Recruit spotlight of the Week

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    CHIP ALEXANDER
    committed
    [​IMG]
    #1 rated Prospect ESPNU TOP 150

:5stars:
    ATH
    Belle Glades, FL
    We caught up with the Belle Glades standout for a breif interview.
    First, what position do you want to play on the next level?
    Whatever position that allows me to start game 1 freshman year. Kicker, Punter Longsnapper, holder it dont matter I want to be on the field making plays.
    Chip you are the number 1 rated prospect in the country according to ESPNU, how have you dealt with the fame?
    I just try to go out and play big every Friday night. It's good and all but I just love the game not the hype.
    Belle Glades is known for some pretty elite athletes, who have you met?
    Fred Taylor, Santonio Holmes, and a lot of NFL guys are from the MUCK. They give me hope that I can make it to the league one day.
    We know you are a busy dude give us a run down on your recruitng as of today.
    Well i don't have anyone that I would call my leader. It's too early in the season but I have a top 5.
    Florida - Some of the boys from this area like Deonte Thompson and Janoris Jenkins have done well there and told me great things.
    Florida State- FSU is trying to do it right. I like the coaching staff.
    Alabama- THey just won the National Championship. You have to give them a look.
    Ohio st. - Santonio is pushing them on me so I will give them a look just cuz of him.
    Michigan- They love Florida speed they grabbed a couple kids from the MUCK in Vincent Smith and Martaeveous Odoms. I like the head coach.

2. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice post sdid, I like it a lot. Look forward to seeing more of these in the future.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Good shit

4. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Nice write up diddy!

5. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Gerald Greene
    #1 QB Prospect (Dual-Threat)

6'6 210 Brazil, IN
    committed to
    [​IMG]
    This week we catch up with Gerald Greene. Greene is the number one quarterback prospect in the country. The dual-threat star reminds many of Tim Tebow. He is a bit taller and slightly less built. Greene has been dominating on the prep level and is ready for new challenges.
    Some are saying you are the best quarterback prospect to come out of Indiana in years. what do you say when you hear things like that?
    I want to be the best. So it tells me I'm headed in the right direction. I have worked hard and studied the game to the point that it has become easy for me.
    What does the country need to know about Gerald Greene?
    They should know that I am a competitor. I want to win and will at all costs. Whoever signs me is getting a four year starter and program changer. I will not be outworked. I will not go into any practice, workout, or game unprepared.
    You have great speed and agility but you can toss it too. How do you like to attack defenses?
    Basically I take whatever they give me. You wanna sit in zone I'll pick you apart. You try to pressure me and play man I will find a crease and you're done for.
    Where will you continue your football and academic careers?
    Coach JCA wants me bad and I like what Michigan has been doing. I can get them over the hump.
    Notre Dame is the only in-state school I would consider. They have offered and I have always been a Fightin' Irish fan.
    Some of the other schools I talk to on a regular basis are Ohio St., Florida, Penn St. , and Texas to name a few.
    What will it take to pry you away from South Bend?
    The right system with an opportunity for me to start day one.

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Another great job sdid. I hope he's the guy to get us over the hump. He looks like a great prospect.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Dont count you chickens ... did he instant commit to you this week ? I hope not we didnt get our offer together yet.

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

I'm not counting any chickens, if he comes, he could be the guy to get us over the hump. Better? ;)

9. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

wheeew I'm gonna make a push at him, I like his swagger :cool:

