READY TO GO!!!!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by lilmaggie, Nov 13, 2009.

1. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

READY TO GO!!!!

I advanced through the pre-season. Or at least to it. Everyone look at your schedules and see what you think. Let me know what changes to make. I have everyone playing 2 non-conference user games I think. Get your players red-shirted and let's start this thing.

2. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

What about cuts??? I never got a chace to decide who I was cutting/keeping! I lost a five star RB recruit plus a few four stars I had plans for. Including a QB!!!!

Why did we sim through the cuts, man?

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

You shouldnt be over 70 if you followed recruiting rules and you cant see your schedule in preseason

4. Quagmire34

Quagmire34 Guest

Shit, never mind. Waaayyy too much bourbon tonight. Holy cow. I was looking at my depth chart thinking it was my roster. My bad, off to sleep now...zzzzz

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Someone seems to say this every year, but we are allowed to sign up to 73 people which means that everyone is allowed to make cuts from 73 back down to 70.

6. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

yeah man what the heck. Why did we sim cuts???? We were just at change positions last night, now this morning we're at the preseason.

What's going on Lilmaggie?

7. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I'll finish that stuff today.

8. jello1717

I too wish we hadn't skipped cuts. I signed a punter so he could RS while my SR played his final year, but instead the CPU cut him and saved some guys I wanted to get rid of instead.

9. GoGators

yeah, I'm in the same boat jello. I now have 13 WRs on my roster and only 15 scholarships available because the CPU cut upper class-men instead of freshman.

10. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Just make sure you schedule some ooc cpu games against top 10 teams so we don't see another Boise playing in the NC game. If everyone plays a top 10-15 team we can almost assure a user vs user NC game.

11. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

Haha! 13 wr?!!!! Wow, your gonna have a ton of transfers next year most likely. How many of those wr are freshman recruits?

12. Hova

ya lets take out boise and TCU, all of the BCS busters

13. GoGators

I have a total of 8 freshman WRs, 3 were redshirted from last year though. lol. A couple of these guys were walk-ons that I never offered.

I hope the scrubs transfer to Bama!!! haha

I have an interesting team this season because I only have about 20 upper classmen. Lots of froshies and sophies.

14. Hokie Effect

Ya real interesting....you have 4 RB's that are 90+ overall.

15. GoGators

I know....what offense do you think I should run??? I can't figure it out.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I knew my roster was going to hit 72 when my kicker and punter were added so I took the 2 freshman walkons from last year (65 center and 65 MLB) and moved them to quarterback where they are 40 overall. That way I would not forget to cut them and if the cuts were simmed there was no chance that they would stay while an incoming 73-74 overall player would not be cut if one of the walkons had a massive improvement.

Though i would have liked to remove a third walkon I inherited. Gotta love those 80 speed HBs.

I don;t think i know any formations that support 3 HBs at the same time. That pesky fullback is always in the way.

17. Hokie Effect

Are we on pace to start the season by tomorrow night? Curious to start the Va Tech post-Tyrod era.....

18. Hova

are teams are looking ridiculous good now

I thought my team was gunna b gutted but after training im still stacked. And look at FSU, that is pry the best defense ive ever seen on ncaa lol

19. GoGators

Yeah, it's pretty stupid to have 90+ rated players at every position. EA is flat out mentally disabled.

I look at it with a historical view. Since we cross years, saying a guy is a 99 is like saying he's ranked amongst the best guys EVER to play college football. And there's multiple 99s every year. It's a joke and makes no sense.

It's basically saying that Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey, and Emmanuel Moody are all in the same class as Herschel Walker and Bo Jackson. What a joke! I really can't stand EA anymore. If I delivered work product like this at my job, they'd show my ass the door.

20. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

hmmm. its going to take me 3 years + to get 90s at every position. The cupboard was pretty bare in Tenn. 23 true freshman on the roster this year. 3 starters, backup TE and backup QB are all going to be true freshman. Hopefully I have enough good players to cover for my youngsters.

The player progression is somewhat different for 6 star schools like florida than other teams. The starting players you have (freshmans and sophmores are better than you can probably put together by recruiting), couple that with the fact that players improve depending on the star rating for the school. So the freshman and sophmore classes you start with are bonkers, then you get crazy improvement. Which is why year 3 florida is insane. Some teams just have crazy young talent. (Whenever I see someone take Wisconsin as a rebuilding team I just shake my head. Wisconsins roster will explode with training. There is no building required)

The other thing to note is that "you can't coach speed". Players like Demps are getting crazy good because training is filling in the low stats and every thing that is limited in training (like speed) is already high. This is a big factor for why there are so may 99s. I imagine it will tone down since there are fewer speedsters in the recruiting classes than in the starting rosters.

