Real Life BCS Predictions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Dec 31, 2009.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Real Life BCS Predictions

Here's what I think(same content as what I wrote for school paper), post your opinions.

Rose Bowl: Ohio State vs. Oregon:
    It has been a while since the Big Ten has won the Rose Bowl and that drought will go on at least 1 more year…Oregon’s run game is just too effective, Oregon wins this one.

Sugar Bowl: Florida vs. Cincinnati:
    Cincy comes in undefeated but Tim Tebow will not allow his historic career end on a losing note. The Gators offense will torch a Cincinnati defense that gave up 36 points to the lowly Illini. Gators win with ease.

Fiesta Bowl: Boise State vs. TCU:
    Call it David vs. David…both of these small schools want to end their season undefeated, Boise State and QB Kellen Moore will get the job done. Boise State in a close one.

Orange Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Iowa:
    The Hawkeyes have been just barely getting by all year. Georgia Tech’s rushing attack will be too much for Iowa to handle, GT gets the win.

National Title Game: Texas vs. Alabama:
    Both teams come in undefeated, Texas features a great passing game while Bama has the nation’s top running back Mark Ingram. In the end Texas’s defense just isn’t good enough to stop Ingram, Bama wins by 10.

2. Dean

Dean Walk On

Oregon's spread attack too much for Ohio St

Florida BIG

Boise St - TCU hard to call. Both are very balanced, but the TCU pass rush will be all over Kellen Moore

Iowa sucks, GT gets the win

Alabama's D gets it done

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

I am gonna go with:

Oregon over OSU

Florida easily over Cincy

TCU over Boise State

GT over Iowa

And of course my boys will be the National Champions on January 7th. ROLL TIDE!

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I dont go with the heart, i go with the eye ball test.

Oregon is my home of record and i been down with them since the 95 rose bowl when they played Penn St but:
    Ohio St will beat Oregon

TCU is good but i think Boise is to balanced for TCU to contain all game. It only takes a few big plays. while TCU might have trouble getting points.
    Boise ST over TCU

Iowa is gonna blowout Gtech sorry bout that fellas.

everyone who says FLA big is talking with the heart, but did you see the last three really spread teams have gone up and down the field on FLa. Ole Miss last year put up 31. Oklahoma last year. Yes Fla won the game and OU only scored 14, but OU went for it inside the 10 twice with no points, they crossed the 50 like 8 times. only one or two three and outs 363 total yards.

didnt have their starting HB or MLB, had a few pass drops on offense, and was not really stopped the whole game. If Harvin doesn't play i am willing to bet Fla would have lost the game.

Bama spread them out and look what happened.
    Cincy is not a well known hyped team, but they will spread you out and have 2+ NFL(Gilyard, Binns) wr's that no matter how hyped they may be Fla cb's can not cover them.

Fla in a close game If it stays really tight and cincy gains confidence it could be upset special.
    Fla over Cincy in a closer game then ya'll think

Bama will struggle to score and Texas wins a close one.
    Texas over bama

While im at it Cowboys over the Eagles

5. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Wow. Do they drug test you?

You really are Sean Salisbury....lol (he's out of work by the way)

How do you figure Iowa is going to blow-out Tech? Have you watched Iowa at all this year? Good defense, but that's about it. Tech will put up points on Iowa's defense. Tech's defense aint worth a shit, but still, I dont know where you get a blow-out from.

And your really high if you think Texas and there shitty defense is going to beat Alabama. Alabama also has the best defense in the country.

TCU over Boise. TCU's defense is top 5 in the country.

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

just watch. Thats why they play the game.

USC was suppose to blowout Texas in 2006
    Utah last year over BAma.

TCU will play good defense But what top offense did you stop to get that top 5 defense. They shut out a bunch of conf USA teams. stats can be misleading in college. Boise will still score enough points easy. Too many weapons, and mismatches.

Football is matchups not highlights. What you did against one team has jack shit to do with how you match up against another.

Gtech will be shut down by Iowa. Iowa will score with QB Stansi back on Gtech's defense.

7. Iron Mickey

Okay. I will watch......

8. JFunk34

Utah over Alabama has exactly jack and shit to do with what will happen on January 7th. Texas is lucky to even be in the game. They should have lost to Nebraska and they let Texas A&M's "powerful" offense score at will. The Aggies offense which scored the same amount of points on the #9 and #10 defenses out of 12 in the SEC(Arkansas and UGA) as they did against Texas' D. Texas' statistics are inflated in a weak defensive conference and Alabama has the best defense in the country. Just ask Bill Muschamp considering he learned everything he knows from Nick Saban.

9. jca312

jca312 Walk On

TCU is in the Mountain West. Not a great conference either, but I wasn't overly impressed with Boise State this year either. I think TCU wins that one.