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Justin Burgess
    #1 WR (#6 OVR ESPNU 150)
    committed
    [​IMG]
    5'11 190
    Chattanooga, TN
    This week we catch up with the nation's #1 WR prospect Justin Burgess. Burgess hails from Chattanooga, TN and has coaches fro all over the country after his services.
    Justin, tell us what type of WR you are ?
    Well I'm an every down every route type of WR. You can put me in nay spot and I can beat coverage for first downs and touchdowns.​
    What are your strengths?
    I'm only 5'10 5"11 but I can jump with anybody. I'm a 6'10 high jumper too. So that and the fact that I can get up to full speed really quick are my strengths.​
    Who is your favorite receiver and why?
    Well it use to be Randy Moss but I went to some Titans games and he was a nonfactor, decooy. So I guess i gotta go with Steve Smith of Carolina. I always liked him because he's not 6'0+ and can do everything.​
    You are down to your top 3, we see the usuals from five star athletes you are interested in Michigan and Alabama but you have Eastern Michigan in your top 3 ?????
    Yes, they offered me my freshman year even though its not binding or anything. I been there once because it was my first offer and they stuck by me. I could go there a leave a true legacy. The best ever even, so I will give them a fair shot.​
    Will you really go to EMU?
    Time will tell (smiles).​

11. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Diddy! I love reading these man..keep up the great work....Maybe one of these days Mizzou will land a top 5* player....ok...just dreaming

12. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Hey if Eastern Michigan can make the Final cut you can too BOB!

@BOBJR0526

13. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    yea that's messed up

14. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    WHAT I'M HEARING . . .
    updates regarding the nation's top prep prospects according to my sources
    The nation's #1 player :5stars: Chip Alexander has ended his recruitment and committed to [​IMG].
    Sources say, the nation's top QB prospect :5stars: Gerald Greene has liked the late push by [​IMG] but he still leans heavily toward becoming a [​IMG].​
    :5stars: RB Evan Davis is reportedly a silent commitment to [​IMG].​
    Word is :4stars:HB Eli Alston has offers from [​IMG] and [​IMG]. His coaches say he loves the power running game and offensive line of Wisconsin. If they do not offer Baylor is next in line.​
    [​IMG] has picked up 5 :5stars: commitments this season. They are projected to have​
    the #1 recruiting class this season.​
    Don't be surprised if [​IMG] end up with a top 3 recruiting class. Players liken Coach Cimmy to Lane Kiffen, who is also a great recruiter.​
    Out of all the non automatic qualifiers [​IMG] not only has a nice class but could end up in the top 10.​
    Heres a few prospects that only have to put the ink on the paper in February because its a done deal:​
    Brandon Schmidt #2 HB [​IMG] [​IMG].​
    Barrett Brown #2 ATH [​IMG] [​IMG].​
    Trenton Fowler #8 HB [​IMG] [​IMG].​
    Tim Patton #2 SS [​IMG] [​IMG].​
    Too Close to call. Here's where some real battles are brewing. Let the mud slinging begin!​
    Justin Burgess #1 WR [​IMG] has [​IMG] in the lead slightly over [​IMG]. Burgess just took in a game in Ann Arbor and sources say this one may be over come week 8.​
    Michael Williams # 4 WR [​IMG] is down to [​IMG] and [​IMG]. Iowa holds a slight edge but Nebraska is fighting to keep him home. Sources say the loss to Iowa hurt the Huskers big time.​
    Quintin Wallace #3 HB [​IMG] is a California boy and [​IMG] is in the lead but dont count out Coach Hack and the 12th Man in this one. [​IMG] has him in week 9 to take in College Station.​
    Matt Stanley #1 SS [​IMG] is down to[​IMG] and t[​IMG]. Stanley was highly disappointed in the letdown in the swamp to Ole Miss, but it was evident to him that he could play next season. Ohio State's BCS appearances over the past few years has the Buckeyes up front.​
    Laurence Hicks #1 T [​IMG] is down to t[​IMG] and [​IMG]. Like Burgess he has [​IMG] as his #3 but they have been eliminated. Sources say he is torn about this decision and if he had to have a leader it would be the Buckeyes by a hair. He did visit Ann Arbor with Burgess they were both seen leaving Coach JCA's office with [​IMG] hats on.​
    #12 HB Micahel Baker "The Money Maker" :4stars: is down to his leader [​IMG] and t[​IMG]. His agility has the college coaches drooling. He told both schools he would visit in week 5, someone is gonna come up short in this one.​
    #12 ATH Larry Rodgers [​IMG]is waiting on an offer. He has [​IMG] as the only midwest team in his top 8 but they have not shown much interest.​

15. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

As stated earlier Coach JCA was indeed able to land Laurence Hicks #1 T and Justin Burgess #1 WR.

