Reasons To Believe

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tmac2345, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

Reasons To Believe

Going into season two what do you like about your team and why do think you will be able to compete for either the MAC or C-USA crowns?

For me (Memphis) it all comes down to experience. I have 23 SR's on my roster with 15 being starters. That also means I best win this year because I will be rebuilding in a big way next year.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I doubt I will be as strong as I was last year (which was questionable). I do however, have some young pieces in place to lay a solid foundation for the future.

I think this recruiting class can really help build the program up quicker. I doubt I will be able to compete for a championship, but I do think that I will give some people problems...

3. The reason I KNOW I'm going to dominate the country..... oh wait, nevermind. This could be an ugly season, with a lack of a recruiting class last season, this year will be a do what you can type of year on offense. Hopefully we'll be able to bring in some recruits that'll move our team in the direction we want next season.

On the defensive side of the ball, however, we managed to pick up a pair of solid corners that will fit the scheme nicely. Hopefully we'll be able to sign a solid SS, and pick up a solid LB or two, and this D will be ready to make a transition to a new defensive set.

4. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

I don't honestly think this will be the year for me - lost some guys that recruiting didn't come close to replacing.

I do, however, think that recruiting will go much better this year, so there's hope for the future. If I can hold onto the :4stars: prestige that I was bestowed with, things will be a-okay.

5. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

Well, I did win the Mac last season, but I don’t think that it will be as easy this season to be honest. For one I only played one human opponent all last season . Not sure they dropped like flies.

Second I lost a good Defensive Core to Graduation. My DB’s and LB’s have BIG shoes to fill and will be hard pressed to maintain the same level that last seasons WMU team had.

Third, I lost me Impact HB to the Draft and my Impact WR to graduation. This years HB and WR’s are ok, but not near as good to what they replaced from last seasons team.

Even though I won the Mac WMU is still a 2 Star School and it will be a battle for Recruiting one again. I hope to do better than I did last season on that front.

6. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

my QB has played amazing. 88 or something speed has been perfect for the option.

i'm hoping to have a solid recruiting class this season, although this week a lot of my recruits gave me the pissed off face.

7. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

WR Armand Robinson (in my sig) is my one glimmer of hope.

8. ogode

ogode Guest

Offensivelly this year looked to be similar to last, My QB Keechum is now gone most of the season, I would love to go to my faster option-type guy, but he is not remotelly accurate. I am looking to rely less on my HB's this year... need a WR or maybe a TE to make a mark.

Looks like the defense is going to struggle against the USERS,