Archived Recruit of the Week: Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Maximus21, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Recruit of the Week: Season 1

For the first installment of Recruit of the Week we will be focusing on :4stars:QB Adam Henley.

[​IMG]

Ranked as the #35 Prospect by ESPNU 150, Henley will likely outplay that position in this class. The running skills of the Claremont, CA product will be a perfect fit for either Oregon or Virginia Tech, the two schools with the best chance of landing the QB. He brings a lot to the running game, while his B THP and B- THA take nothing away from the passing game.

My guess is that the Week 7 visit with Va Tech will be the deciding factor in this recruiting race. Oregon is not scheduled for a visit until Week 10, and my sources tell me if all goes well at the Hokies visit that Henley will commit to Coach JVig's program.

2. Maximus21

Update on QB Adam Henley: Oregon is very close to getting a commitment from Henley, but Va Tech is still close behind.

3. Maximus21

The focus of Week 5 is :5stars: MLB Adam Richardson, the #10 prospect according to ESPNU 150

[​IMG]

The LSU Tigers have a slight edge over Ohio State for the speedy tackling machine and they also brought Richardson in for a visit this week, which turned out to be a 25-17 win over Tennessee. The LSU coaching staff is really hoping that the victory sealed the deal for Richardson joining them for 2011 and beyond.

The Buckeyes are hoping that such a close game versus a weak opponent will put doubt into the youngsters mind and allow them the time to have their visit in Week 11.​

4. Maximus21

Updates: :4stars: QB Adam Henley has signed with Oregon and :5stars: MLB Adam Richardson has signed with LSU (boo-ya).

5. Maximus21

This week the spotlight shines on the highest ranked unsigned OG, :4stars: Casey Harper.

[​IMG]

The 6'2" 315 LB product of West Valley City, UT is the #36 ranked recruit according to ESPNU 150. is very close to committing to Utah, but Texas and Virginia Tech are still in the mix. The Hokies have Harper coming in for a visit in Week 10 so they will need a big victory against ACC competitor Georgia Tech to make up ground.

If either Texas or Va Tech are able to leapfrog Utah for this young man's services, their ground games will benefit the most. Run blocking is this kid's specialty so he should be able to impact that part of the offense early in his career.

6. Maximus21

Update on :4stars: OG Casey Harper

He has a soft commitment to Utah and will be taking his official visit there in Week 14. Virginia Tech and Texas are still neck and neck with Utah, with the Hokies the only school to have offered a scholarship to this point. Given that Harper is from Utah, it will be very difficult for either school to overcome that soft commitment.

7. Maximus21

With the number of highly ranked uncommitted recruits dwindling, this week we focus on :4stars: DE Mark Warren.

[​IMG]

Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame are the top 3 schools still in the running for the services of the #78 player, as ranked by ESPNU 150. The 6'5" 257 pound DE out of Lufkin, Texas is strong against the run. His B- strength, B+ finesse moves and B+ block shedding led to many tackles in the opponent's backfield. However, his C+ tackling and D- awareness may lead to a red shirt season. Ohio State had a visit with the youngster this week during their 10-3 blood battle with Michigan. That could tip the scales in their favor once and for all.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I think he committed but not sure where because I erased my board. Taking that L probably wouldn't of helped my chances anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.