Real Life Homer Talk

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by RadarRider, May 24, 2011.

1. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Forget that, wait for Nebraska to come into The BIG 10(12) and drop the hammer!

2. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Neb is currently having a tough time figuring out where and what to recruit. Slow days on the recruiting trail, there will be an adjustment period for Neb. I have no doubt that NEB will compete well in the B1G though.

3. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Wow...constructive.

Oh, I am sorry what has Tenn done lately? Wait, now I remember 6-7. I hope, for you, a recruiting class can do something because Tenn sucks

4. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Yeah, what is the name of the Converence? is it B1G?

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Bwahahaah

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Nebraska is never big on the recruiting trail, we'll get some guys that will come in and work their butts off. Nebraska hardly ever gets too high in the final class rankings, so this wouldn't be anything new.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Now Shaun....

But yeah I agree with you, I don't see them dropping any hammers but I think they could either come in and only lose a game or two or the adjustment could fuck with us and we could have a mediocre season. I see use finishing with 9 or 10 wins.

8. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Again, constructive...

9. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I Think Nebraska is going to go into The B1G and physically control games. Ohio St.: When you play teams like U of I, IU, Michigan, Michigan St., N'western they are not physical teams. Yes Penn St. is very physical and Iowa is meh...I think the transition from the BIG 12, which has more talent, to the Big 10(w/e we want to call it) wont be difficult.

When does TCU join the Big East?

10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The great thing about football is they have to actually play the games.

Last Nebraska game I watched, they got pushed around by a shitty Washington team.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    2012 I believe

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Yes

13. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Ya, I think you're correct.

We'll see, I guess. I think Nebraska loses at least 3.

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Good to see Texas getting the Michigan treatment in ratings/prestige ;)

15. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

Good, I hope TCU stays competitive The Big East needs more competition.

16. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Could also be called the ND treatment... when were the Irish last relavent to college football?

• Like Like x 2
  17. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

@KillerNuts

do you live in Ohio or are you just an Ohio St. Fan?

I ask because I want to know how people, who live in Ohio, Feel about this whole Tressel situation?

18. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

The Video Tower Situation...

19. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

lol One bad season and Texas is Notre Dame? Ouch.

20. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Still better than being compared to Michigan, which is what you compared Texas with :)

21. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I wouldn't drop them a star because of one off season. =/
    That being said, I don't think that those ratings are after a season or two, not to start off... although obviously I have no way of knowing for sure.

I live in Ohio and will be going to school there next fall.
    Everyone feels different on the subject, so I can't really give you an actual consensus on the subject.

22. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

• Notre Dame has the second highest-winning percentage in NCAA history (.734), behind Michigan (.735).[2][5][6][7]
    • As of the end of the 2010 football season, Notre Dame has the 3rd most wins in NCAA history (845), trailing only Michigan (884) and Texas (850).[7]
    • As of 2010, Notre Dame also has the fewest losses of any Division I-A program (295) (minimum 700 games played).[8]
    • As of 2010, Notre Dame has 103 winning seasons in 122 years of football, and only 13 losing seasons.[5]
    • The football program has the most individual Heisman trophy winners at seven (Ohio State has seven Heisman trophies that were won by six players).
    • As of 2009, Notre Dame has produced more All-Americans (99), consensus All-Americans (80) and unanimous All-Americans (31) in football than any other college program.[9][10]
    • Notre Dame is represented by 48 players and coaches in the College Football Hall of Fame, the most of any university.[11][12]
    • Ten former players are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, second only to USC(11). Notre Dame has produced the second largest number of players drafted into the National Football League of any program in the country. As of the 2011 NFL draft, 469 players have been drafted, second only to USC's 472.[13]

- I would rather be known for of all that than be known for: Coach scandals, AD who try to cover up stuff for its players and HC's, players getting paid, etc.
    - Notre Dame is getting there, you guys act like they have been completely out of the NCAA loop. They have been to two BC games in the last 5 years and have also won two bowls games in the same time frame (I know there have been other teams to do the same but not many). Kelly is a good coach and he is bringing in very good recruiting classes (which matter). revamps take time, there is no program that has consistently been dominate since its begining and there is barely a handful of teams that can compare to the history and success that Notre Dame has had.

AND THEY SHOULD JOIN A CONFERENCE!

23. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I like this guy

24. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

Your hilarious. Like i give a shit about tenn football.

25. RadarRider

RadarRider Montage!

I apologize, I am still working my away around the site.