Rebels bust a Nutt, win SEC Championship 38-14

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ole Miss has fallen one game short of the National Championship (loss to Arizona State and jfosh ) after winning the SEC Champinship by the score of 38-14.

Ole Miss had the ball first and wasted no time as Barry Brunetti hooked up with Korvic Neat for a 71-yard scoring pass. CB Nick Marshall is much larger and looked much slower on the play.

Ole Miss got the ball back and again drove down the field, this time Brunetti found Jeff Scott all alone in the flat. On the replay it was clear that the linebacker assigned to Scott got picked, which explained a lot, and it was 14-0 Ole Miss.

Scott continued to have the hot hand as in the second quarter he appeared almost unstoppable. Georgia's defense stiffened in the second half but Scott had a variety of awesome runs in the second quarter that essentially won us the game. On one 11-yard play he made DT Geathers miss in the backfield, then made two more moves (replay unavailable... wtf). He followed that up with a 38-yard TD run right up the middle making a quick juke to get to paydirt.

Georgia managed a nice drive and scored a TD between Ole Miss scores but it was 28-7 at the break.

The defenses exchanged stops to start the third quarter, but Georgia punched it in with 23 seconds remaining in the 3rd to make it 28-14. After that the Rebels salted the game away with a nice drive and played solid defense to finish out the game.

A last second cheesy field goal was somewhat accidental. We called the FG but thought we were gonna be able to run out the clock. When I noticed the play clock was behind the game clock I just kicked it to end the game rather than go through the penalty animation...

GG makinpropel

Key Contributors:

Barry Brunetti - 12-17, 192 Yds, 3 TD, 0 INT

Jeff Scott - 27 Car, 128 Yds, 2 TD, 38 Long - 3 Rec, 16 yds, 1 TD

Korvic Neat - 3 Rec, 110 Yds, 1 TD

Ja'Mes Logan - 3 Rec, 41 Yds, 1 TD

Eric Lester, Phil Brink - 1 INT each

Highlights from the game:

• Like Like x 1
  2. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Good game. Mistakes killed me. Muffed Punt, dropped interceptions, poorly thrown balls. I probably wouldn't have been even close to you at the end, but still would have been nice to play a little more mistake free.

One of the best passing performances I've ever seen from a user.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats ASU's big moment last year...we were more than happy to help you fall short.