Real football - week 1

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Dru50, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Real football - week 1

Just about to watch the Michigan and Notre Dame games.

Saw a chunk of the Florida game, they need to get some of their issues on offense worked out quick before SEC play starts.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Florida looked bad.

Lets go Uconn!!

3. Dru50

The Texas offense also appears to need some work.

Denard Robinson looks like a real weapon out there.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I only saw bits and pieces of the UF game, I taped it and will watch it all when I get back home from the weekend getaway, but how in the hell did we only get 26 yards of total offense through 3 quarters, if not the game? Urban better be rolling some heads after that one. Good greif.

5. Dru50

Brantley looked clueless and pouncey really struggled at center.

I guess denard doesn't just get hurt on the video game. If I'm a Michigan fan I'd be concerned whether he can stay healthy carrying the ball this much. Helluva game by the kid though.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

yea he's going to get hurt if he wants to play HB more than QB lol

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

From what little I seen of the game, I gotta think some of Brantley's issues may have came from the playcalling. The formations, the shifting, the motion, there was way too much shit going on every play presnap for the 1st game of the season. Addazio's playcalling remains suspect.

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

The best line I've ever heard in a sports broadcast came from the Penn State game. The announcer was talking about a quick receiver for the Nittany Lions.

He said that "he could shake someone in a phone booth."

Priceless!

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

MSU looked average, but this freshman HB they have looked special. Too bad EA didn't put him in the video game. His name is Le'Veon Bell. Dude ran 10 times for 141 yards and 2 TDs. He's 6'2 230 pounds and shifty, going to be fun to watch.

The rest of the team was ok, too many mistakes on offense (penalties) and defense (not getting off the field on 3rd down) to compete with the big boys right now.

10. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Damn.....

Utah State almost did it.

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Ya MSUs run game looks good and QB turned WR Keith Nichol made a nice TD grab

12. Dru50

I was impressed with the UNC wr's last night, there are some offensive playmakers on that team.

I also thought that Oregon St looked pretty good in a road game vs a top 10 team. If not for that awful shotgun snap at the end of the game, they had the ball with a chance to tie with a qb starting his first game. Considering the Beavers are probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the PAC 10, that conference looks like they should have a good year.