1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

recording video

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Apr 12, 2010.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

recording video

I am trying to record video of NCAA Football 10 games played. I know no matter what setting I use the whole game video will be too long to post in youtube or any site like that.

Is there a program I can use with XP to edit video?

The video is saved in avi format, is there a way to convert it to another format? If I can get the video to play in realplayer I can edit it. AVI is windows media player.

There was a few second delay on sound from game to video, what would I need to change to fix that? The first few games I recorded the sound was fine with video. I thought maybe my wife changed something before she recorded something on saturday but not sure.

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I have a question for you... What recording device did you use? And the person to ask for recording info is jca (sp?), I know he is a XBox guy. He probably could tell you.

Edit: Nevermind he just posted below me, lol

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

windows movie maker.

not sure about the sound as you are not telling us how you are recording.

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Vivitar DVR 865HD
    Digital Video Camcorder

it's a handheld camcorder. It can record in HD 1280 x 720, VGA 640 x 480, QVGA 320 x 240.

I am recording from a tripod around 5 ft away from TV. Lights were off in room because they were affecting the recording when on.

I didn't adjust any setting on recording except zoom and resolution, I recorded last night in the 640 x480 setting.