Real Assignment Football NCAA '11

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by KnightNoles, Apr 30, 2010.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Real Assignment Football NCAA '11

Intro:
    http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blog.action?blogId=RealAssignmentAI

[YOUTUBE]GJ-cmGwQC6M[/YOUTUBE]

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

TE coming off the double-team is sickness! Man I hope running the ball is going to be as fun as they make it out to be

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea I do too. But another thing that was brought up on another forum was about the defense..

--talking bout the new offense blocking compared to the defense.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    That pulling G in the last vid looks really fast.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Hopefully it's done right but most EA fixes and additions are overpowered and create a new problem all together.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

all i really want to know when it comes to blocking are we going to be able to set double teams on pass blocking....

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

The double team looks great but this looks like the option attack will be literally unstoppable with these obvious choices to make. Already annoying and hard enough to stop, this will be an option fest

8. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

That last clip of Alabama is ridiculous. Your grandma could of made it through that hole and scored.

This looks like a great addition and may finally alleviate some of the big time frustrating flaws in previous games. My only concern is that boy I hope they toned down how effective the passing game can be. If the passing game stays as effective as it is and now they add a running attack like this, it'll be like `09 all over again where the first team to get a stop wins because scoring on every possession is almost automatic.

I like this blocking AI though. It looks great.

Question for Ryno:

If you shift protection, will it change the blocking assignments too?

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I hate to be the guy complaining about something that's really not even the focus in this vid but why can't they get the speed of the players right in terms of how fast they put down and pick up their feet? WHY?

We all know the players moved down the field a little faster than in real life but this was necessary due to the fact that the players are long-striding like manute bol, I mean PLEASE GET THIS RIGHT IN MY LIFETIME!?

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Well, supposedly, every player movement in this game is from motion capture information from real people striding, doing the moves, ect (including all the new movements and animations from the Locomotion stuff) so supposedly it truly is emulating real life movement. Now, the people that they get to do this stuff obviously can't be real NCAA athletes, but they are apparently trying their best to get it as close to real life as possible.

Now, I'm never one to take EA's side, but from everything I've read, heard, and seen, they are trying their damnedest to make this game as close to real college football as possible and this will be the first year where I think I might be able to stay interested in the game past football season (I REALLY hope so).

11. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

I thought this looked great. As for the defensive concerns I'm sure it's a non issue. The vids were probably done on a low level just to illustrate the blocking. I highly doubt they would ship a game where guys would average 10 ypc.

12. GoGators

HAHAHAHA YEAH! Helli finally complained. No more picking on me for voicing my frustrations. (y)

Getting this right in my lifetime is one thing that really strikes home with me. I would like to experience a solid video football game at some point in my life while I'm still young enough to play and keep up.

The point about the footwork is one thing I commend Backbreaker for. If you watch those videos, the player doesn't move without the connection to the ground. There's no tron jogging, moonwalking, or time shifting and the players strides are seemingly appropriate. Hopefully EA can learn something there.

Also, not to be a downer, but everything mentioned about this game sounds really great when I read about it, but when I see it in action, it leaves me riddled with questions. For instance, locomotion is suppose to slow guys down when they turn correct? The agility rating is suppose to come into play there. Yet, if you watch that Alabama Guard in that video, he makes a 90 degree arced turn going through the hole to setup his block on the LB and he doesn't slow down at all. In fact, he's moving damn near faster than the HB.

I know they're still working on tuning and ratings at this point with the game, hopefully they'll address these issues correctly.

13. GoGators

Just read the article at EA and noticed something awesome for all of us spread guru's. It seems as though they're adding back the bubble screen. Finally! A critical play to the spread that if it works is a big time problem for the defense. Ask anybody that's played Oregon in the past 4 years. They also mention there will be a Fake BB screen HB Draw play from the sounds of it.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'm sorry but I'm not sure where you get the idea that that looks incorrect.

Go to 2:37 of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3YvxecZaMA

And tell me how the counter trey with two pulling linemen (the RG and RT) with them immediately turning on a dime and up field on that play is unrealistic.

Linemen have the ability to do that because they are barely running that fast and they are specifically conditioned to do that.

I'll say again, EVERYTHING in this game is motion captured with a REAL person doing that movement.

15. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

looks good, but no zone blocking? That would be really awesome if they could get that put in.

16. GoGators

1. There's multiple posts in here stating that the guard looks like he's pulling too fast. If you watch, he actually seems to accelerate while turning. If you watch the video you posted, the guys aren't as fast as you can see by the HB going half speed behind them. Also, the linemen slow down a little while making their turn, they're not going full speed.

2. Everything in all NCAA Football games has been motion captured. `10 was motion captured, yet guys could change direction without even putting their feet on the ground. Go look at a replay. Is that the realism that you're talking about cause I'm confused?

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I think the interaction looks fantastic.

That said, one of the main reasons it is necessary to have another lineman chip your man (before moving upfield) is to help where you are outmatched. If the opponent has a really good DT, the guard will need help otherwise he will not be able to open a hole.

So, I hope DT are able to beat single team blocks if they are really good.

18. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

All the blocking logic fixes are great, but are they making any improvements on the defensive side of the ball? I'm starting to become very worried that 2011 is going to be a prettier version of 2009 when it comes to user games.

19. Rudy

Rudy Pumped for NCAA 11

At this point it doesn't bother me much anymore if the actual foot stays planted while making a cut. I'm just hoping for a fun football game this year and I can live with some blips along the way.

I consider last year to be one of the biggest disappointments of football gaming since 2004 and NFL 2K5 and Madden '05. Yes, I said it. Both NFL 2K5 and Madden '05 were big disappointments to me. 2K5 is heralded by a ton of people as the best football game ever yet it took a ton of backwards steps from 2K4. The new momentum animation wasn't really momentum and it sucked. Picking up a fumble and trying to turn around created this stupid tap dance animation that was ridiculous and sometimes seen twice in a row if you pushed the stick incorrectly. The screen pass was absolutely ruined in 2K5 after being good in 2K4, timing on counter plays sucked, cpu QBs threw so many picks it made NCAA 08 look good by comparison, franchise mode sucked as cpu only drafted 4 positions in the first round, etc. I gave up on 2K5 after loving 2K4 to go back to Madden '05 after skipping '04. I really enjoyed Madden '03 but going back to Madden '05 after loving the presentation and line play of the 2K series made Madden stale and boring. Thank heavens for NCAA '06 the following year. Maybe I will be saying the same thing about NCAA '11 five years later.

20. Koach Vonner

Koach Vonner Walk On

Man I hope the defense can hold up against this new AI. If not people are going to have to play with their "LB" and "S" deep to fit where needed. I think this game could be a high scoring affair. Whoever gets the first Turnover is going to be the Victor.

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm willing to bet that virtually all of their videos thus far have been on varsity difficulty in order to showcase different aspects of the game.

So keep that in mind. As long as they give me the ability to tune the game with effective sliders, I'll make it work.

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Everything has always been mo-capped man, at least for awhile now. It's the use of those motion captures that has been off.

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

the loop of the capture has been increased this year to like 20 seconds versus 5 seconds in '10 and previous, so it looks more organic.