Real Life Favorite Team Rumblings

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Jayrah, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Hey guys, thought you might like THIS ARTICLE that I wrote on Mike Leach's decision to ban reporters who leak injury news from practices. Thoughts on this type of coach's decision?

Start of college football season this week, also a good chance to talk about our favorite teams! Anybody give the Cougs a chance at Auburn this week?

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice article, and gowazzucougs told me the other night he will be at the Auburn game this weekend.

BTW - your boy M. Wilson is looking like a lock to make the Chicago Bears 53 man roster, as he saw some good PT with the starters (in 3-4 WR sets) in their 3rd preseason game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I hear Jeff Tuel might start for Buffalo.

I'm considering going to the Cal vs Ohio St game in a couple weeks.

4. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

David Ash will be the best QB in the Big XII. Write it down.

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

The only reason Tuel is starting quarterback is that he has looked good and he hasn't gotten injured yet. He was a good quarterback at WSU when he was on the field, and probably can be a good quarterback in the pros. But that guy is made of glass, if he plays in their final pre season game the Bills will be taking a risk.

6. gowazzucougs

I will write it down, and if he is the best quarterback in the Big 12 does that mean Texas wins the conference and plays for the National Title?

7. MexiRican35

Defense needs to get better. Getting Hicks back at linebacker will help. Our linebacker pursuit was horrendous last year. If Ash plays great against the tough defenses (an oxymoron, I know) like TCU and OU, then I can see us winning 12 games. Course, this prediction can change, since there's so much change happening with most teams, I wont know how they'll play.

8. gowazzucougs

First, my friend believes WSU beats Auburn this week. I think he believes it because Auburn was so bad last year. He also believes the Cougs are getting 6 wins, I honestly would like him to tell me which 6 games WSU is winning. I have taken the more pessimistic outlook saying 2 wins, they will be better, but at certain point I have to actually see them go out and beat legitimate competition on a consistent basis before I jump on the 6 win bandwagon and make bold pronouncements that they will beat a major non conference opponent.

As for your article, Coach Leach and other college coaches want to be secretive about injuries. They may believe they are gaining some advantage by not disclosing an injury. But, if you compare it to the NFL, injuries are disclosed every week. Some may distort the severity of an injury, but injuries are disclosed every week. Last year Ricky Galvin got hurt, it was never clear to me how he got hurt, what the injury was, or how long he would be out. I never found an article giving me that type of information. If this was the NFL, I would have known when he got hurt, how, and long he was going to be out.

9. gowazzucougs

In listening to the Solid Verbal Podcast there seems to be belief if Texas has any semblance of a defense Texas can start etching its name on the Big 12 Trophy. However, I believe Texas suffers from Crimson Helmet with White OU Syndrome. This is similar to WSU suffering from Gold Helmet with Purple W syndrome. For as much as the Red River Shootout is built up, Bob Stoops and Oklahoma seemingly kicks Texas' ass more often than not. And the games are not even close. Will Mack Brown find a cure this year?

• Like Like x 1
  10. MexiRican35

OU has owned us since 09. It's been as bad as you said. Ever since Colt left, our offense has looked inept playing against the Sooners. Maybe going to the no huddle spread will help. I think we've played to conservatively against OU, leading to far too many 3 n outs.

11. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Its best to keep all of you injuries in the closet.

12. Dru50

I thought Leach believed it best to lock injured players in a shed.

13. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Sadly for TTU, I think WSU has better facilities.

14. Jayrah

I already had him locked. :)

15. Jayrah

I read Manuel is on track to start in week 1. Tuel might start this weekend but he will not be on the field as a starter in week 1. Buffalo fans would riot

16. Jayrah

Isn't Texas always taking the stance that you can start etching their name on that trophy? And how did that Purple W syndrome work out last year? ;)

17. Dru50

I told cougs when the Bears took a flyer on him in the 7th round I was very happy. I think given time to bulk up at the pro level, and some good vets to learn from in the locker room and he could be a player.

18. Jayrah

Bears' 3rd best receiver by week 8. My Bold Prediction

19. Dru50

By next season I'd say for sure. If Earl Bennett recovers from his concussion issue in the preseason he'll be their 3rd best WR this year, but with concussions you never know.

But I'd rather draft a kid that knows how to get open and catch the ball in traffic but needs to just get stronger, than an athlete with no skill for the position. Good gamble by the Bears new GM, who I'm becoming a big fan of.

20. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

thats not very bold;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jayrah

If I was on a WSU fan board it would be. :rolleyes:

22. Dru50

Cowboys fans aren't allowed to talk smack about other teams. This ain't the 90's and they ain't bringing Jimmy back.

23. gowazzucougs

When I wiki the RRS Texas has beaten OU four times since 2000, I am assuming they won twice with VY and twice with Colt. Can you envision David Ash being mention in the same breath with VY and Colt, if your answer is no then OU will win. The only thing you can hang your hat on is that OU is going with an inexperience QB, and when that has happened Texas has won.

24. Dru50

Texas needs to worry less about the BCS title and more about how to stay within 30 points of OU in that rivalry game.

25. gowazzucougs

My Gold Helmet with Purple W Syndrome viewpoint started back in 2001-03. We had the better team every year during that stretch, but somehow the Cougs never won an Apple Cup. Then there was the Apple Cup in like 2006, my future wife and I the week before watched an AWFUL Stanford team beat the Huskies at Husky Stadium. I felt pretty confident there was no way the Cougars were losing to the Huskies, the Cougs lost to the Huskies. Whenever I believe the Cougs have the better team, the Cougs have a way of getting this mental block inside where they just fall apart when they see Gold Helmet with the Purple W.