I don't think Ohio State matches up well with Oregon. They are fast and that has given Ohio State problems the past few years.

I think Georgia Tech beats Iowa, Iowa plays good defense, but what offense was overly impressive in the Big Ten. That Tech option attack is tough.

I have no idea what's going to happen tonight in the Sugar Bowl, I think there's a good argument for Cincy winning, Florida has a ton of distractions, it's pretty meaningless, most of those guys are leaving to NFL, and the Cincy guys want to prove that they don't need Kelly. On the other hand, it's Tebow's last game, he alone might be able to will the Gators to victory, Cincy has no defense, and man for man, Florida is better.

I think Texas is good, but that Bama defense is ridiculous. Nebraska gave Texas all they could handle and I don't think anyone would argue that Nebraska's defense is better than Alabama's. Plus Saban has a month to gameplan. Alabama wins.

10. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Rose: Ohio State is way overdue to win won of these BCS games. They get in them every year and have been losing not because they suck- it is because they usually are playing one of the top two or three teams in the country (Fla, LSU and Texas). Oregon is playing in their first BCS game since Joey Harrington was quarterback. The Duck offense was fantastic for most of the season but the sweater vest has had a month to prepare. Bucks by a touchdown.

Sugar: If Urban Meyer had left it alone and not said he was going to return, this one would be in cement. Even so, Cincinnati has not stopped anyone defensively and is not going to move at will on the Gator D. Throw in that the Bearcat coach up and left, and that it is football Jesus Teabow's last game. The line on this game has moved from ten to 13. As a degenerate gambler, I have been looking forward to this one since it was announced. Gators in a walk.

Orange- Paul Johnson is probably the most underrated coach in the country. His offense is an absolute bitch and very difficult for a defense to stop. Iowa doesn't have much of an offense and their quarterback can be very careless. The Hawkeyes hang around for a half before the Wreck pulls away in the second half. Tech by 17.

Fiesta- I lean TCU in this one but Boise really steps it up in these games. The Frogs are probably better but I will take Boise in close one.

Big One- For all the props Bama has been getting, unnoticed is that Texas has lost just one game over the past two seasons. Don't let the Big 12 championship game fool you, the Nebraska defense is bad ass. I think this one is very close (take the points), Bama in a squeker. I think it is just the Tide's year.

11. Iron Mickey

Very good points tuco...I agree alot. You know your football

12. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Hats off to OSU, I've been surprised by Pryor. He played really well.

13. tuco418

He did play very well and is a nightmare once he breaks the pocket. Ohio State could really have something next year if Tressel wasn't so freaking conservative. His approach allows their opposition to always hang around (kind of like my CofC Badgers this year.) I think they return everybody next year.

14. jca312

jca312 Walk On

2 for sure preseason Top 5 teams: Ohio State & Nebraska

15. tuco418

They mentioned at the end of Rose Bowl that Oregon will have 18 back, including Masoli. The Ducks probably will be top ten. I am not so sure about Nebraska, they struggled offensively most of the year and will lose Suh.

16. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I'm so proud of my buckeyes tonight, i had some tears in my eyes during the post game ceremony

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

My New years day twitter. My post are so long because they are actually 3 to 5 posts that i add to all day until i post it.
    Everyone has an opinion. I just add my reasoning for my opinions. Something to discuss. Its what you do on a forum, communicate opinions.

Talk shit, read, disagree and respond.

If thats the case how lucky was Bama. How about vs AUb. The Auburn team that gave up 600 yds of offense to Northwestrn. How about vs Tenn who held Bama to 12 points and controlled that game. you can never count how one team matches up against some one else as how it will play out against another team. The Texas game was A&M's bowl game and more important then their actual bowl game. Of course they played hard. Funny Georgia didnt dominate like that vs Oklahoma st.

The point again was hype does not win football games. Utah was suppose to get blown out. But on the field they were 2 TD's better than Alabama. To say or imply Texas does not have a great defense 1) is wrong and no they are not as good as Bama, but they only have to be good enough to stop Bama's offense, which i think they are. VA Tech played Bama and two SEC teams total, but their worst offensive game of the season was vs a "weak" defense big 12 team(Nebraska).

And check this out sec bowl game defenses
    Tenn gave up 229 yds rushing 209 passing 438 yds off only got 240
    Auburn gave up over 500 yds passing 600 yds offs got 424 of off
    LSU gave up 216 yds passing 124 rushing 340 of off got 243 yds of off
    kentucky gave up 180 yds rushing 141 passing 321 yds of offs only got 277
    gerogia gave up 362 yds passing 109 rushing 471 yds offs got 366(3 fumbles killed A&M)
    Florida killed cincy 629 off and gave up 240 something. The tread SEC defenses have given up more yards then SEC offenses have gotten in 5 out of 6 games.

