Recaps & Content

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BadaBing319, Dec 20, 2010.

1. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Jul 16, 2010
    OK, good news and bad news...

The good news is our recaps and team reports have been really good IMO. I feel like XFN has motivated some guys to cover their teams like beat reporters, which have all been great reads. I enjoy the stories and write-ups the guys are posting and think we as a board should encourage them as much as possible through the commenting system so they keep 'em coming!

The bad news is the lack of league content. Other than Nate's "This Week in the OMFL" and Win's Buckman reports, we haven't had any original content about the league. Dunlap & Mik's power rankings haven't been updated since week one, no Jethro's weekly lines, no betting game, nothing. I admit I haven't written anything up lately either league wise - most of my time has been spent customizing XFN and keeping the front page somewhat fresh.

Thoughts? Ideas? I miss the weekly lines and the betting game was really fun. I realize it's the holidays and people are busy, so now may not be the time to ask. However, after the New Year, maybe we need to see about getting some people back on board with content responsibilities...
  2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

Sep 16, 2010
    i dont know how to do the brackets like dunlap does and he hasnt been up much at all lately so hard to keep the power rankings up when one doesnt get on much lately with him moving and two i have no clue how he does the brackets
  3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Oct 8, 2009
    We need to use the XFN site as a tool for this.

League Blogs are nothing to do. I did one for the Buckman thing and will continue to do them as the draft gets closer and I have nothing better to do once the brief but nice run of the Lions ends with a 12 game losing streak. :)

Just a matter of firing folks up to spread their wings a bit. Do some division blogs and the like. We have some good writers that have stretched themselves out now that they have a medium that is easy to use. Just get them to do more.
  4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Jul 29, 2009
    Ya, I've just been really busy using my time off to get some house work done and finish my wifes kitchen, as much as possible, finished. I should get back on board soon with mine. I say just post a reminder. Its totally up to you. Something your good at. Do what you feel you must. Kick some dust up! I also admit, for me, immature even, it's hard for me to stay active on those articles when I am totally not having fun. I promise thought next week should be better and I should get back on these articles.