Real Life football talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Oct 2, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Whadaya guys think of the two football seasons so far?

I thought Nebraska looked pretty decent.... until they played Wisconsin. Now I struggle to think they are a top 20 team.

LSU is the best team in the nation. Bama 2nd, Wisconsin 3rd. I'm honestly not impressed with Oklahoma at all.

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I go Bama 1, Wisconsin 2, LSU 3, Kansas 4. (JK on the last)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Nebraska is still favored to win the division, and they'll do that barring some bad upsets. Wisconsin is going to win the Big 10, so that loss shouldn't feel too bad once they're 13-0 in Indy. Holy balls, is Michigan ranked too high. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I don't think Illinois is going to beat Wisconsin but they are gonna make some waves in the Big 10. Scheelhaase is a bad freakin dude. NW took away the run so NS torched them with AJ Jenkins and Spencer Harris.

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I don't know if you guys saw the Nebraska vs. Ohio State game, but that was incredible. The stadium was so electric. Nebraska doesn't even look like a top 20 team, but still was great seeing them come from behind.

I don't think anyone is going to beat LSU besides Bama. If LSU beats Bama, they will be your National Champions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

History is on the SEC's side, that is for sure.

7. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

BTW, are we going to update the conferences to reflect the current landscape?
    ACC + 'Cuse + Pitt
    Big XII - A&M + TCU
    Big East - TCU - 'Cuse - Pitt + ???(Boise o_O)
    SEC + A&M + ???

I know it's a mess and still in progress, so I just wanna know if I'll have to roll some noob Big East teams in my ACC schedule in the near future

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I was leaning toward swapping TCU and A&M but not Pitt and Cuse simply because we have no idea who will replace them in the Big East yet and the Big East would be bone dry without them.

9. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

Abominatrix I don't know who's favorite to win the Big Ten anymore

10. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

LSU and Bama is going to be pay per view worthy. It's crazy how LSU dominates no matter how many key players they lose.

11. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Uh...this conference change is somewhat important, particularly for our dynasty.

WVU to the Big 12?

12. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

That's the word on the streets. However, that's such a stupid move for the Big 12. WVU is decent at football, mediocre at everything else, not in a big TV market and not in a huge recruiting state and is waaaayyy out of the way. If you're going to go with a school that is way out of the way, why not reach out to Florida and get UCF or South Florida to come in. UCF has had a decent football team (although they're underperforming this year) and played well in basketball last year. USF has been very good at football and is rising back to where they were. They are not real good at basketball but I know they're very good at soccer (not that that matters at all). The important thing is you get into the Orlando/Tampa media and into Florida for recruiting purposes where you can say "Hey, come play for us and you'll play close to home every other year."

• Like Like x 1