Recruit Watch - Year One

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Razcalking1978, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Recruit Watch - Year One

This is a list of the top recruits that won't count against your 5/4-star limits. I'll update these as the season progresses.

Rank Position Player User Teams Interested
    1 HB M.Baker
    2 C J.Barrett
    3 CB W.McBride
    10 QB J.Thomas
    20 G M.Carr
    30 DT W.Campbell
    40 P A.Coley
    50 SS J.Williams
    60 CB A.Gaines
    70 QB C.Parker
    80 HB B.Keller
    90 T M.Kirkpatrick
    100 HB T.Miller [/SIZE]

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Everyone and their brother will be pining over that #1 dude. He's a stud!!!!

3. Razcalking1978

4. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Keepin' it 1hunnah.

Featured Threads:
    He is a stud...

I would have to sell my soul to Navy to get him...

5. jello1717

And I'm pretty sure that Florida was the only one of our teams that was in the top 10 of all 3 of these guys (of course). I was only on the list of one.:mad:

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm on the list of two, and top on one. I think I'm fourth on the number two guy (and I think the top four or five are users - nice battle here) so I'll spend some time on him, too.

Gout a few bonus guys I'm ficusing in on. Should make for an interesting season, and just what Dat was after.

Looks good so far,

AG

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That is sweet. I've been waiting for guys to start posting there.

If it gets as interesting as it looks like it might, we could always create a separate blog for recruiting, mimic the real ones and such.

Nice post.

AG

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Don't ry to distract people from the HB from Hawaii with you at the top of his list. Overall a lot of good tailbacks this year, probably because I dont really need one.

9. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

How did you get the pics of the recruits?

10. Razcalking1978

Found their matches in the TeamBuilder website.

11. DatNDaz

DatNDaz Walk On

That's what I was afraid of. Kind of a pain.

I'd like to use these for some recruiting write-ups. Maybe the thing to do is just download all of the pictures so they're easier to look through. I'll take a look at that.

12. jello1717

Heh! I honestly had no idea who you were talking about. :D I just checked now see that he's the #8 recruit in the country and I noticed that he's not even on my target list. If you check him out, I've fallen to 3rd on his list.

This is 1 problem that I'm having with the recruiting system. This guy is a stud and, apparently, he had me as #1 on his list, but due to our limits, I can't even look at him. With only 1 non-bonus :5stars: recruit available to us, I'm having to ignore a bunch of guys that are interested in me. I had to redo my target list this week because I had 5 :5stars: guys in my top 10 that weren't bonus recruits. Obviously this is a waste of recruiting time since I can only sign 1 of these guys.

I mentioned earlier in another thread that I felt we should have all of the newly added offseason guys off limits to us, but I think I will retract that statement. If we all recruit evenly, then that means 6 of us will sign 2 :5stars: guys while 6 of us only sign 1 :5stars: guys (since there are only 6 :5stars: bonus guys available right now). That sounds really few for the caliber of schools that we have in this league.

13. Razcalking1978

According to Scout.com, Michigan only had 1 :5stars: player in it's 2008 recruiting class. It also had 2 :2stars: players.

I don't know how much experience you have with long-term online dynasties, but trust me, come year 6 you'll be glad that the CPU teams were allowed to have their fair share of the good recruits.

14. jello1717

This wasn't really about my team. According to scout there were:
    Column 1 Column 2
    Team :5stars:
    Notre Dame 4
    Miami 4
    Ohio State 6
    Michigan 1
    LSU 1
    FSU 3
    Florida 4
    Oklahoma 3
    Texas 2

So for our schools, there were 9 teams in the top 25 recruiting classes of last year, and only 2 of them had only 1 :5stars:.

I think what I would suggest would be to open up more :5stars: but not a lot. Maybe only 6 more which would allow us to average 2 each while still allowing the recruiting gurus to land 3 or 4.

But, as I've stated before, I only have experience with offline dynasties where I leave tons of :5stars: recruits for the CPU since I'm only 1 team. It just seems to me like we're getting too few, but I've never done an OD before.

15. Razcalking1978

Here's a list of 5 and 6-star prestige teams in NCAA 10 that aren't a part of our league:

West Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Utah
    USC
    Tennessee
    Penn State
    Oregon
    Nebraska
    Georgia
    Boise State
    Auburn

Not to mention 4-star programs like Cal, Georgia Tech, Mizzou, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and UCLA that we'd like to see remain relevant.

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Comparing to scout isn't really a good idea unless the entire pool of recruits is similar. If scouts has 38 five star guys and 225 fives and fours, and so do we, then maybe the comparison holds. Otherwise, it's apples and oranges.

I don't want an abundance of studs. Too many transfers and early entries into the NFL. You just can't get all the guys time on the field, or the ball, or whatever they want. I want a couple studs, good talent all around, and seniors who started as three star guys playing big roles. Suits me just fine.

Actually, it's part of my strategy. I'm stacked at HB, so I wouldn't want the top guy. I couldn't keep him. But a three star, in-state kid who I can redshirt and bring along slow, that's just what I want, and it's what I'm going after.

Careful what you wish for, guys. You just might get it.