option & Hurry Up

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Oct 17, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

These were two issues it seemed we had varying opinions about. Make a post like this:

"
    What I think about the Read Option:

What I think about Hurry Up:
    "

Just want to get everyone's opinion before I decide on what the actual standard for these components of the league will be for our rules.

2. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

What I think about read option: I don't see an issue with it if it's used in a sim manner and not to exploit a flaw in AI. Like I said in the other thread I think a 2:1 carry ratio would fix any problems.

What I think about hurry up: No issues with it at all.

3. publik drunk

publik drunk King of the East

I have no problem with read option as long as its not abused. Yes its tough to stop but so are curl routes everyone loves to throw on 3rd down every time.

No huddle frustrates the piss out of me for the exact reason its supposed to. I dont like playing at that tempo and its annoying but that is a personal feeling. Im an OU fan and I always hated it when we ran it as well. Tempo is an important part to the game and when I play no huddle teams I do take my time on offense to try and get in their head and frustrate them. When you run no huddle your mindset turns in to go go go and it will drive you crazy when someone comes out and slow plays you and it throws your rhythm off. As long as no huddle is used correctly and not just when you catch someone in a bad defense and trying to cheese them im fine with it

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    What I think about the Read Option: Shouldnt be used as a crutch. The play in general is very overly effective, regardless of whether you hand it off or keep it with a QB. Should not be used as a staple of the offense. Should never be used on 3rd down or in the red zone.

What I think about Hurry Up: I assume by "Hurry Up" you mean "no huddle". If thats the case I have no problem with it, generally. If people are using it correctly (huddling on incomplete passes, going out of bounds with less than 2 minutes in the 2nd / 4th quarter, huddling after loss of yards plays etc) then its fine. I also greatly dislike when people run it, no huddle to the line, call a play, and then hot route every receiver. To me you're just making your own plays at that point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

Some interesting comments and discussion going on so far. I'll wait for a few more replies before I chime in with my own thoughts.

6. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Fine with whatever we decide..

7. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Sorry late to the party
    RO-I say no I think its too gimmikey
    Hurry up-I enjoy stat whoring so f u guys i'm running it lol for real though I do run it against the CPU but rarely against humans
    what ever the masses want

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

I don't have any issues against the read option

If you run the hurry up, then you must follow the correct protocol when running. I hate seeing teams run hurry up only when they have mismatches. IRL, teams can sub in hurry up but not in game. Would need to designate those situations when hurry up must huddle, and vice versa. Just haphazardly running hurry up is very irritating.

• Like Like x 2
  9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

No issues on either of these topics.

• Like Like x 1