Recruit Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by onaradio34, Aug 26, 2010.

1. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Recruit Talk

Wanted to get some recruiting chatter goin. I read other dynasties recruiting threads cause I find them hysterical and so relative to my own dramatic swings of exuberence/misery going after fictional 17 year olds.

For starters I am stoked for my first signee, #6 WR Chris Stephens. Had him #2 on my board even though he won't make an impact next season but I really like him in the slot in 2-3 years. He WILL be highsteppin on some of you in the coming seasons.

My bust so far was the #11 QB Tim Herron who had B+ speed and acceleration, B- agility and C awareness. He would have started for me next year, but unfortunately, the little prick signed with Ole Miss.

That led me to find a sleeper QB who has a user #1 but ain't even gonna give the kid a whiff. He may be a 1 year project but will start in '12 unless another QB on my roster makes some huge strides.

2. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

"cause I find them hysterical and so relative to my own dramatic swings of exuberence/misery going after fictional 17 year olds."

lol so true for most of us

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Pulling down QB EJ Carter before week 1 was huge because if he would have waited that 50 point loss would have scared him away from Gville.

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

Ive got nothing yet..time to get the girls ready

5. JDBattleMC

JDBattleMC Order in the Court

Two 4 stars, double last years haul. I am only going after 5 star recruits this year. A small amount of elite recruits to replace the outgoing crop.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

And your going to end up with a class that resembles last year's class with that mentality... plus your going against the whole SEC, Texas, and Miami/FSU... you'll have your work cut out for you.

7. JDBattleMC

Last year I went after 35 people, and spent time on them equally. This year...new strategy. Also, my class this year is 200% better than last years class. When you can produce a 200% better class than last years, THEN we can talk. 200%!

8. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

9. onaradio34

Well looks like I don't have to worry about recruiting against LSU...I got 0 5* on my board. Now that I think about it, I have yet to land a 5* guy in any dynasty.

Anybody elses pitches get worse this year? I dropped in 3 categories I believe, but went up on 1 of the coaching pitches, lol.

10. JDBattleMC

My recruiting went to crap because my season tanked after JJ got injured. If I can keep up a little winning streak here, go 4-0, I will snag a 5*.

11. spliff616

spliff616 Walk On

I dropped in Program Stability, which I find odd considering I'm still coaching there.

12. onaradio34

I wonder if the restart had anything to do with it. Auburn was already a C+ so i doubt it would have affected me.

13. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

FSUs went down since their prestige went down.

14. onaradio34

I whiffed on week 2 and my visits are gonna suck. I'm away and have byes weeks 5-9. Best I can do is week 10 and it's not a rival. I'm afraid to wait till the Bama game as others may snag my guys and I'll probably get my doors blown off.

Added a 2 more guys to my board I think may help and 1 more guy for fun cause his measurable are crazy.

15. fsuprime

fsuprime Definitely Maybe

haha yea, i can either bring in recruits for Nebraska week 4 or miami week 7 both user games....and i know the cpu helps the other user team win if u bring in visits on those weekends so its week 9 for me :/

16. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

yeah its like when you got a lot of recruits at a game, EA turns up the BS it all makes sense now, even vs the cpu that happens.

17. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Flordia still cheats lol