On your defense stats thing. Stats can also be deceiving. If Georgia played in the MAC with the same players they might have led the nation in defense, shuting down MAC teams. instead of giving up what they did vs the schedule they played. In college its more who you play.
    Last year Florida avg over 40 points a game and guess what team held them to their lowest point total. Not an SEC team but the weak conf defense of OU. If you watched the game Florida's whole offense really relied on Harvin to make super plays and a shovel pass to Hernadez and OU shut everything else down for the most part with out their starting MLB.

I had a home boy from Cali who hated the sec. I use to live in Louisiana so i was on the fence in the arguments. The one point he would make is the SEC out of conf schedules are terrible as a whole every season. Besides a few rivalry games, the teams dont get tested during the season because they play Troy, western Kentucky UL-Monroe and this boost their stats and they have very good coaches who prepare well for the bowl games. Before yall respond that was his points im just saying what he would argue.

The sec offenses have not been that good this season which was his other argument SEC defenses are good but they look better vs an SEC offense.
    In these bowl game i looked at the defenses vs the offenses. Anybody who plays fantasy football knows the best defense is the team the is playing the worst offense almost every week.

I have LSU gear, an A Brooks Saints jersey, so i rep LA. But i thought LSU would struggle to score and lose to Penn ST. Offense is just not clicking this season.

Oregon is my home of record and i just moved from the northwest but look at the pac ten's bowl record this year. It was 2-4 before the Rose Bowl and USC beat a bad Boston College team by 11 and UCLA beat a Mac team by 9. The ranked teams, Oregon ST was blown out, Arizona was blown out. So yes i felt that would play out in the game and the Pac ten was a little over rated.
    To the game Ohio st should have had over 30 points but had poor execution in the redzone a few times.

TCU played Boise last year in a bowl game. Boise had control and a 13-0 lead but lost late 17-16. Boise QB Moore was a freshmen he has gotten a lot better. TCU is good this year and they were good last year but i think Boise has made a larger increase in Progression on defense and QB.

Late edit: I thought Fla would win but a Brian Kelly Cincy would have been a so much better game. As was pointed out on the halftime show. Kelly was the off coordinator and head coach. Cincy tried too hard and got penalties the head coach can lead and calm them down.
    that stopped the first three drives when they were getting first downs and moving the ball. No steady plan of attack and not how they played all year. Bama who has the best defense played alot of zone and safteis over the top vs florida most of the times. Why would bad defense cincy play man so much. Why is cb #9 playing man with no help over the top when he runs like a 4.6 40.
    I think with Brian Kelly it would be 24-13, 24-17 FLa, something like that at the half. fla with 4 scoring drives and cincy with 3 scoring drives.
    First drive of third qrt is what they should have been doing, quick pass, qb runs, quick decisions.

Good win by FSU.
    People are all on FSU being over rated in the NCAA game. Part of my sean salsiberry as Gunit says come from football basics. One thing that i disagree with due to football basics is FSU is overrated especially on defense every year in the NCAA game.

Football in general, but especially defense is a product of three things.
    1) athletic ability/talent-to get too and make plays on the ball
    2)plan /scheme-to cover all parts of the field in relation to the offensive formation
    3)discipline- to be and stay were your suppose to and play your assignment.

you can win and be successful with any two of the three, but bad schemes or lack of discipline can cause problems regardless of talent/ratings.

NcAA team ratings are based on athletic ability/ talent of the players and guys who say that FSU is always over rated due to how they play in real life dont get how scheme and discipline factors in.
    FSU and MIA should be highly rated because their players are great ratings wise for the most part. Did you see the FSU dude run down Noel Divine. Not from an angle but from behind. thats rating spd , acc, pursuit.

as an example here is a list of NFL drafted FSU players of of the 2005 8 win team and the 2006 7 win teams. as you can see in 2005 there were over 13 NFL players on a 7 and 6 team. If you convert that to NCAA ratings, those players have to be rated in the high 90's which would boost your team rating in NCAA games. Look at the defensive players and look what they are doing in the NFL. After 07 they had a lot of underclassmen but they are still good players ratings wise now, who are not producing football plays or wins.

