Real college football chatter

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jul 24, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Nice. Hopefully they add Arizona's Copper Toppers to the store.

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

What are your thoughts about the season opener? Do you think they have much of a chance vs Bama? While I hate Michigan as you know, seeing a B1G team taking down a SEC Powerhouse would be great (let alone a michigan based team).

4. jello1717

No

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Got to hand it to Hoke for taking them on though. RichieRod would never have taken on anyone tougher than Delaware St for the season opener.

Now you will know the pain we experienced in the Capitol One Bowl...

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Fuck you

7. Masler

Masler Moderator

Your head coach is a bitch, face it.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

My head coach will lead Arizona from the ashes into a competitor for the Head of the South... After USC dies off.

9. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not going to happen. His coaching philosophy destroyed Michigan for 4 years straight, his offense consisted of either run Denard or incomplete passes. Defense was always 5-10 yards too deep. Hoke stepped in and they win a BCS Bowl, proving it was HIS fault.

10. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Hoke is a great coach and i agree maybe better than Rich Rod. I in fact wanted Mike Leach but i'm good with Rich Rob for this fact. Rich Rod is an AMAZING recruiter. In a week span of June, he signed 8 people. And if we look at this, Brady Hoke won with Rich Rod's players. If Rich Rod had one more year, I guarantee he'd of done way better. If he has the time at Arizona, he will do well.

My second point is that Rich Rod didn't have a defense. His DC stayed at WVU which hurt him A LOT. Thankfully, Rich Rod recruited Dave Casteel to bring the "band" back together. I think jello1717 and Big Suge Knight can agree that the defense was one of the biggest let downs in Rich Rod's entire career, no? With his system and the defense together, i see some good years in Tuscon in the near future.

Finally, something that Rich Rod has at Arizona that he didn't have at his first year at any other school? A running QB. Matt Scott fits AMAZINGLY in this offense and even ran it in High School. The speed also will be great and Oregon-esk.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Lol for one there is no maybe that Hoke is by far better. Two everyone thought Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson would fit AMAZINGLY as well, they didn't. Hoke runs a similar offense and actually knows how to coach his players, Denard is going to be scary this year. Matt Scott won't.

I bet Hoke pulls in more recruits at Michigan than RRod will at Zona....just sayin...

12. jello1717

1. RichieRod is a horrible recruiter. While he was at Michigan he still recruited like he was at fucking West Virginia. He didn't bring in nearly the level of talent that he should have at a big time school like Michigan.
    2. You can't blame the poor D on his DC. He was the head coach, not the offensive coordinator. He's responsible for the entire team and the reason Michigan was so bad during his tenure was because the defense was fucking horrible and that's all on RichieRod.

13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well see come Aug. 30. I have complete faith that this will be a great year. And a bowl is a great year after last season