Realistic solution

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by quietstrm, Sep 19, 2010.

1. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

Realistic solution

Why not try to advance through every offseason week every 24 hrs.

Encourage everyone to get done with their offseason week asap but let 24hrs be the maximum waiting period. If we get done quicker great if not this is a stiff time limit.

The chances of getting everyone to get together one night are low. Some of us have more flexibility in our lives while others don't. Life is unpredictable and we all have different things going on. We got to be flexible with one and another. We got a good league going.

I think everyone has done a great job being patient and trying to figure what works.

I'll keep checking the message boards when I can to see what goes down. Let me know what you think. Short term this idea sucks cause some of us could easily get this done asap but the fact is we got 12 different dudes doing their own thing. We gotta respect that. Not everyone has the same lifestyle is in the same stage of life (god I miss the college days). Long term this could be a better move. Thanks again guys!

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

whatever u guys decide im good with...im trying to complete these swac rosters lol. so i wont be bored.

3. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

Because it's Japenese water torture?

I have done off season in 1 night at least 12 plus times with different groups. It's about being committed and willing to set some time aside 1 night.

4. ThePaw

ThePaw I'm so seasonal it hurts, baby!

Japanese water torture? Sounds kinky. Anyways, everyone focus their discussions on this page. There's no need to have three different off-season topics floating around.

5. Dave

Dave Walk On

I like xXPHACTR's idea the best considering we can get everyone on the same page:

I do think we should have each other's cell numbers especially so the commish can text people about getting stuff done especially right now where we are trying to get things done quickly.

6. ThePaw

I agree, bkhogfan was trying to get everyone's before he had to leave the OD because of time constraints. http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/showthread.php?p=325059#post325059

7. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

My bad for creating another new topic on the message board. Ok so are we going to start another poll to figure another day if as a group we decide to do the one nighter? Like Dave said we got to have everyone's involvement. X I'm not saying this can't work it would be quicker if we decided to follow your idea. The reason you did it 12 times is because it ain't easy getting 12 people to do what someone else or some other group members wants to do. Great idea with the cell phones. At least we are all involved in trying to get this done....Either way it will get done if we keep working at it.

8. ThePaw

I'm waiting on Cimmy as he's the final word in this situation. I'm sure we will come to a good argeement, but i'm not sure everyone's going to be totally happy about it.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Whew, you leave for a bit and things get nutty...

I had Paw advance so we could get it rolling, if it takes 24 hours or 3 days to do the offseason, I dont care. I want guys who want to play in the league. If you feel like you can't wait, get out. We will figure something out tomorrow. Post here if you can or can not make it tomorrow at 8 pm. We'll see what the majority is and go from there, if you don't post, you'll be left out if we do in fact do it.

10. ThePaw

I can.

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

8pm what? est cst pst? I can make them all actually

12. xXPHACTR

xXPHACTR Banned

We got nutty? I thought we were doing great. I don't think anyone is going to be leaving over which way we do a off season lol. I can do tomorrow night at 8. :sheep:

13. Dave

Dave Walk On

I cannot make it tomorrow night.

14. ThePaw

I think we're going to have to do XXph's suggestion on the 24 hour advances. It will go a lot slower but that way no one is screwed in their off season.

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

X has been removed from the site.

We will see where we are at as far as who can and who can't do this tonight.

16. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I'm not even gonna ask....my mouth is closed but....diZzzzzzzzaaaaaaaammmmmmmmm!

17. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

I am good with tonight at 8pm. eastern time?

18. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

est is what im shooting for yea

19. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Ok. Cool. Works for me.

20. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Works for me. And even though Louisville was screwed out of its perfect season, who cares since I wouldn't have won the NC. There is 1st and then there is everything else.

21. ThePaw

Yeah, I don't know what happened there man. That's sucky though. Atleast you still finished top 5 in the nation.

Also, what should we do about Dave? We shouldn't advance without him.

22. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

I cant do it at 8.

23. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Thanks to those who have at least left their input...advancing to the next part of offseason tonight, no plans on finishing tho

24. quietstrm

quietstrm Walk On

sounds good...cimmy. i'm on it.

25. ThePaw

Hmm, looks like the 8est start time didn't happen. I wonder what happened.