Recruit Speed Limits

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Recruit Speed Limits

Hey folks. We're using new limits on the speed of offensive recruits based on their star ratings, so I thought a reminder would be a good idea:

5 star recruits: A speed Maximum
    4 star recruits: A- speed Maximum
    3 star recruits: B+ speed Maximum

It's a new system, and things like this can be missed. That being said, the following teams have offers on Wide Receivers that are over the speed limit:

Matt Jackson – Georgia (4 star, A speed)
    Korey Williams – Florida State (2 star, A- speed)

The results of signing these guys won't be pretty - you'd have to cut them and lose scholarship spots in next season.

Also, keep in mind that an ATH recruited that would be over the speed limit has to be assigned to a defensive position. The following guys would fall into that category:

Reggie Lee – Clemson
    Mark McDuffie – North Carolina

Long as these guys end up on defense, it's all good.

Thanks guys.

2. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

1-5 stars needs to be addressed. Thats why I went after a 2 star. I'm taking a huge risk as it is. IMO 2 stars and under should be free game. I don't think I've seen a rule pertaining to them yet.

3. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

Matt Jackson – Georgia (4 star, A speed)
    Ok, I must have thought that he was A- Speed. I will hault pursuing him ASAP.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

The B+ rule applies to 3* and under. It is to prevent people from recruiting shitty players just for their speed.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think I messed this up as well. I believe I have a guy 3 stars with A- speed. I could have sworn I checked everybody but apparently missed this guy. So, i'll have him cut from my list by next advance.

6. Larsccw

Larsccw Guest

I think I may have for 3 Star and below guys on my board with higher than B+ speed. I will also check this and correct.

Although I understand what we are trying to do with these restrictions, it seems to me like it's a bit complicated to keep straight. It is very easy to simple screw up on this. And the nasty penalty that follows a screw up will defiantly hurt.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The Ath is being recruited as a cb.

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Personally I don't have a problem with it.

What about moving players from WR to CB? I know I have done that in the past, but if that is a problem then no big deal.

I like the speed limitations on offense, and its the only restriction so it shouldn't be that difficult to follow. That being said, Im sure I will screw it up somehow.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Can we do this?

10. Razcalking1978

Feel free to do it with current guys, but no, you can't recruit a WR over the speed limit by promising to switch him to CB.

11. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Basis fears the trojans.

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

While were at it Raz,

What are we doing about transitions to other spots?

How big does a player have to be to swap position to TE, DE, OLB?

We have it at 225 for DE, TE and FB I think in other leagues. We should hash it out here too.

13. Razcalking1978

It's a good discussion to have. I don't want to end up with a bunch of tiny fast DEs or LBs. Ditto for TEs, though 1/2 of the TEs in the draft pool wouldn't be over that weight limit.

14. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
  15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The DE's should also have a speed restriction of 88 or 89 so you don't get 62 OVR rated 220 lb DE with 96 speed.

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I am recruting the ath for defense as well. Goodjob on keeping up with these things razcal

17. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Guys, every team has gamebreakers...don't we have enough rules in place?

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ya this is a sim league, theres tons of ways too exploit speed, but we shouldnt need MORE rules, just dont be cheesy and try to exploit speed. Just recruit realistically

19. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

No way the noles would be recruiting this guy.

20. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Thats just it. Here, I coach the Noles. In another league, I recruited the same way because it fits my style of play. So, here I would recruit him. It's just there are so many rules in place it's more of a hassle to recruit than it is fun. Hopefully we will adjust to somthing simpler in 2010.

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Hopefully players with BS speed are extremely rare in NCAA 2010.

Players crazy fast like Devin Hester, Chris Johnson, etc. should be extremely, extremely (1 per year max) rare, IMO.

Playing someone wiith Percy Harvin is OK for me, because he is GREAT.

Playing someone with a 55 overall 99 speed HB who runs for 300 yards because the game is flawed makes me want to punt people.:)

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I like the speed restriction because it makes it more of a battle to recruit those game breakers. Well on offense at least....

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Shaun hit the nail on the head. Plus, I hope they fix the ignorant 40 times. The fastest combine time is like 4.26 and every year there is only a handful of prospects that run in the low 4.3s with months of preparation and training. 4.18 would be a world record and yet, every year, the computer generates five of them.

24. Razcalking1978

Like AG said as he was putting together the recruiting restrictions:

You want speed, you have to compete for it. You want a speed receiver that will burn the defense all day? Well then I guess you found your 5-star. You're going to have to fight for him.

Offensive players at or under 3-stars are restricted to B+ SPD or lower.

25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well, looks like im the first guy to screw up this rule. The guy i was talking about above signed with the advance. I failed to drop him before the advance and now i cant. So whats my punishment going to be again :(