Reality vs Video Games

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by GoGators, Oct 20, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Reality vs Video Games

I've done this a couple times, has anyone else?

Since playing in these franchises, TMFL and NCAA, I have slipped up in sports conversations saying something that has happened in my video game and not in real life, i.e. saying Big Ben has a herniated disc and is out 10 weeks when in real life he's tearing stuff up.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. I notice it usually happens to me in regards to injuries.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

ive messed up talking about schools I dont pay much attention to.
    Think ive said things like "isnt so and so undefeated and ranked?"
    when... no...they arent lol only in NCAA land

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

ya i hear people say reggie bush is a beast and so is michael vick then i remember thats only on video games lol

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Haha yeah me and my buddy are watching the Iowa State vs Nebraska game. The Nebraksa's punter punted a 60 yard punt which pinned IA St at the 5. My buddy leaned to me and said" He's good, he's a 99" (referring to his NCAA rating). I laughed because I was wondering what his rating was.

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

yeah illinois has made a bowl game on the game sure hasnt happened in reality lol :(

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

lol ya @ illinois, I won the natl champ with them in the big ten, they're lucky to get a win in real life

7. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I was telling my buddy how Demps transfer to Florida ST, when we were watching a Flo ST game he told me i was on crack, but to make a long story short he won $20 off me and he is FLO ST in our Offline dynasty, so he knew he had transferred in our dynasty, because he was starting in 2011. I thought it was real, i shouldnt live up to my name so much.

8. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Yeah, I totally do the same stuff...Me and a friend will be watching a game then will tell each other what play the team in real life should call b/c it works well on NCAA 10...We'll also be talking about tons of stuff from our NCAA 10 dynasty then another football fan will wonder what the hell we're talking about b/c we're talking imaginary recruits, transfers, etc.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I've never gotten reality and video games mixed up... However, all the lower-tier schools that I've run with in dynasties always achieve a much greater level of success in real life in the following years after I use them.

For instance... I had Minnesota starting with the year that Barber was a soph or maybe Jr. and Maroney was a Fr. Did well with them and in the following years they became a winning, very successful team year in/year out for awhile in real life..

Louisville. used them before they ever became a winner under Petrino. They subsequently had a lot of success in real life.

Central Michigan. Took them, there wasn't even a Dan Lefevour on that team when I had them, they've become one of the winningest lower-conference schools the past few years.

Wondering if the same thing happens with Purdue. They are looking really solid under Hope this year...

10. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Could you please use the Badgers in one of your dynastys? :)

11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Purdue won't make a bowl game this year. Maybe next year.

I've never in my life confused what happened in a game to what happened in the real world. That sounds dangerous. :confused: