Rebels Fail at Hunting Down Cougars

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 16, 2011.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

Washington St 28, UNLV 17

The UNLV Rebels don't look as bad as many thought. Unfortunately, in the midst of their tiny emergence, a new problem might have emerged: finishing. Once again holding a lead going into halftime (10-7), they fell apart in the 2nd half, giving up over 350yds in the air on the game. Unfortunately, finishing isn't their only problem. It appears star RB Tim Cornett is prone to injury. And if he (who was having a respectable game on 91yds rushing, 1TD) can't stay healthy after going down in the 2nd quarter for 2 straight games... the Rebels might never finish. But in the face of all of this, their is hope. Senior WR Michael Johnson is a playmaker and Sophomore QB, although the stats might lie a little, seems solid and has the potential to go on a tear as the season moves forward.

Obviously looking for a quote from the fiery first-time head coach after shocking words last week, I was able to manage this from Coach Hale, "Well. My team fights, my RB is a huge lady-man, and we can't finish. Maybe next week. Unfortunately, Washington State is a worse team than about 80% in our conference. So we'll see."

Game Notes: The UNLV defense gave up a crapload of yds in the air while still managing 3 INTs.

2. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

uh oh...you fell apart against a lame duck coach at a bad program. Stock back down my friend.

3. vatechhokie01

we are all getting fired at the end of the year! lol

4. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

After my turd, how bout you take DC and I'll take OC under gramps at WKU.

5. vatechhokie01

lmao. i like it.