Recap of Florida vs. Georgia

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Hellisan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Recap of Florida vs. Georgia

We were technically the home team this year so we had that going for us...

I'm nowhere near my system so I don't have the stats, but basically it was back and forth early on. We took the opening kickoff and scored on a pretty long drive, and they replied. It was 14-14 at some point then we kicked a field goal before the end of the half to lead 17-14.

We had a lot of difficulty stopping Demps. In addition to being one of the faster players in the game he broke a tackle behind the line of scrimmage (by one of my better players no less) and went 50+ yards on one touchdown. He was amazing. But their passing game really struggled so once we got him semi under control late we were in better position to win.

Florida took a 21-17 lead late in the 3rd quarter thanks (I think) to Demps.

We started on the next drive and scored a touchdown to re-take the lead 24-21 very early in the fourth. Things then fell apart for Florida. They returned the kickoff to the 22 yard line, then after a couple of bad plays it was 3rd and long. We called (IMO) the perfect play for the situation and got great pressure. QB tried to run, then tried to run/throw, and it was just an ugly play, he got hit and the ball popped straight into the air and into the waiting arms of DE Justin Houston, who returned it 16 yards for a touchdown, 31-21. With the ten-point lead we felt pretty safe but we stopped Florida again and Cody threw a touchdown pass to Marlon Brown that could only be described as a pin-point, perfect throw.

Cody is a straight-up assassin. There were two throws in particular that I remember going oh no, and he throws it to the only spot where only my guy can catch it. Like a TE that was covered, he throws it up high. Brown was open for a split second and that's when the pass hit him right in the neck, he had no choice but to catch it before getting splattered by the Florida defender.

Demps dominated our defendse with like 188 yards or something and we didn't do as well on the ground, but Cody and our 4th quarter defense were a big factor.

GG Steelah.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Interceptions on defense....what are those???? I think VA tech has 3 all year!

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Oops, wrong forum. Moved.

LOL Jay, what happened against BC! I want a recap of that one!

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

What year is Cody. Did Aaron Murray transfer?

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Pretty simple...besides the injuries. 2nd half I lost 2 HBS out for game, taylor out for weeks, #1 TE out for game. But that wasn't the problem.

Well I forgot the got to D-line interceptions off hitting my QB while throwing.

Kick returns to my territory and the inability to ever stop Boston College. The Funny Thing is I almost tied it up with 1 sec left.

I scored being down by 14 with 6 secs left. I got the onside Kick with 2 secs left. WR Roberts got behind the defense and I hit him but he got tackled on the 3 yard line.

I wish I broadcasted b/c then I could cut clips....but owell. Like I told Juggs it was only a matter of time where I didnt score 50+ to be able to win.

I had the defense on aggressive all game and we didn't cause one turnover. Last game vs Duke I had the defense on all conservative and were just as useless.

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Where is the golden reset button Bly?

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Cody is a true freshman.

I cut Murray.

He had like 50 AWR. I have been harping on AWR at QB this year, if you dont' have it, I won't play you. I still have Mettenberger but he's like 55 AWR. I kept him cuz he's 6'5 with a good arm. But he'll never start.

8. Blaza

What type of AWR did Cody come in with?

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

when the game was done I got "transfer failed" messege. I tried it like 50 times.........then went to the bathroom and came back and tried and it connected.....lol

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

he is a 3-star guy, 6'2 or so. Slow as fahking molasses.

Code:
              OVR  AWR  THP  THA
    Original   79   81   84   84
    Current    81   83   84   86

11. Blaza

Jesus, that AWR is high, but 81 THP????!

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

He has no problem making any throws.

edit: If I played him and his arm was a negative factor he wouldn't still be starting, but it's just fine and he has 4 INT on the season and is #2 in the NCAA in passing efficiency.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    helli isn't a downfield passer anyways, he'd rather have a pennington type QB than a Campbell/Russell type.

14. Blaza

Ahh yes, Helli is a Dinker, Dinker, little Tinker

15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah with QBs.....its the user mostly...not the Player. Some rating are a factor but for most part it is Helli that is the #2 passer in the nation not Cody Banks.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

meh... I will keep saying that I think AWR is very important. I have played both QBs that have it and those that don't.

as for the Pennington type. Good comparison. we average 14.5 per completion, Fosh's guy averages 19.5! But he still can complete passes downfield.

17. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I agree that some QBs feel right and other don't but I think we can play with many different QBS and still end up with similar stats.

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ok but for me it's a big deal. My stats reflect the combination of AWR/THP/THA (in order of importance) in both this league and the other one.

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    hmm i wonder what my avg. completion is...

20. BRUCE80

After my game with Georgia I am a believer. I will be hunting high awr QBs this offseason and next year.

21. BRUCE80

He's a lover, a hater, a smoker and a toker and a midnight poker...just ask his old lady.

22. Blaza

fixed :)

23. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

You're so witty.

24. Blaza

Hahah, sorry man my sophomoric side has been peeking through...ok glaring through.

25. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Side, huh. are you insinuating there's some other side of you that isn't? :D