1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Rebuild or Reload- 2014 Penn State Season Preview

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Hokie Effect, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

The Nittany Lions have defined the word dynasty the past 4 seasons with a record of 52-2, 2 BCS Titles in 3 appearances, and 3 Big Ten titles. Can Penn State continue their dominance? Penn State returns 7 starters on defense, 6 on offense, and both their kicker and punter. Here's a small peak at this years edition:

3-4 Defense
    DL- returns both DE's who combined for 22 sacks last year
    LB- return all 4 LB's including LB of the Year from '13 rsSO Steve Key
    DB- this will be the question mark of the defense as they start 3 freshmen, but what they lack in experiance they make up with speed: 99, 98, 97, 95

Offense
    QB- both QB's return from the 2 back system. Jones throwing and Bolden running.
    RB- with the suprised early departure of both RB's this creates a huge hole. Expect a run by commity aided with QB Bolden
    FB- used mostly as a blocker but returning starter that may be one of the higher rated FB's in the league
    WR- return their 2 most productive WR's
    TE- thinnest postion, but mostly used as an extra blocker
    OL- returns 4 starters, good but not great in terms of ratings

Synopsis- If Penn State would have returned at least 1 of their top 2 RB's I would be more inclined to say a repeat is possible. But with a depleted backfield, inexperianced secondary, a tougher OOC schedule, and a target on thier back 10-2 would be realistic. After their week 2 game against USC we will have a better idea....

• Like Like x 1
  2. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Nice writeup Hokie. I was planning on doing something similar when I get off work tonight.

3. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

good post hokie, I just posted one as well