Recap of LSU @ Auburn

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by RynoAid, Sep 16, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Recap of LSU @ Auburn

LSU jumped all over War Eagle early... Auburn's offense was stifled. The option was getting blown up in the backfield and LSU took away the middle of the field in the passing game causing a couple of picks.

Meanwhile, the LSU offense took advantage of an aggressive Auburn D that was blitzing from all angles. Jordan Jefferson had a solid game, finding the open receivers quickly and moving the Tigers down the field.

LSU ended up with a solid halftime lead.. i think it was 18-8 or something like that. The Tigers extended their lead in the 3rd and Auburn was down 42-21 with less that 5 minutes to go. Auburn scored making it 42-28.

Jordan Jefferson went down with an injury and our Sophomore blazer came in and busted a 68 yard TD run off the option. Making it 48-28. Then somehow, Auburn's D was able to strip the ball on back to back 1st plays of LSU possesions and the Auburn whoodini's still had a shot now somehow with the ball down 42-48 and 45 seconds left.

The LSU defense stiffened though and shut them down on 4 plays to end the game.

I learned that you have to cut the head off the snake to kill, otherwise it is still dangerous.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nice recap ryno - just based on the score I would have thought it was a shootout but it looks like your defense played pretty solid. Good win... Puts you in a good position heading down the stretch.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Another undefeated goes down. The % for Georgia's 2011 Championship run increases. If Miami Falls.........it should be a make it more interesting.

Georgia vs Auburn
    Georgia vs GA Tech

his 2 toughest opponents left.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Honestly the option has been pretty much negated with the improved ratings...now I don't know if it's because my personnel isn't as good as it was last year but everytime I run it, I get stuffed for much of the time.