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Tidbits from the Recruiting Trail​
    The nations best bench press​
    Mike Rogers Juco DT from Illinois​
    :3stars:
    claims 503 bench​
    He currently has 0 offers but is interested in LSU, Kentucky, and Missouri.​
    Nation's smartest prospect​
    Skyler Smith a :1stars:T from Florida committed to FAU​
    The Nations fastest player​
    Kevin Keller a Juco CB (#7) from Kentucky​
    :4stars:
    posts a 4.24 forty​
    he has offers from Alabama and Ohio St.​

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great job Diddy. If T2 Steals away that WR I am going to dick womp him ;)

18. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Top HS Prospect from User States
    Iowa
    Christian Hill WR :4stars:
    has Iowa as the leader but Nebraska is lurking.
    Nebraska
    Michael Williams WR :5stars:
    this one is a toss up he is a soft commit to Iowa but he loves his Huskers.
    Texas
    Brandon Schmidt HB [​IMG]
    All Texas all the way next . . .
    Missouri
    David Wright T [​IMG]
    Wright is committed to OU.
    Ohio
    Garrett Beard DE [​IMG]
    Not sure what Beard is waiting on we all know he is OSU bound.
    Michigan
    Laurence Hicks T [​IMG]
    Hicks made it official and will attend Michigan.
    Pennsylvania
    Ryan Hernandez WR [​IMG]
    PSU commit.
    Alabama
    Mark Wallace HB [​IMG]
    Wallace has Bama out front but Texas is all over him too.
    Louisiana
    Roman Miller FS [​IMG]
    Miller crosses the border and is headed to Austin.
    Kentucky
    Mike Espinosa TE [​IMG]
    Espinosa is down to three OSU, PSU, and UF. Its too close to call.
    Florida
    Chip Alexander ATH [​IMG]
    Alexander goes with Florida.

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

As reported earlier Gerald Greene the nation's top signal caller has committed to [​IMG].

Greene stated that he just couldnt pass up the opportunity to win multiple National Championships.

Bold statement by a very confident player.

20. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

:5stars: TE Mike Espinosa has decided to end his recruitment and commit to [​IMG].

21. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Non User Recruiting
    [​IMG]
    The eyes of Texas are upon SH. Texas recruiting class is flat out ridiculous. Texas has landed the #1 MLB, DE, FS, and G in the country. How about the fact that they scored the #2 QB and HB in the country as well. Things are going better than good for the Longhorns who by far have the #1 recruiting class in the nation.
    [​IMG]
    USC has done a great job over the years recruiting and this year is no different. With four :5stars: landed they are in position to add more. They landed the states top two prospect in HB Q. Wallace and WR A. Hart. Look for USC to push for the top spot by Signing Day.

22. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

ESPNU 150 Updates

Evan Davis the #1 HB prospect in the country is still undecided between PSU, UF, and Texas. Coach Cimmy has not put all his eggs in the Davis basket. He has landed two other 5 star HB prospects. Florida is still keeping their offer but are not desperate for Davis. Watch out for Texas to gain another #1 rated prospect.

Mark Wallace is another 5 star back that is undecided. Alabama has a big lead but he will be visiting Austin, TX week 11. The Longhorns have yet to offer him. Is that what he's waiting on???

Matt Stanley continues to have Ohio St, Florida and Texas holding their collective breaths. Stanley is a cant miss SS prospect and all 3 schools are locked in a battle for his services. He has already been to all 3 schools. He says his parents and coaches are helping him make the decision. Stay tuned.

23. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Damn good job diddy

24. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

HB EVAN DAVIS​
    COMMITTED TO:​
    [​IMG]

25. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

TOP 5 RECRUITING CLASSES
    [​IMG]