Recruit Totals

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Shaun Mason, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Recruit Totals

Everyone needs to check to make sure they are following the recruiting rules.

New guys, this especially means you.

For example, dub has 12 4 star recruits as USC.

Not sure how many they had prior to him taking over, but he shouldn't be signing anymore.

Shaun

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Pretty sure I'm go to go as Stanford.

3. Sweetness

Sweetness Banned

Sorry for my inactivity, if it happens again with out me giving you a reason first, just boot me shaun.

I have all my recruits I need and can have.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I have a couple of questions

How do I know which of my 4 stars are bonus? Don't ranking numbers change when the offseason recruits are added? I believe this was referenced in the original league description.

I was already over 7 4 star when I joined....I think at least one is a bonus. But I'm not positive. Am I going to be penalized for the cpu's recruiting violation? Or the inactive guy before me? I am willing to cut down to the appropriate number.

thanks

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I may be over some limit(s), but if I am its because Nebraska already had a few signees when I took over. I know there was a :5stars: S that had already committed, but Ill cut him if need be. I would never recruit a S with B rated speed. Maybe he could be a LB or something lol

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Since we added so many new guys right in the middle of recruiting, I doubt I will punish the new guys if they went over...

But the guys who were here already don't get the same grace period.

Anyway, new guys, don't take that as license to sign away...if you are already over, stop.

7. dub

dub Banned

yeah, I just saw that and was surprised as you are.
    I had already reached my max when I took the team.
    I had 2 5 stars and 8 4 when I started, and only 15 scholarships

So I only went for the bonus ones only. Yesterday evening I only had 2 people that had scholarship offers.

However one thing I did forget to do was turn off my recruiting assistance. I'm new to recruiting restrictions, and never touched the assistance before, so it totally didn't even cross my mind that this would happen.

sorry, I'll take any penalties you see fit.

8. dub

dub Banned

and as far as that 12, again I only went after the bonus recruits.

the ones listed and the multiple of 10..Did I read the rules wrong?

9. dub

dub Banned

ok, so everyone is clear this is what I did. I read the rules when I first joined, and saw what I had.

My first thought was ok, so I can't go after anyone 5 or 4 unless they're bonus and don't count against my totals. I re-read this

Any additional recruits must be three star or lower, unless:

Some recruits are open to all, and do not count against your limits. These recruits are:

*Numbers 1, 2, and 3 - "The Celebrity Recruits"
    *Five and four star recruits with rankings of 10, 20, 30, and so on. Basically, every tenth recruit of the five and four star caliber is fair game, but you'll have to compete for them.
    *Numbers will change when the off-season recruits are added. We will develop a set of rules to govern this, but none exist just yet.

Sooo, I cleared my board and updated them with the celebrity recruits and the multiple of 10's.

and only gave scholarships to 5 of them, which kept getting updated due to Ohio State taking them from me...

I did sign more 4's. so that 12 was probably 8 from when I started and 4 of the allowed that shouldn't have counted..

Now the total 16 is my fault and explained earlier..

10. dakota7

I am way over. I have 79 players on my roster right now. I forgot about the recruiting assistance also. (never dealt with it before) I cleared my board in week 4. I had 70 exactly, but 1 extra 4 star that the cpu had signed.

Shaun.....what should we do? Maybe an alternate would be to dock us the appropriate number of recruits from the 2011 class.

example-- Oregon signed 2 extra 4 star recruits in 2010 so in 2011 they can only sign 5 4 star recruits.

Just a thought.........kind of a compromise.

11. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Wisconsin's recruiting class stayed within the limits. Actually can't believe I got some of the players I did seeing as when I took over the team we had nobody signed at all!!

on a side note you all heard about the patch that came out for NCAA the other day? It actually toned down the progression in the offseason now. You are not going to see a bunch of players go up by +9 overall anymore. It's also related to the star level of your school also 6 star schools players will progress a bit better then say 3 or 4 star schools players.

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Progression down = awesome.

13. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

i think it also has something to do with your athletic facilities rating.

In another OD I have Oregon(A+ ath facilities) and a couple of kids went up +6 which was the highest ive seen/heard so far.

14. danielm025

danielm025 "Wreck 'em Tech!"

I went over by one. If you want, I'll cut my 4 star DT

15. dakota7

the cpu got me down to 70........I'm all set