Real College Football Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 10, 2011.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Alright guys...camps have started the season is a few weeks away.

One thing I love about this group is that we come from all over and have very different favorite teams. Tell us what to expect from your squad this year. Names we should familiarize ourselves with and such.

2. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Georgia Bulldogs--

2 names on offense to watch for are Sophmore QB Aaron Murray and True Freshman Isaiah Crowell.

Crowell was the highest rated RB to come out of high school and he is going to share carries with Richard Samuel. I look for Crowell to take over the sole starting position by week 4.

Aaron Murray is probably the best QB in the SEC this year. Has good pocket presence and with a year under his belt he is looking to elevate his game.

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Glad you asked....pre season I did in the HOFL...new way of using presentation in Google Docs!

• Like Like x 2
  4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Illinois Fighing Illinois are going to struggle but you never know...QB Nathan Scheelhause can play and is pretty quick on his feet. Illinois has 6 winable games to open the season and Purdue and Minnesota in their final 5. So they could very well be a 7 win team and maybe pull an upset on Ohio State and they almost beat Michigan last year so...7-5

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

our schedule pretty darn easy... 10-2, prob lose to FSU in ACC champ game this yea... oh, and beat UVA by 30 again, same ole same ole

6. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

At least no jmu on the schedule. Get your shots in on UVA now while you can.

• Like Like x 2
  7. vatechhokie01

lol, here's to hoping your seniors actually beat Duke once in their careers and when they do we get to see Mike London cry over such a humungous victory!...

and why does all this hype seem so eerily famliar to Al the man Groh's 1st couple season when he had those "AMAZING!" recruiting classes?

gotta coach em up too!

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

please tell me you aren't trying to compare London to Groh. Even you know should know better than that.

And i'm pretty sure he's coaching them up.

Let's look at the offense:
    2009 - YPG - 270, dead last in acc (groh's last year)
    2010 - YPG - 405, 3rd in ACC (london's first year)

I'd say the offense is on track.

The defense sucked, but alot had to do with Groh's love of big slower players in a 3-4 vs. London's 4-3 which relies on speed. London's history is as a defensie guy. In his 2 years as DC at Virginia (06 and 07). In 06 UVa allowed 290 ypg and in 07 they allowed under 20 ppg. In 2008 he took his first hc gig at richmond and won a national title.

Now add in a very strong class (25th nationally) from last year in which they were able to get back to recruiting very well in the state (18 commits versus only 9 from the year before). I would say that Virginia is definitely working back towards respectability.

But that's fine, we have been terrible for the last 3 years and we deserve it.

9. vatechhokie01

my only comparison is this: every UVA fan was ecstatic about how Groh was an amazing recruiter and absolutely "righting" the ship in his first 2 years. every single one of them. and we heard about it. all about it. now we hear the same thing.

london could be very good. absolutely. but he sure as hell isnt yet. gotta win some games. recruiting is both huge and overrated.

all im saying: gotta win some games.

but i freakin love the passion! optimism abounds in sports fanship... best damn thing about it!

10. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Well I root for SJSU since I've been born and raised in San Jose. Obviously not a powerhouse team, but very couple years we have a solid season.
    With that being said we have a solid coach(Dick Davey) and Tate Forcier available next season. We also have another transfer RB from Minnesota who is supposed to be pretty good. Davey has also said he is trying to focus on bringing in our local talent here so all in all I'd say SJSU will be on a bit of a positive hype over the next few seasons.

Aside from that I'm not really a big college football follower anymore. My work schedule is Tuesday - Saturday so I'm usually not available to watch Saturday football. I play parlays weekly so I do follow teams and trends, but that's about it. I live for NFL, MLB, NBA, and college basketball! Oh and p-$$y. Oh and you guys!(y)

• Like Like x 1
  11. vatechhokie01

NBA...exciting. you crazy californians

• Like Like x 2
  12. vatechhokie01

hey stop typing and "liking" things and finish playing your game. no wonder you lose all the time. you were probably texting your honey while playing goose.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

I wish I could click unlike on ^^^^^ that post!!!

1 minute left! SJSU back on the winning track!

14. vatechhokie01

seriously... 1minute left in a thriller and you are typing on the forums. this explains everything!

15. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Thanks for the credit "1 minute left in a thriller(SJSU/Utah St.)"!

16. vatechhokie01

lol...i love you!

17. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

This year BYU has several players that will either build on a solid career or make a splash this season, but BYU's season will be hinge upon how well Jake Heaps plays in his sophmore season. The kid came to BYU with some serious skills, #1 rate QB in the country by Rivals and Scout, MVP of the Elite 11 camp, and then followed it up by starting 11 games as a true freshman. Reports from the first week of camp have been great and he is expected to build on the sucess of last season.

http://search.espn.go.com/jake-heaps/videos/6