1 15 15 Lawrence Timmons Steelers LB
    3 5 69 Buster Davis Cardinals LB
    3 7 71 Lorenzo Booker Dolphins RB
    3 28 91 Mario Henderson Raiders T
    4 29 128 Chris Davis Titans WR
    1 9 9 Ernie Sims Lions LB
    1 13 13 Kamerion Wimbley Browns LB
    1 14 14 Brodrick Bunkley Eagles DT
    1 19 19 Antonio Cromartie Chargers DB
    3 31 95 Willie Reid Steelers WR
    4 20 117 Leon Washington Jets RB
    5 5 138 Pat Watkins Cowboys DB
    5 25 157 A. J. Nicholson Bengals LB

18. JFunk34

Good post smace. I will agree with you on one important point. SEC's OOC schedules are generally weak. Although Nick Saban has gone out of his way to schedule a tough out of conference team every season he's been here. Clemson, Virginia Tech, and a home an home series with Penn State in 2010 and 2011. Also an upcoming series in '12 and '13 I believe with Georgia Tech. But every sports analysts justifies this with the fact that the conference schedule is brutal. SEC teams shouldn't have to handicap themselves by scheduling nothing but top teams when teams like Notre Dame can schedule whoever they want and if they put it all together and go undefeated then they are guaranteed to play for a National Championship.

As far as Auburn this year, trust me I wasn't happy with the way the team played overall. But did you actually watch the game? Auburns offense in that game was almost exclusively in the first half off of trick plays. Alabama did what had to be done to win. No one will argue that Florida wasn't the best team in the country last year and they LOST to Ole Miss.

Utah last year, our best player was out of the game and we only had two of our offensive lineman playing in their position. A lot of external factors, including the disappointment from the UF loss and overlooking Utah played a factor in that game. Utah deserved the win and I give them props for that.

Speaking of your boys at LSU, they need a new coach bro. Period. Les Miles is a joke. They have as much talent as anyone and should be a dominant program.

19. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I was pretty surprised by the Buckeye's performance yesterday. Pryor really played a good game, especially considering that ankle started bugging him very early in the 1st quarter after his 24 yard scramble. Also, props to Tim Tebow. What a way for this guy to go out, almost throwing for 500 yards even if it was against that chicken shit Cincinnatti Defense. Someone better give him a shit in the NFL, his arm isn't even that bad it's just his release that's iffy. Finally, how bout that Auburn-Northwestern Outback Bowl!! I am not a fan of either school but that was some pretty crazy stuff going on there at the end and I believe Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald is 1 of the more underrrated coaches in the country.

20. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Just found out Pettis is still a game time decision.
    I thought at full strength Boise could beat TCU. I dont dislike TCU They have a great team and i wanted them to play a BCS school.

I stick with my pick of Boise St, but if Pettis is not health / cant play, I see Boise St having a much harder time winning and i would consider a Boise win without Pettis an upset.

21. JFunk34

Hood nothing impressive about running the score up like they did. I like Tebow but I hate Urban Meyer and the program he runs. He has run the score up on inferior opponents all year and it's disrespectful and arrogant.

I would have loved to see TCU play Florida.

22. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I hate how the bowls line things up in the BCS. Its all about big Business and money. The Best match up for Florida was cincy who was gonna be without their head coach and off coordinator. It assured Tim Tebow would go out with a bang and a big game.

The BCS should have been(my opinion)

Texas vs Bama

TCU vs Florida

Bosie St vs Gtech

Iowa vs Cincy

Oregon vs Ohio St

Now that my Cowboys have the best Stadium in football (my opinion) and it holds 111,000(=BIG MONEY) the Cotton bowl will be back in the BCS (this is pretty much fact). The Cotton Bowl wont be back as a BCS bowl until like 2014 in the new contract, but they say it will happen. Especially since every conf hosts a BCS bowl accept the Big 12. The Fiesta Bowl is the Big 12's bowl but it is in Pac ten land and a pac ten stadium.

Like it or not Cowboy / Jerry Jones haters, A BCS Bowl in Cowboy stadium will make more money than every other bowl accept maybe the Rose Bowl and the BCS is about money and knows this.

The talk is to try and change the format some to add a plus one or redo the seeds and include the mountain west and or wac or just two more at large bids to fill the new bcs bowl slots of the Cotton Bowl.

imagine with the games above the winner of the bama game play the winner of the TCU game in the plus one for all the marbles.

Note; They only put 100,00 in on Sunday but it has been building coded at 111,000 capacity. Might see that many in the Super bowl that will be there next year.
    A friend of mine sent me pictures from the Game sun.
    She was in the lower End zone level and she took these pics looking out at the Field with two cheerleaders in front (Butt shots). its a nice pic and its my computer background now. Its a 12 mb camera pick so they are big pics(4MBs) but later tonight i will add those pics some where for my fellow cowboys fans, and post my two summaries for my games played.

Here is one, Cowboy glory

[​IMG]

23. Iron Mickey

Yep, it is the best Stadium in the world. It's like being in a first class hotel.

And I am proud to say I am a Cowboy season tickeck/PSL rights holder. I own first right's to any event that happens in that stadium for the next 40 years by contract.

I will be in Arlington, Texas this week for the Wildcard game. Go Cowboys. I will have plenty of pics.

24. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

how much did that psl cost gunit?

25. Iron Mickey

8k......