Real Football Talk - Fantasy talk ok also

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big Suge Knight, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I figure you can never have too much talk about the sport of them all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I'll start off by saying that little brother's little winning streak finally end's on November 2. Go Blue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

Speaking of Michigan, really looking forward to them coming to Lincoln in October. We have a couple of great home games this year, but Michigan under the lights is going to be a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Hey Gramp's.... lay off the kool-aid. After watching the Sugar Bowl it's 100% obvious Denard is the most over-rated QB.I can't wait to watch Maxwell unless that arm against the Big Ten. MSU also brings in another top 5 defense to stuff that kid #septemberhiesman

5. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

Enjoy it all now because once Urban Meyer gets his recruits in their, ooh baby watch out OSU will own the Big 10..:D

6. Kaos

Kaos Walk On

You already have players, so no excuses if you stumble.

7. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

They do and are a good team but they are not a national championship team and not the best team in the big ten.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Tressel was a better coach than Meyer. Coaching = is getting more out of your talent, not less.

9. Burrcat2277

Burrcat2277 Walk On

I disagree, don't get me wrong I liked Tressel and he was a great coach but Urban Meyer has 2 national championships and is quite frankly in my opinion one of the 5 best coaches in the country. Not being biased what so ever.

10. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

One of the top 5 coaches????! Now that's funny. Be careful not to confuse a great coach with a coach who wins. Meyer had a loaded roster at UF and bolted when the cupboard went bare (and Tebow left).

• Like Like x 1
  11. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

Don't forget how Meyer got the UF job, he was extremely successful and built a program out of almost nothing at Utah, and was a consistent winner who got quite a bit out of lesser talent out West. I don't even like the guy, Ohio State and UF are two of my least favorite teams, but he is a good coach.

12. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

He's an ok coach. he's not a top 5 coach.

13. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

So.... and this at you Corey Haggard.... while going through my gmail I was sent a living social deal for tickets for the Alabama Michigan game in Dallas. I bet those were sent out for all those Walmart Wolverine fans that never went to Michigan and can't afford full price tickets.

I hope Saban unleashes those linebackers and crush Denard into oblivion.

14. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

I really hope Michigan wins this game, let Denard show all the haters he can handle his team in clutch situations.

15. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Which he can't... And has proved time and time again.

16. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I never went to Michigan. But half of my family did, and most of my wife's family. My father in law played at UM, although never saw the field. (Practice squad.)

I don't even know why they scheduled the Bama game, but whatever. Should whip the boys into shape for the rest of the season.

17. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Yea people still give him hell though.

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Believe you misinterpreted my comment, but nonetheless, he consistently just throws balls up as he is getting hit. The Sugar Bowl was absolutely disgusting to watch. The only reason they won that game was the incompetence of the V Tech QB.

Also, there defense is not good - at all. He lacks any help at wide receiver. Plus his #1 RB was arrested for DUI and waiting his fate. I wouldn't bet money on Michigan this year.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I disagree, obviously. We have talent at WR (Roy Roundtree, Jeremy Gallon). We have plenty of talent on D, and even if Fitz misses time, Vincent Smith is a good back. Not to mention our recruiting has been pretty incredible, especially on the defensive side of the ball, ever since we got Greg Mattison as our DC, since so many kids want to play for him. So while things are looking good for the future of Blue's program, Green's has peaked. Hope you enjoyed your little run of success, this is probably the last decent year you'll have for quite some time.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  20. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

Not saying Michigan's D won't still be good, but I think they'll miss Mike Martin alot more than people think. A solid DT does wonders for a defense.

21. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Peaked? Denard will never beat MSU. He lacks the discipline against great defenses. How many interceptions has he thrown against MSU alone? I believe he is averaging over 2/game.

Not quite sure why you think we've peaked. Michigan has always brought in top classes. Great talent doesn't equal wins. You should know that. Maxwell has a stronger arm than Cousins did and Bell will run over defenses this Fall. Besides Buttwheat (from Nebraska), he's the best back in the B1G now that Sedd left for USC.

But you keep drinking you ESPN kool-aid. Liquid courage is sometimes the only resort.

22. nobolarrybird

nobolarrybird Walk On

Burkhead*. Also Montee Ball might have something to say about that best RB in the BIG 10 claim.

23. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I think you've peaked by looking at your 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes, and I know its not going to get any better. You had a nice little run though. Put a nice little dent in that 67- 31 -5 series lead we have.

24. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Who's Mike Martin?

[​IMG]

Jerel Worthy - new starting DT for Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers.

25. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Not with that OL gone from last year. Not a chance.... Plus Wilson is gone. That threat opened up a lot for Ball.