Real Life NBA Discussion

Discussion in 'Between The Lines' started by Bondzai, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Preseason starts tonight. I've never been so excited for preseason games.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Same here. I may even watch the Cavs Pistons game tonight...

3. Bondzai

I'm definitely watching some of it. Magic/Heat play on Sunday.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Charlotte's got a scrimmage tomorrow at 5. I'm gonna check that out live. Could be painful...

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Hope Diop looks really bad and gets amnestied lol

6. Dru50

Bulls play the Pacers on Monday (I think). And NBA TV is carrying both Lakers-Clippers preseason games. Going to be DVR'ing those for sure....

7. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

I hope so to

8. Dru50

Bulls 95, Pacers 86

Rough 1st quarter by chicago - no defense and 7 turnovers had Indy up 11 after 1, 33-22. Defense then showed up, holding Indy to about 34% from the field. Nice opening game between two of the teams that should make the playoffs in the East.

9. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Cavs win!!!!!

In 15 minutes Kyrie Irving had 21 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and 2 steals. 5 turnovers though :(
    In 14 minutes Tristan Thompson had 11 points, 7 boards, and 3 blocks. Are there no foul outs in preseason cuz he committed 8 fouls!!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

I hope this Dwight Howard Trade talk doesn't go into the season. I hope he's dealt before the start of the season, but i find that unlikely!

11. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Hope he keeps it up... but Irving needs to put on some muscle if he wants to last the season.

12. ZCar352

Bobcats open up with a W 79-77 over the Hawks. (y)

Kemba had 18 points 3 Reb 2 Assists and a steal

13. Juan Valencia

Juan Valencia Walk On

Lets see if they can keep it up. ;)

14. ZCar352

Bobcats open up with a win with an overall team effort. I was very surprised how well Byron Mullens played and I did not know he had some range.

15. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Are Miami and Denver this good? Or is Dallas just REALLY bad right now. I am thinking the latter...

Kyrie Irving looked....like a rookie that played 11 games last year...Tristan Thompson? Looks like the real deal ant PF for the Cavs.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I don't agree with giving Kyrie the start. But damn it seemed like Sessions loved the sixth man role. Jamison started extremely slow as well. Hollins is a fuckin bum. Get Samuels in there. He started at the end of last year and did well and had a great season. Don't know how in the hell Hollins got above him in the rotation. Maybe it was a matchup thing. I can't say this, but i'm actually looking forward to Semih Erden coming back.

17. Bondzai

Dwight, Hedo, and Redick all score 20+ points in a win against the rockets. This is the kind of balance we need.

18. Blaza

I was at the game. Nice win for the cats!

19. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Looks like prison ball paid off for B.J.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ZCar352

That's awesome where were your seats? and yes it was a great way to start the season. The Cable Box was electric tonight especially when Kemba came off the bench and when they showed Cam and Derek Jeter on the screen.

21. Dru50

Bulls playing sloppy for the second straight game. They got away with it against the Lakers but it doesn't look like they will tonight against GS. The warriors backcourt is killing the Bulls, especially in the area of stealing awful passes by the bulls.

And its a bad sign that the bulls haven't figured out how to attack teams doubling rose at every turn. Not a good sign.

22. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I haven't caught any of today's game, but the biggest thing i noticed against LA is the fact that they don't seemed to have developed anything for Rip. Dude stood still more in that game than i think he ever has in his entire career.

23. Dru50

When he wasn't on the bench in foul trouble, refs called him for heavy breathing on Kobe a couple of times.

24. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Does it make me a bad person to want to root for the Thunder this year over the Cavs? I have been in DFW now for 6 years. I have watched the Thunder get better each year. I have been to 8 games (here and in OKC) over the past 5 seasons, and dammit, Russell Westbrook is my favorite player in the league...

I feel horrible about wanting to desert the Cavs, but...but...it's just so hard to stay focused on them when i can watch almost every Thunder game here and i never get to see the Cavs...

Perhaps I am just ranting and drinking beer...

25. Blaza

http://www.seats3d.com/nba/charlotte_bobcats/

I'm in section 102 row F seat 1. My first time getting season tickets for NBA...pretty excited about it.

Tonight was a fun game....We've got the Heat on Wednesday, I'll be sure to snap a few pics for you jerks.