I can not really be too mad at EA. It can not be easy to guess the talent of freshmans and sophmores, then try to make similar random recruiting classes, then have an accurate random level of improvement. And to do all of this before you even get to see the starting rosters. If I had to guess, I would say that the developers set up the recruiting and training to sink up correctly, then the starting roster came in with too much talent so the first 4ish years of dynastys have too much improvement because the players start to good. In other words, blame the rosters.

21. GoGators

Good points Why. I understand it's difficult. My view of it is that the ratings are way too high. I don't know if you play Madden or not, but in Madden they spread out the ratings this year. So the only people that were 99's were Peyton Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalou, people who are probably guaranteed the Hall of Fame already and have a right to be regarded as one of the greatest players of their position/era ever.

On the other side of the coin, the shabby players in Madden are ranked in the 50's, 60's, and 70's and they progress slowly as they should.

My issue with NCAA is that, like you said, the 6 star schools have ridiculous talent. While that should be the case, it should be relative. UF for instance should be loaded with 80's and low 90's. Maybe 1 guy 95+. Being a 95+ to me means you're one of the greatest of all time. UF shouldn't have 3 running backs that are all 95+ or multiple WR's that high.

Look at UGA's QB, he's a freshman at 85. That's ridiculous. That legitimately means the guys in the top 15% of all college QB's as a freshman. It's just stupid.

5 star freshman should come in at high 70s and 4 stars should come in low 70s high 60s. The ratings are too skewed to the high end. They don't use the entire rating system. Then, guys should develop at random. Some 5 stars should be busts, some 3 stars should project to be NFL caliber players. It would make the game so much more fun.

I think if they did this correctly, the game would play much better too. A 5 star recruit that developed into that 90+ guy would be dominant amongst the 80s and 70s he was on the field with. Just like in real life. i.e. CJ Spiller.

Watch what happens with UT. Your young class will develop into 90+'s in 2 years and you'll be a NC contender. Then you'll have that same talent every year after. There's really no challenge to it.

22. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

A 85 overall true freshman qb does happen in real life. McCoy was pretty good as a freshman, though that is off memory. its really a question of quantity. How often do mid 80s qbs show up?

Qbs do not seem to over improve because Pass power and accuracy do not improve much year to year. A qb might get 4-5 in each if he is lucky(in his career). The thing that seems to inflate qb ratings is awareness which to me is not as important as speed, power and accuracy. So qb might not be the best example of how the game is broken.

star rate is not accurate at all. I never trust it. 3 star players will come in over 80. I am starting two 3-star recurits. 79 overall and an 83 overall.

My 3 star qb is better than my 4 star qb. Which happens alot to me. about half the time I get 2 ppl at the same position my 3 star is the same overall or higher than my 4 star player. Or a 4star being better than a 5 star.

I think the game does not have a hidden potential stat for players. I thinks its random improvement year to year. So in some cases a player will surpass expectation and in other cases they will flounder (its random). Alot of it has to do with which stats improve more often. So a player with low awareness has more potential that a similarly rated player with high awareness. Players get lots of awareness for playing and in the offseason. Its an easier stat to improve.

The game should have a natural balance. if you get a player that gets up to 95 in his third year, you are probably not getting a forth year. Unless you are not playing him because someone else is better. Which probably will not happen once the orginal rosters are gone. At least in my experience that does not happen alot because you generally do not max your recruiting on a position you do not need right away. IE your not going to fight 4 other users for a guy that you don't plan on starting till hes is a RS junior.

23. jello1717

Holy front loaded Batman!!!!!!!

Here is my first 6 games.
    @ #1 Georgia
    @ #8 Georgia Tech
    #9 Alabama
    @ NC State
    @ #18 Virginia Tech
    @ #21 Clemson

My new, extremely young defense is going to get a severe trial by fire right away!

24. killajo90405

killajo90405 Walk On

I kinda wish the game had the potential rating it used to have....

25. GoGators

So, I take it we've advanced to the season. Does anyone have any idea when we need to have our games in by? Or when the next advance will be? If so, please share.