Real Life NBA Transactions

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Bondzai, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I'm hearing that the Nets are going to offer Brook Lopez and 2 1st round picks for Dwight.

No thanks.

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The report said that the Nets would also be willing to take back Hedu's contract. But I feel ya.

Folks in LA are saying that the Clips would be willing to part with anyone aside from Blake to get Dwight. I think a package centered on Eric Gordon/Chris Kaman and some picks wouldn't be bad for ORL if Dwight isn't going to sign there.

3. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

wouldn't they crowd each other in the paint? does blake stretch the floor at all on the offensive side?

4. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I heard the Celtics are willing to trade Rajon Rando to a team in a 3 way team trade with the Hornets to get Paul.

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I wouldn't trade my lunch for kaman

6. Dru50

I agree - I don't think it's a great fit. If they are looking to make a splash they should be going after Chris Paul.

7. Dru50

Why? Cause you don't want a 29 year old 7-footer who can score in the paint and play pretty good defense?

Kaman was hurt most of last year, but his stats the 3 years prior look like this:

2009-2010: 18.5 PPG, 9.2 RPG, 1.2 BPG
    2008-2009: 12.0 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 1.5 BPG
    2007-2008: 15.7 PPG, 12.7 RPG, 2.8 BPG

Yeah, you couldn't use that on Cleveland at all.:rolleyes:

8. Dru50

Seems to be dead before it began - ESPN is reporting that Paul won't sign and extension with Boston if he is traded there due to the age of the rest of the roster.

9. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Bulls need to go sign me a SG to give some relief to DROSE

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think Danny Ainge needs to go sit down somewhere..... If memory serves me didn't the trade of Perkins jack with that teams chemistry ? As well as give them no post defenders ? I think moving Rondo(won't happen but for arguments sake) would potentially piss off the loyal vets on the team , better long term move or not. If they have some cake free I think Chandler or Nene' would be a good move for them.

11. Dru50

They won't be able to get much without a trade, as Noah's $12/yr extension kicks in this season and they are reportedly going to extend Rose ASAP. Unless they can get someone like Jason Richardson to sign on the cheap we will be looking at the same underperforming group at SG as last year.

12. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I would like Richardson but I doubt he will want to sign for dirt cheap...which sucks because he would be a perfect fit.

I love Noah but that extension is going to kill our ability to get free agents with shitty ass Boozers contract.

13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Bulls fans i wouldn't get upset quite yet. Some quality guys could be cut through the amnesty clause and with that stigma on them i don't see them getting big money. Guys like Rashard Lewis could easily be had for the MLE i think. The Bulls and DRose proved last year they are legit, a smart guy who wants a ring in this new CBA will prolly be more likely to the MLE from a contender.

14. Dru50

The trouble is that what the Bulls need (a SG who can create his own shot) won't come cheap. The guys who would fit that role, like say Brandon Roy/Aaron Afflalo/etc, are going to likely get more money than the MLE will allow the Bulls to spend.

I agree with _MG_ on this one. The contracts of Boozer (getting $13-15 million per year to play no defense and get blocked 2-3 times a game at the rim) and Noah (getting $12-13 million per year to provide no threat on the offensive end) could hamstring this team long term.

I think the Bulls roster as constituted can win 50-55 games a year, but I don't see them getting past teams like the Heat or the Knicks (if they indeed land Chris Paul) without more of an offensive threat in the backcourt to help Rose out.

The team has to hope that rookie Jimmy Butler really plays above his head and can help the team out.

15. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I've been really caught up in the CP3 saga. Really curious to where he goes.

I'm really excited for this NBA season. I'm about 95% sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on season tix for Bobcats this year. I don't really care for them, but I love NBA games---such a swanky league.

16. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Dru50

I agree with everything except getting past the Knicks. That team, even with Chris Paul, would play 0 defense and I think the Bulls could beat them in a playoff series.

It would sure be fun to watch. Defense VS Offense.

You are right on the Heat though, they have to be the favorite this year unless Howard gets moved to the Lakers, Bulls or CP3 goes to the Knicks.

17. Bondzai

There's nothing like being there live. I had Magic season tickets the last 5 years.

18. _MG_

_MG_ Watching Folks Swim

Featured Threads:
    Hope you are right, but Rashard Lewis doesn't do it for me lol We need a 2 guard not a SF/PF that shoots too much and plays lazy defense.

19. Blaza

Yeah I've usually been to 15-20 games a year for the past few. Figure I'll bite the bullet this year.

20. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I didn't mean to suggest the Bulls should go after him, just using him as an example of a big name amnesty casualty. Also remember Bulls fans, the guy you felt the Cavs were asking to much for at the deadline will be a free agent (Anthony Parker). The Cavs are making him a priority, but unless he has some hardcore devotion to the Cavs, i could see him making a nice impact for the Bulls for cheap.

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Three of my favorite events to attend all time have been the 3 NBA games i have been to. 2 at the Key Arena when the Sonics were really good (played the Lakers once and the KG, Spree, Cassell led T-Wolves) and 1 in Cleveland at the Q in January 2010. As much shit as i talk about LeBron, i'm so happy i saw him play live once in a Cleveland uniform. Definitely was something on the bucket list. Not to mention the Q puts on a PHENOMENAL show, the atmosphere in that arena is amazing. From the games i've seen on TV, it doesn't look like its slowed down much since LBJ's departure either.

22. Blaza

Yep--I've been to countless amount of sporting events and I think live NBA (lower level seats are a MUST) takes the cake.

Seeing those guys run their offense is just poetry in motion for me. That, and that fact that you are so much closer to the action makes them unreal. Bobcats Arena is rarely packed so you can actually here convo's on the court/bench alot of times. A few years ago I remember hearing Iverson rip a ref 3 new assholes for 48 minutes. It was awesome.

23. Dru50

Same here. Folks in LA are excited because Broussard was on the radio out here this week saying that his sources are telling him that the only team aside from the Knicks that Paul would be willing to sign an extension with are the Clippers (due to Blake). If I'm the Clippers and there is any truth to that, I make that deal happen, even if it takes trading Eric Gordon.

24. Dru50

When my boys are a little bit older, I plan on taking them to several NBA games to get them hooked.

25. Bondzai

My son wants to go to Phoenix and Miami to watch games. I asked him if we could just go to Orlando and he says he wants to see the Heat and Suns play. I ask can we just see them in Orlando and he says he wants to see them play other teams.